Windows 10: Unable to uninstall HP Printer app

Discus and support Unable to uninstall HP Printer app in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I've tried to uninstall my HP Officejet Pro8620 printer software but failed as during the process, the following error message came up:- Call... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by WMY_2020, Feb 28, 2020.

1. WMY_2020 Win User

Unable to uninstall HP Printer app

Hi,

I've tried to uninstall my HP Officejet Pro8620 printer software but failed as during the process, the following error message came up:-

Call to DriverPackageInstall returned error5 for package 'C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\hpwia_oj8620.inf_amd64_d7308d34eee15b34\hpwia_oj8620.inf': A caller of DriverPackageInstall must be a member of Administrators Group to install a driver package.

I am the administrator of my laptop, as I am unable to uninstall the printer app, it will not allow me to modify or re-install, and now I am unable to connect to my printer.

Please advise. Thank you.

:)

WMY_2020, Feb 28, 2020

2. Unable to install HP printer

What is the difference between step 2 and step 3? I know how to "remove device" in the devices and printers section of control panel. But how do I find and uninstall the drivers? The HP Full Feature Software is not installed, though maybe some registry remnants are messing things up?

Thanks everyone! Unable to uninstall HP Printer app :)

garbanzhell, Feb 28, 2020
  3. Unable to print using HP 6000 printer

Hi Ole,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for posting your query.

Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this help in resolving the issue. Follow the below methods.

Method 1.

I would suggest you to run Printer troubleshooter to diagnose the exact issue and fix it.

• Type troubleshooting on the search bar and click on
      Troubleshooting.

• Click on Troubleshooting and click on print on
      printer Hardware and Sound.

• Click on Advanced on the Printer troubleshooter dialog box and click on Run as administrator (Enter the credentials if required).

• Click on Next and follow onscreen instruction complete the Printer troubleshooter.
    If the issue still persist, try the below provided information.

Method 2.

I suggest you to uninstall the printer driver and then reinstall the latest driver from the manufacturer website. Follow the steps:

Step 1.

• Press Windows key + R.

• Type devmgmt.msc in the box and hit
      Enter

• Go to Printer queues and uninstall the driver.
    Visit the below link and download the latest printer driver.

HP Officejet 6000 Wireless Printer - E609n Software and Driver Downloads | HP® Customer Support

If the printer driver is not available for Windows 10 you can try installing the printer driver is compatibility mode.

• Download the latest printer driver from the manufacturer’s website.

• Right-click on the setup file of the driver and select Properties.

• Select Compatibility tab.

• Check Run this program in Compatibility mode.

• Let the driver install and then check the functionality.
    Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, Feb 28, 2020
  4. helloha Win User

Windows Update KB4022725 breaks hp network printer driver

The following steps worked for me:

1. Remove HP printer via classic Control panel>Hardware and Sound>Right click on HP printer to remove it. OR Windows Settings> Devices>Printers and scanners>Click on HP printer in list and Remove device.

2. Remove HP Basic printer driver via classic Control panel> Uninstall a program (Remove e-Print via Windows Settings). OR Windows settings> Apps> HP driver uninstall and HP e-Print uninstall.

3. Open up the run command with the "Windows Key + R" key combo. Type printui.exe /s and click OK opens Print Server Properties.
    Click on Drivers tab. Under installed printer drivers look for HP e-Print click on it and click Remove at the bottom and then exit.

4. Open Windows Settings or classic Control Panel and add printer. If your printer is connected to your network via Wi-Fi or Ethernet windows will find it. Select your printer and windows will install the driver.
    Do not use printer driver from HP as this will re-install e-Print.

I hope this helps someone.
    PS HP sort your software out; many people are using Windows 10 and they don't need to struggle to get HP products to work!

helloha, Feb 28, 2020
Thema:

1. Unable to uninstall HP Printer app - Similar Threads - Unable uninstall Printer

2. Unable to uninstall App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to uninstall App: I am trying to remove thisgoogle play services third party app but it doesn't show me not enable uninstall option . If i click on Modify option it shows me error like thison second image . Please anyone replay with solution ....
  3. Unable to uninstall App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to uninstall App: I am trying to remove thisgoogle play services third party app but it doesn't show me not enable uninstall option . If i click on Modify option it shows me error like thison second image . Please anyone replay with solution ....
  4. Keep getting HP Printer driver updates for printer that was uninstalled

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keep getting HP Printer driver updates for printer that was uninstalled: HP printer driver updates reinstall on my desktop despite the HP Printer having been uninstalled long ago and it does not appear on the printer device list. I just recently was advised on how to stop the windows HP Printer updates, which worked, but now see in the update...
  5. Updates failing for uninstalled HP Printer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Updates failing for uninstalled HP Printer: I keep getting failed updates for a HP Printer that was uninstalled over a year ago. No programs/apps related to HP can be found on the apps or drive files- how do I stop these update attempts?...
  6. Unable to Use HP Printer

Unable to Use HP Printer: Prior to Windows 10 updates, I was able to use my HP DeskJet Pro 4100 Series printer. Now, I cannot and I am extremely frustrated. I have spent countless of weekends and some week days to get my HP printer back to the ability to use it. I am set up wireless, which the...
  7. Unable to uninstall an app.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to uninstall an app.: Install of a legacy program failed. Incompletely installed. It is present on the hard drive yet not on the App list and therefore not available to uninstall. How do I uninstall it?...
  8. Unable to uninstall KB4524147 Printer always offline HP Officejet 5320

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to uninstall KB4524147 Printer always offline HP Officejet 5320: Since KB452147 update my printer now says offline, works fine with my laptop (not updated), the uninstall option is not there for this update, option for certain other updates to uninstall are there so not a admin rights problem, can anyone help. I have tried uninstalling...
  9. UNINSTALLING HP Laserjet 1320 Printer

UNINSTALLING HP Laserjet 1320 Printer: I have an old printer (HP LaserJet 1320) installed in my windows 10 notebook. As the printer is not working fully as expected (i.e. the printer only prints only one copy of a document when it is asked to print several copies at a time), I was advised to uninstall the printer...
  10. Unable to install HP printer

Unable to install HP printer: Hello, I have an Acer 5741 with Windows 10. Back when I had Windows 7, I was able to use my HP Deskjet F4580 without problem. However, when I try to install the printer, it always fails. I have tried using the driver installer from HP website (which fails in one of the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hp driver a caller of driverpackage

2. call to driver package uninstall error 5 hp 4520 a caller of driverpackageinstall must be a member of the administrators

3. hp driverpackageinstall administrators group error 5

4. 8620 uninstall hp a caller of driverpackageinstall,
  5. a caller of driverpackageinstall must be,
  6. A caller of DriverPackageInstall must be a member of the Administrators Group,
  7. hp driver uninstall a caller of driverpackageinstall must be a member of the administrators group