Windows 10: Unable to uninstall problem Windows 10 update

Discus and support Unable to uninstall problem Windows 10 update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I'm having problems after KB4462918 was automatically installed. I uninstalled the update, restarted and the problems went, but after a second... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MatthewHousehouse, Oct 9, 2018.

1. Unable to uninstall problem Windows 10 update

Hi, I'm having problems after KB4462918 was automatically installed.

I uninstalled the update, restarted and the problems went, but after a second restart the update quietly installed itself again and the problems have returned. How do I keep the update from returning? After every update there is at least one issue, a number of settings have been changed again, and others I now have no control over as they are greyed out. I have only just bought Windows 10 Pro 4 days ago and I'm regretting it. Unable to uninstall problem Windows 10 update :( I've never had a GUI operating system make me work so hard.

Any help appreciated!

:)

MatthewHousehouse, Oct 9, 2018
  2. chispy Win User

Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

Thank you for trying to help , i did tried your suggestion but it did not work :/ , nothing seems to make it work on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709. In the meantime i have bought a new SoundBlasterX AE-5 and it did installed flawlessly , no problems whatsoever. it is up to Creative ( drivers ) and Microsoft ( bug fix ) to fix this huge bugs with Audio.

Kind Regards: Chispy

chispy, Oct 9, 2018
  3. Unable to uninstall windows update

Oops..!! this particular tool (wushowhide) wasn't able to detect updates to be hid because I had the Windows Update service disable.

But even after enabling the service, the tool was able to detect the updates that we can hide but they are not the ones which were recently applied in my system and I want to hide them. Instead, it displays the driver related updates which I don't want to hide.
    I have attached screenshots of both the wushowhide and the Uninstall Windows update page.

Unable to uninstall problem Windows 10 update [​IMG]

Unable to uninstall problem Windows 10 update [​IMG]

sunny10rocz, Oct 9, 2018
  4. Nordic Win User

Unable to uninstall problem Windows 10 update

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Oct 9, 2018
Thema:

Unable to uninstall problem Windows 10 update

1. Unable to uninstall problem Windows 10 update - Similar Threads - Unable uninstall problem

2. Unable to Uninstall Windows Update KB5006670. How to uninstall ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Uninstall Windows Update KB5006670. How to uninstall ?: After the KB5006670 , computers on the network had printing problems. However after uninstalling KB5006670 update on other PC's, printing worked fine. However I am unable to uninstall the update on my Win 10 Education Laptop. Via control panel, uninstall option is not shown....
  3. Unable to Uninstall Windows Update KB5006670. How to uninstall ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to Uninstall Windows Update KB5006670. How to uninstall ?: After the KB5006670 , computers on the network had printing problems. However after uninstalling KB5006670 update on other PC's, printing worked fine. However I am unable to uninstall the update on my Win 10 Education Laptop. Via control panel, uninstall option is not shown....
  4. Unable to Uninstall Windows Update KB5006670. How to uninstall ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Unable to uninstall Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to uninstall Windows 10 update: Following installation of the recent "Security Update for Microsoft Windows KB5000802" my boot time jumped from 10 seconds to 40 seconds.I tried uninstalling the update, however after doing so it was still present in the list of updates. Any further attempt to uninstall it...
  6. Unable to update or uninstall Driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to update or uninstall Driver: When ever I Update my keyboard driver its show successfully done.. But After restarting my pc its remain same as a old version it doesn't Update my driver. Even if try to uninstall the driver it show "successfully uninstalled " but after restarting my computer it doesn't...
  7. Unable to uninstall a Windows Update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unable to uninstall a Windows Update: Hi all. Windows Update KB4515384 is causing me issues and I need to uninstall it, I've managed to uninstall every update that superceded it and it's the only update I have left to get rid of. When I try to uninstall it I get the error "An error has occurred. Not all of the...
  8. Problems Uninstalling, Updating and Running Programs in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems Uninstalling, Updating and Running Programs in Windows 10: When the last major windows 10 update came out I updated like normal. I then went to play my cracked copy of Age of Empires 2 the Conquerors and I kept getting the error " Could not initialize graphics system. Make sure that your video card and driver are compatible with...
  9. Problems Uninstalling, Updating and Running Programs in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems Uninstalling, Updating and Running Programs in Windows 10: When the last major windows 10 update came out I updated like normal. I then went to play my cracked copy of Age of Empires 2 the Conquerors and I kept getting the error " Could not initialize graphics system. Make sure that your video card and driver are compatible with...
  10. Unable to uninstall windows update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to uninstall windows update: Hello Experts, I am trying to uninstall Windows Update which was done recently in order to fix an issue but when I uninstall it and reboot my system it always gets installed back again. I also disabled the automatic update and deferred it also, I even disconnected my PC...