Windows 10: Unable to Uninstall Groove on Windows 10 PC

Discus and support Unable to Uninstall Groove on Windows 10 PC in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I am unable to uninstall Groove. The uninstall button is greyed out. I have tried both terminate and reset but the uninstall button remained greyed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Trevor Yardley, Sep 30, 2018.

1. Unable to Uninstall Groove on Windows 10 PC

I am unable to uninstall Groove. The uninstall button is greyed out. I have tried both terminate and reset but the uninstall button remained greyed out.

I already have Spotify and so I want to get rid of the Groove application.

:)

Trevor Yardley, Sep 30, 2018

2. Groove Music Unable to Play Music

We'll try a different approach, we suggest that you reinstall Groove Music and see if it has the same issue. Follow the steps below on how to remove and reinstall Groove Music:

• Open Start menu, search for "PowerShell"
    • Right-click the PowerShell shortcut and select "Run as administrator". Agree to the UAC prompt.
    • Type/Copy paste Get-AppxPackage *zunemusic* | Remove-AppxPackage.
    • Once that Groove Music has been uninstalled, launch Windows 10 Store.
    • Type/Search for Groove Music and install.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Sep 30, 2018
  3. How can I uninstall groove music?

Hi Viorel,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to uninstall Groove:

• Press Windows key.

• Type Windows PowerShell in the Search.

• Right click on Windows PowerShell from the list and click on
      Run as Administrator.

• Type in the following command ‘get-appxpackage *Microsoft.ZuneMusic* | remove-appxpackage’ and press
      Enter.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Sep 30, 2018
  4. ND irish Win User

Unable to Uninstall Groove on Windows 10 PC

How can I uninstall groove music?

Windows 10 is going to be problem. What do you mean by "Press Windows key."??

ND irish, Sep 30, 2018
Thema:

Unable to Uninstall Groove on Windows 10 PC

1. Unable to Uninstall Groove on Windows 10 PC - Similar Threads - Unable Uninstall Groove

2. Unable to uninstall.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to uninstall.: Recently I downloaded a service called "Advanced System Care", at first it was dodgy because it was downloading multiple apps onto my computer with the name ITOP that I didn't need. So instinctively I deleted the apps and tried to delete advanced systemcare but when I tried...
  3. Minecraft Windows 10 unable to be uninstalled

Minecraft Windows 10 unable to be uninstalled: I've been having trouble uninstalling Minecraft Windows 10. I've tried uninstalling it from the search bar seeing as how that is where I usually launch it from but to no avail. I've also deleted the ".minecraft" folder off of my computer yet the icon still remains in the...
  4. Unable to uninstall Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to uninstall Windows 10 update: Following installation of the recent "Security Update for Microsoft Windows KB5000802" my boot time jumped from 10 seconds to 40 seconds.I tried uninstalling the update, however after doing so it was still present in the list of updates. Any further attempt to uninstall it...
  5. Uninstall Groove Music app

Uninstall Groove Music app: how do i remove it forever? ***Original title: i removed groove because it sucks and it keeps coming back.*** https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uninstall-groove-music-app/48fb3053-fadc-4c85-924c-90327dd410d2
  6. Uninstalling Groove

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Uninstalling Groove: I am trying to install Office Professional Plus 2010 on my laptop. When I run the install I get the following message: "Setup has detected legacy groove and Microsoft Groove Sever software on this system. You must uninstall all legacy Groove and Microsoft Groove Server...
  7. EASIEST WAY TO UNINSTALL GROOVE MUSIC?

in Windows 10 Customization
    EASIEST WAY TO UNINSTALL GROOVE MUSIC?: Hi I set my music to be played by windows media player, but it keeps being redirected to groove music player after i play it one time in widows media player. how can i either uninstall or disable Groove Music altogether? Thanks PS, Anyone know the Product Code for Groove...
  8. Uninstall not working on Groove Music

Uninstall not working on Groove Music: I just noticed Groove Music today and opened it. I then closed it and within minutes my husband was emailed a bill ! I am newly married and have no idea how Microsoft got that email ! Also do not use Groove and will never use it as I have always used for years my own...
  9. Unable to uninstall Spotify Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to uninstall Spotify Windows 10: Hello, I am having an issue uninstalling spotify from my computer. I have restarted my computer to see if that would help with no avail. I don't understand how you guys could have broken this when in windows 7, 8, and 8.1 it worked PERFECTLY. I shouldn't have to go...
  10. uninstall Groove music on Windows 10 Mobile

uninstall Groove music on Windows 10 Mobile: Hi, is there a way to uninstall Groove music on Windows 10 Mobile - I want to reinstall it because it crashes randomly while playing music. Thanks, 48075