Windows 10: Unable to Uninstall Forza Horizon 4

Discus and support Unable to Uninstall Forza Horizon 4 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I attempted to uninstall Forza Horizon 4, and based on the fact that I can't find any folder relating to Forza Horizon 4 or "sunrisebasegame" or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by xboxblowsdonkeydong1, Feb 22, 2021.

1. Unable to Uninstall Forza Horizon 4

I attempted to uninstall Forza Horizon 4, and based on the fact that I can't find any folder relating to Forza Horizon 4 or "sunrisebasegame" or whatever; it sure LOOKS like it worked. But upon further inspection, I never got my 60 GB of space back. In fact I got literally nothing back, the only thing I gained was the inability to play the game that Microsoft refuses to remove from my computer. Please don't try to tell me to reset my computer, empty my recycle bin, check the "deleted" folder, check the "packages" folder, or utilize programs and features; because I have tried each and every one of these options. Based on my research the problem seems to be within the MSIXVC folder. I have read that it manages installs for a number of games including Gears, Forza, and Metro. But seeing as I don't have a single one of these games installed at the moment; I find it odd that the folder contains over 150 GB of contents. In order to test my theory and see if I can correctly launch other game pass games if I were to delete MSIXVC; I had planned on adding the suffix ".old" to the file name. However; I am unable to rename or even delete any of the contents or the folder itself, with the excuse being that it "is open in another window". I am now out of options, willpower, and faith the Microsoft will actually do something to fix this issue; which seems to go back as far as or maybe even farther than NOVEMBER 2019. This is frankly ridiculous. How is it that a Microsoft owned company/brand/games distribution platform can have an issue where IT IS LITERALLY IMPOSSIBLE FOR ME TO REMOVE THIS GAME FROM MY COMPUTER. This is infuriating as I have just up and lost over 60 GB of space all because a games distribution platform, that is owned by the creators of my computer's operating system, cannot correctly remove something from my computer. I have NEVER had an issue like this before. I have used Steam, Epic, Origin, Uplay, GOGgalaxy, and even the Bethesda app and I have NEVER had the extreme displeasure of encountering an issue like this. Please help as I sure would like to be able to use the 60 GB's of space that has been robbed from me for no reason.

:)

xboxblowsdonkeydong1, Feb 22, 2021
  2. Naveen_M Win User

Forza Horizon 4 will not unistall

Hi Titus,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I'd suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

Click on Start menu, and look for Forza Horizon 4. Right click on it and select
    Uninstall.

You can also uninstall the game through settings by following the below steps.

1. Press Windows key + I together to open Settings.

2. Click on Apps > Apps & features.

3. Click on Forza Horizon 4.

4. Select Uninstall.

Let us know how it goes. I will keep working with you until it's fixed.

Naveen M

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Naveen_M, Feb 22, 2021
  3. Can't uninstall Forza Horizon 4 expansions

Hi MarkMikail,

Thanks for reaching out! I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you.

Did you try to uninstall the Game itself?

Click on Start menu, and look for Forza Horizon 4. Right click on it and select Uninstall.

You can also uninstall the game through settings by following the below steps.

1. Press Windows key + I together to open Settings.

2. Click on Apps > Apps & features.

3. Click on Forza Horizon 4.

4. Select Uninstall.

Hope it helps.

Abram Pinto, Feb 22, 2021
  4. Mala_S Win User

Unable to Uninstall Forza Horizon 4

Forza Horizon 4 : FH001 error

Hello Edward,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand how frustrating it feels when you are unable to play a game after downloading it.

I suggest you to post Forza Horizon 4 query on Forza Horizon 4 forum, where
    we have engineers with the expertise to provide solutions for this issue.

Regards,

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Feb 22, 2021
Thema:

Unable to Uninstall Forza Horizon 4

1. Unable to Uninstall Forza Horizon 4 - Similar Threads - Unable Uninstall Forza

2. Uninstall Forza Horizon 4 Demo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Uninstall Forza Horizon 4 Demo: So, I installed the app. It didn't work well. So I uninstalled it through settings all fine. But when I went to explorer, i found out that nothing had been uninstalled. I found out that 3 of 5 folders had deleted. 1 of the remaining can't be deleted and I can't get access...
  3. Uninstall Forza Horizon 4 Demo

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Uninstall Forza Horizon 4 Demo: So, I installed the app. It didn't work well. So I uninstalled it through settings all fine. But when I went to explorer, i found out that nothing had been uninstalled. I found out that 3 of 5 folders had deleted. 1 of the remaining can't be deleted and I can't get access...
  4. Unable to download Forza Horizon 4

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to download Forza Horizon 4: I'm having trouble downloading and installing Forza Horizon 4 from the Microsoft Store. Every time I try to download Forza it says to recover the license and then I get an error. The error code is 0x87E10BD0. After doing a factory reset for the first time, I couldn't install...
  5. Forza Horizon 4 won't uninstall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forza Horizon 4 won't uninstall: I can't uninstall Forza Horizon 4, or any games. I've tried doing it by the control panel, resetting microsoft store, and relogging into my microsoft account. No matter what, it wont uninstall. Is there any way to fix this without having to redownload windows?...
  6. Forza Horizon 4 uninstall

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Forza Horizon 4 uninstall: I uninstalled FH4, I rebooted my pc a few times and yet, the 80/90 gig that the game took up was never freed from my C drive, how do I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/forza-horizon-4-uninstall/739af18c-27bf-4a4b-b5aa-1bccc69cb79c
  7. Unable to install Forza Horizon 4

Unable to install Forza Horizon 4: I failed to install this game though I tried. I think the problem is with Microsoft Store that is working incorrectly on my PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-install-forza-horizon-4/74d06f5a-28bd-4915-be73-cc45a840ff60
  8. Can't uninstall Forza Horizon 4

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't uninstall Forza Horizon 4: I uninstalled Forza Horizon 4 using the XBox (Beta) app for PC. However, all of the files are still in C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Deleted and I can't delete them. I have tried changing permissions on the folder using Properties>Security>Advanced but it gives me the error...
  9. unable to install forza horizon 4

unable to install forza horizon 4: I am unable to install FH4, it just says manage, then lists my old devices. it shows a small ! and when i hold my mouse on it, it says 'does not work on this device' current specs are i7 5820k, gtx 1080, 32gb ram so should be able to run. already tried the wsreset that...
  10. Forza Horizon 4 crashing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Forza Horizon 4 crashing: It keeps crashing after i get done with the benchmark and when i do my stuff manually it crashes when the xbox controller pops up please help this game is very buggy atm i have had download problems and crashing problems...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. forza horizon did not completely uninstall