Windows 10: Unable to uninstall keyboard

Discus and support Unable to uninstall keyboard in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I just added a new wireless keyboard to my computer. It is causing the computer to crash. I am trying to uninstall the driver for the previous... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jwblue, Dec 3, 2018.

1. jwblue Win User

Unable to uninstall keyboard

I just added a new wireless keyboard to my computer.

It is causing the computer to crash. I am trying to uninstall the driver for the previous wireless keyboard hoping that will solve the crashing issue.

Whenever I uninstall the keyboard and turn off the computer the keyboard reinstalls and appears in Device Manager.

:)

jwblue, Dec 3, 2018

2. How do you uninstall chipset drivers?

I'm installing a new mobo so I need to uninstall the intel 865g drivers to make way for the P35 drivers.

Can't find any uninstall options in add/remove programs and intel chipset inst listed in driver cleaner.

Any suggestions? *Confused Unable to uninstall keyboard :confused:

oli_ramsay, Dec 3, 2018
  3. keyboard is not working on Windows 10.

Hi Dorrie,

Thanks for keeping us posted on the above post.

Please reply:

• Did you try updating the keyboard driver?

• Are you not able to use the keyboard after logging in into the user profile?

• Did you check if similar issue persists on connecting another keyboard to the device?

• What is the exact issue you are facing?

Method 1: Update, uninstall and reinstall the keyboard drivers.

Step 1: If you haven’t tried, update the keyboard driver by referring to the above mentioned steps and check if the issue is resolved.

Step 2: If the issue persists, try uninstalling and reinstalling the keyboard driver and the software by following the steps below and check if the issue is resolved.

• Press Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Device manager from the context menu.

• Expand Keyboard, right click on the keyboard driver and select
      Uninstall from the context menu.

• Follow the on-screen instructions and wait for the device to get uninstalled.

• Restart the PC and check if the keyboard driver is reinstalled.

• Check if the changes are effective.

Method 2: If you are unable to use the keyboard after logging in into the user profile, I suggest you to use another keyboard and check if similar issue persists.

Write to us with the status of the issue and the answers to the above questions for further assistance.
    Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Dec 3, 2018
  4. Booms Win User

Uninstall Microsoft Keyboard And Mouse Centre (Missing)

I have started getting errors with the Microsoft Keyboard And Mouse Centre, tried to re-install it but can't because the software is already on my machine. If I try to run it though, nothing happens. When I try to uninstall it either via Control Panel>Programs & Features, or with IObit Uninstaller, the program is not listed.
    Tried a system restore, but that did not help either.
    Does anyone have any suggestions, please?
    Many thanks.

Booms, Dec 3, 2018
Thema:

1. Unable to uninstall keyboard - Similar Threads - Unable uninstall keyboard

2. Unable to uninstall.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to uninstall.: Recently I downloaded a service called "Advanced System Care", at first it was dodgy because it was downloading multiple apps onto my computer with the name ITOP that I didn't need. So instinctively I deleted the apps and tried to delete advanced systemcare but when I tried...
  3. Unable to uninstall.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to uninstall.: Recently I downloaded a service called "Advanced System Care", at first it was dodgy because it was downloading multiple apps onto my computer with the name ITOP that I didn't need. So instinctively I deleted the apps and tried to delete advanced systemcare but when I tried...
  4. Unable to uninstall various keyboards

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to uninstall various keyboards: Hi,I would like to be able to switch between azerty french et qwerty english keyboards using Alt + Maj shortcut, but there is a list of 4 different keyboards that appears and I have to choose between 4 keyboards instead of 2.I'm switching keyboards many times per day, and it...
  5. Unable to uninstall various keyboards

Unable to uninstall various keyboards: Hi,I would like to be able to switch between azerty french et qwerty english keyboards using Alt + Maj shortcut, but there is a list of 4 different keyboards that appears and I have to choose between 4 keyboards instead of 2.I'm switching keyboards many times per day, and it...
  6. Unable to Uninstall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Uninstall: Im on Windows 8, and whenever I try to uninstall/change something it always says "Another program Is currently being Uninstalled or changed". I have tried using other tips but none have worked....
  7. Unable to Uninstall

Unable to Uninstall: Im on Windows 8, and whenever I try to uninstall/change something it always says "Another program Is currently being Uninstalled or changed". I have tried using other tips but none have worked....
  8. Unable to uninstall a program

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to uninstall a program: Hey, does anybody know how to fix this error? I recently played through a game that required an anti-cheat program that's called "PunkBuster Services". Now that I'm done with it, I'm trying to uninstall the program, but Windows is not letting me; it tells me, and I quote,...
  9. Keyboard Uninstalling problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keyboard Uninstalling problem: Sir, when I disable built-in keyboard and restart my laptop but still keyboard is working.. How i can uninstall it permanently bcz i have to use another keyboard....
  10. Unable to uninstall an app.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to uninstall an app.: Install of a legacy program failed. Incompletely installed. It is present on the hard drive yet not on the App list and therefore not available to uninstall. How do I uninstall it?...