Windows 10: Unable to uninstall or reinstall msfs2020

Discus and support Unable to uninstall or reinstall msfs2020 in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I recently upgraded my system hardware from the motherboard out, retaining ssd's and hdd's. I had MSFS 2020 installed on an SSD separate from the SSD... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by MoLew63, Oct 9, 2020.

1. MoLew63 Win User

Unable to uninstall or reinstall msfs2020

I recently upgraded my system hardware from the motherboard out, retaining ssd's and hdd's. I had MSFS 2020 installed on an SSD separate from the SSD on which the OS Win10 Pro was installed. I used cloning software to clone the OS drive onto a new nvme drive, successfully. I purchased a new Win10 Pro license, and successfully activated it as required for the new motherboard.

All my other apps and programs operate as intended, including Office 365, various Adobe apps and other flight sim software Prepar3D, etc. When I started MSFS however, it initially showed that an update was required. The update failed. Subsequent retries and various other solutions posted here and elsewhere concerning how to fix the MS Store and/or MSFS2020 have failed.

Attempting direct file removal has also failed since the folder that is created for MSFS is inaccessible even for the system administrator. I've taken ownership of that folder and still cannot rename or remove the files.

All I want is a clean removal and reinstall action of MSFS2020. I've paid for the high end version of that flight sim, I expect to be able to use it.

Suggestions?

:)

MoLew63, Oct 9, 2020

2. How To: Reinstall Video Drivers (Quick Guide)

No sir , do all 4 steps then reboot, then reinstall!

sneekypeet, Oct 9, 2020
  3. Sher Amo Win User
    uninstall/reinstall

Hi Patricia,

There are several reasons why your game can't be uninstall. It's either the programs are not properly installed, or there are missing and corrupted files on your operating system. To help us determine the appropriate troubleshooting steps to resolve your
    concern, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• What is the name of the game that you want to uninstall then reinstall?
    • How did you install this game?
    We look forward to your response.

Sher Amo, Oct 9, 2020
  4. Unable to uninstall or reinstall msfs2020

How do you uninstall chipset drivers?

I'm installing a new mobo so I need to uninstall the intel 865g drivers to make way for the P35 drivers.

Can't find any uninstall options in add/remove programs and intel chipset inst listed in driver cleaner.

Any suggestions? *Confused Unable to uninstall or reinstall msfs2020 :confused:

oli_ramsay, Oct 9, 2020
Thema:

Unable to uninstall or reinstall msfs2020

1. Unable to uninstall or reinstall msfs2020 - Similar Threads - Unable uninstall reinstall

2. Unable to reinstall Bluetooth after uninstalling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to reinstall Bluetooth after uninstalling: This is my first time making a post and it is my last-ditch effort to try and resolve the issue on my own instead of having to bring my entire PC to a repair shop. So what happened is this: I have not used Bluetooth on my PC for quite a long time, and my PC is a custom one I...
  3. Unable to reinstall Bluetooth after uninstalling

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to reinstall Bluetooth after uninstalling: This is my first time making a post and it is my last-ditch effort to try and resolve the issue on my own instead of having to bring my entire PC to a repair shop. So what happened is this: I have not used Bluetooth on my PC for quite a long time, and my PC is a custom one I...
  4. Unable to reinstall Bluetooth after uninstalling

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Accidentally Uninstalled Microsoft store and unable to reinstall it

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Accidentally Uninstalled Microsoft store and unable to reinstall it: I was having trouble installing the xbox app the error code it gives is 0xC002001B, but thats a different story. One of the suggested solutions was to reset it via settings, apps, and I tried that and something went wrong, I thought it had finished but maybe not? Regardless,...
  6. Accidentally Uninstalled Microsoft store and unable to reinstall it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidentally Uninstalled Microsoft store and unable to reinstall it: I was having trouble installing the xbox app the error code it gives is 0xC002001B, but thats a different story. One of the suggested solutions was to reset it via settings, apps, and I tried that and something went wrong, I thought it had finished but maybe not? Regardless,...
  7. Accidentally Uninstalled Microsoft store and unable to reinstall it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Unable to activate or uninstall/reinstall IE 11

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to activate or uninstall/reinstall IE 11: Before anyone tells me I should be using Edge, it is not for my own use. Quickbooks Pro 2021 and previous versions require Internet Explorer to work. Don't ask me why, don't ask me to go back to them and ask. It just is. And I am not buying their monthly subscription service...
  9. Onedrive not syncing, unable to uninstall to reinstall,

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Onedrive not syncing, unable to uninstall to reinstall,: Hello Team, I have been looking through the community and cannot find a resolution. My one drive stopped syncing then the icon was gone altogether. I have onedrive version 20.124.0621.0006. Now when I try the "exe" an error comes up "windows cannot find the exe". The exe...
  10. Unable to reinstall Sea of Thieves after uninstalling

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to reinstall Sea of Thieves after uninstalling: Hi guys, I have a problem. Sea of Thieves started crashing on me, so after going through the usual routine updating Windows & my graphics drivers, resetting Microsoft Store, uninstalling and reinstalling the store, etc. with no success, I finally uninstalled it, thinking...