Windows 10: Unable to uninstall roboto font

Discus and support Unable to uninstall roboto font in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have this issue whereby my youtube videos are all bolded and when I check online how to reset the youtube video font back to normal, they ask me to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Zuight, Jun 9, 2021.

1. Zuight Win User

Unable to uninstall roboto font

I have this issue whereby my youtube videos are all bolded and when I check online how to reset the youtube video font back to normal, they ask me to uninstall the Roboto Bold font. Unfortunately, Each time I try to uninstall the font, they keep telling me that It is in used and that I cannot uninstall the font. I tried looking up my registry editor to uninstall it, but I can't find the Roboto font family when using my registry editor. Please help

:)

Zuight, Jun 9, 2021

2. How to uninstall a COMPLETE set of fonts using the new "Settings/Fonts" control panel

Thanks for the quick and comprehensive reply. Unfortunately, you failed to answer my question.

I already know how to uninstall fonts on-at-a-time (you outlined the steps above... and that's what I was already aware of). I want to know if there is a method to
    uninstall a group of fonts all at once (called a complete font family or font set). Think of it as if I wanted to select several fonts and then click "uninstall", thus removing them all at once.

Please know that I am not angry... I am only attempting to state the situation clearly. Font management is crucial to the modern user (designer or not). Computers should make menial tasks easier, not harder.

So let me start again with a better explanation. As a test, I would suggest that you (or some of your team members) simply install a set of fonts. Let's use the Google font set "Roboto" for this test. It is free to download and install, and they are NOT
    system fonts, so no worries there (I will assume that you don't need instructions on how to download Google fonts, but let me know if that's required). You will notice that the Roboto Font Family contains 12 fonts, listed as such:

thin 100

thin 100 Italic

light 300

light 300 Italic

regular 400

regular 400 Italic

medium 500

medium 500 Italic

bold 700

bold 700 Italic

black 900

black 900 Italic

You will notice that you have probably just selected all twelve font files and "Right-clicked" to select "Install", which
    installs all 12 fonts with a single mouse action. Quick and easy, right?

Now, check to see that the fonts are installed and working within your system. Try using the font in PPT or WORD if you need to confirm this.

Lastly, I want you to go back into FONT SETTINGS and remove the whole font family all at once. Can this be done with a single mouse-click action after selecting the set of fonts (ie: "uninstall fonts?"). Note that I have used the plural "fonts",
    meaning more than one.

If you can do this, please show me the steps required.

If you are unable to do this, and do not know how to do this within Windows 10, please acknowledge that this feature is missing and that the MS team will be working on a patch to fix this soon.

Regarding you comment that some fonts are possibly "hidden":

Can you tell me how to "unhide them"? I see no button or menu within "Settings\Fonts" or "C:\Windows\fonts" that lets me choose to "Show hidden files".

Thanks again. Hoping to help.

Tom

Thomas Magee, Jun 9, 2021
  3. Cannot fully uninstall font

I want to try an alpha release of the Roboto Slab font to troubleshoot an issue in LibreOffice. No matter what I do I always get a prompt like this for every *.ttf file:

Since I'm already having issues I want to ensure the old files from any Roboto-like font are totally gone from my system and I can't figure out how to make that happen:

1. I originally installed the fonts with SkyFonts so I removed it using the app and then uninstalled the app itself.
    2. nexusfont still displayed Roboto so I removed it from that app.
    3. The font was still showing up at C:\Windows\Fonts so I removed it using Windows explorer.
    4. Then I realised that I still had Roboto*.ttf files at C:\Windows\Fonts that were not visible from explorer so I removed them from an elevated command-prompt; I double-checked with both PowerShell and cmd.

Meanwhile, I've restarted the computer several times.

The font does not seem to be available any more (LibreOffice documents display some fallback font) but, when I want to install the alpha, I still get the font is already installed dialogue.

How can I ensure a given font family is complete removed from my system to all effects?

Álvaro González, Jun 9, 2021
  4. Unable to uninstall roboto font

Roboto fonts

Hi there Experts. I've been having issues on files that windows keeps on injecting on my computer, my repair drive to be exact. Roboto fonts keep on appearing without me knowing how it came up there. It messes my boot drive up so much that i couldn't fix
    it anymore and I'd have to redo everything over and over again. Could anyone help me out with this if someone is encountering this please? Thanks in advance,

experts!
    Unable to uninstall roboto font bd7700aa-af92-4387-83e0-dc1dcb16711d?upload=true.png

RaphaelPizarro, Jun 9, 2021
Thema:

Unable to uninstall roboto font

1. Unable to uninstall roboto font - Similar Threads - Unable uninstall roboto

2. Uninstalling a software will also uninstall its fonts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Uninstalling a software will also uninstall its fonts: If I uninstall a software does that also uninstall its related fonts or only software will be uninstalled?Any help will be appreciated.Thank you...
  3. Uninstalling a software will also uninstall its fonts

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Uninstalling a software will also uninstall its fonts: If I uninstall a software does that also uninstall its related fonts or only software will be uninstalled?Any help will be appreciated.Thank you...
  4. Font will not uninstall

in Windows 10 Customization
    Font will not uninstall: I have a font that seems to be "stuck" in my system. I've uninstalled the font family Open Sans but two of them still remain. They do not show up in the Control Panel font section, but they do show up as an option to use in apps. They seem to display correctly, at least...
  5. Uninstalling a font that can't be uninstalled

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Uninstalling a font that can't be uninstalled: [ATTACH] Hello, I've got a font that I can't seem to be able to delete. It appears in Settings > Fonts, but there is no uninstall button next to it. And it doesn't appear in C:/Windows/Fonts and neither in the registry list, it's like the font doesn't exist, but yet it's...
  6. Unable to uninstall font

Unable to uninstall font: I installed a font HelveticaNeue-BlackItalic.otf the other day, and recently noticed that text on multiple websites had been replaced by this font. I tried to uninstall it through both windows settings and the control panel, but I recieved an error message that said the...
  7. Roboto fonts

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Roboto fonts: Hi there Experts. I've been having issues on files that windows keeps on injecting on my computer, my repair drive to be exact. Roboto fonts keep on appearing without me knowing how it came up there. It messes my boot drive up so much that i couldn't fix it anymore and I'd...
  8. Uninstalling a font.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Uninstalling a font.: I'm trying to uninstall a font that I downloaded that is not rendering correctly. it says it is 'in use' or 'open in System'. I have tried various methods including the Registry Editor - the font is not there. Please help....
  9. Help uninstalling fonts

Help uninstalling fonts: Hello, I want to uninstall some custom fonts but I can't because they are "in use." I have tried 1) the unticking the details pane "trick" (doesn't work) 2) looking for the fonts in regedit (very few fonts beyond the default are listed there...might this be part of the...
  10. Fonts Will Not Uninstall

in Windows 10 Support
    Fonts Will Not Uninstall: Adobe Photoshop is so slow that it is unusable and i am 90% sure it is because i have a lot of fonts. So i deleted them from my windows font folder. But they refuse to go away. the fonts still appear and are still usable in gIMP and Photoshop. So deleted every single...