Windows 10: Unable to uninstall Sea Of Thieves, "You require permission from SYSTEM to make changes to...

Discus and support Unable to uninstall Sea Of Thieves, "You require permission from SYSTEM to make changes to... in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; I previously had the Xbox game pass for windows 10, and in doing so I downloaded Sea Of Thieves. I now no longer have an Xbox game pass, and I am now... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by I'm CeedaySmith, Dec 5, 2020.

1. Unable to uninstall Sea Of Thieves, "You require permission from SYSTEM to make changes to...

I previously had the Xbox game pass for windows 10, and in doing so I downloaded Sea Of Thieves. I now no longer have an Xbox game pass, and I am now unable to uninstall this game. It is taking up 52gb from my SSD and I was wondering how I can get rid of it.

:)

I'm CeedaySmith, Dec 5, 2020
  2. Zaki_j Win User

Unable to launch sea of thieves

Hi,

I understand that you are facing issues launching sea of thieves on the PC.
    We appreciate your efforts in troubleshooting the issue and providing us the detailed information about the issue.

• Do you receive any error message or code?
    • Are you aware of any changes made to the computer recently?

Meanwhile, you may want to follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the article and check if it resolves the issue. Refer to the article
    Sea of Thieves is not Launching.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Zaki

Zaki_j, Dec 5, 2020
  3. sea of thieves

Today I downloaded sea of thieves on my windows 10. I opened sea of thieves and it suddenly closed the game after a split second, I tried multiple times but got nothing, any suggestions?

FatFishTank, Dec 5, 2020
  4. Mala_S Win User

Unable to uninstall Sea Of Thieves, "You require permission from SYSTEM to make changes to...

Unable to download Sea of Thieves from Store

Hi,

Thank you for the reply.

Kindly follow the below steps.

Step 1: Launch Microsoft Store and click on the Account icon on the top right corner of Microsoft Store.

Step 2: Enter the email address that you used during the purchase of Sea Of Thieves game. (The email address that you have received as purchase verification mail for Sea Of Thieves).

Step 3: Once you have logged into Microsoft Store, search for Sea Of Thieves game by clicking on the Search bar on the top right corner of Microsoft Store.

Step 4: Select the Sea Of Thieves game, download and install.

Regards,

Mala.S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Dec 5, 2020
Thema:

Unable to uninstall Sea Of Thieves, "You require permission from SYSTEM to make changes to...

1. Unable to uninstall Sea Of Thieves, "You require permission from SYSTEM to make changes to... - Similar Threads - Unable uninstall Sea

2. You require permission from SYSTEM to make changes error

in Windows 10 News
    You require permission from SYSTEM to make changes error: [IMG]The error message You require permission from SYSTEM to make changes is an issue Windows users face when trying to modify system files or settings that are protected by the Windows operating system. This message indicates that the user does not have the necessary...
  3. Cannot uninstall Sea of Thieves

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot uninstall Sea of Thieves: Hey there. I am 2 days into this issue and I am losing my mind. I own a PC with windows 10, and the prior owner installed Sea of Thieves through the xbox/microsoft store. It is currently sitting in my WindowsApps folder, taking up over 50 gigs of space, and I cannot get rid...
  4. you require permissions from TrustedInstaller to make changes to this

in Windows 10 Support
    you require permissions from TrustedInstaller to make changes to this: I have recently formatted my system. I had copied the items of C:\Windows\WinSxS from my previous install in a USB drive and then formatted the laptop. Then re installed windows and copied the contents of USB drive back to C:\Windows\WinSxS however I notice the boot time has...
  5. You Require Permission From System to Make Changes to this Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    You Require Permission From System to Make Changes to this Folder: Hello, this is simply an update to a thread I had opened in July 7 2020, which unfortunately didn't get any solution from Microsoft/Windows thank you, the only participant provided a very long complicated solution that in the end didn't solve the problem, and concluded with...
  6. You Require Permission From System to Make Changes to this Folder

You Require Permission From System to Make Changes to this Folder: Hello, I'm trying to clean up one of my hard disk from files and software that I do not use anymore, for some reason I can't delete a bunch of folders included an XML document because I require permission from System, which left me with a big **** considering that I'm the...
  7. You require permission from SYSTEM to make changes to this folder.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    You require permission from SYSTEM to make changes to this folder.: Hey all. I'm trying to delete a file and getting the above error message. I've run into different versions of this problem for 10 years on many of my PC's and it's super irritating that a decade later I still don't have a permanent solution. For this particular folder/error...
  8. Unable to reinstall Sea of Thieves after uninstalling

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to reinstall Sea of Thieves after uninstalling: Hi guys, I have a problem. Sea of Thieves started crashing on me, so after going through the usual routine updating Windows & my graphics drivers, resetting Microsoft Store, uninstalling and reinstalling the store, etc. with no success, I finally uninstalled it, thinking...
  9. You required permission from SYSTEM to make changes while trying to uninstall a game folder

You required permission from SYSTEM to make changes while trying to uninstall a game folder: I'm having problems with uninstalling the game Wolfenstein II New collosus, I can't uninstall it from apps & functions due to it not showing up there. I tried delete it manually but i lack permissions from SYSTEM to delete it, even though i'm on administrator account. I tried...
  10. You require permission from SYSTEM to make changes to this file

You require permission from SYSTEM to make changes to this file: I had installed PTC creo 4.0 student version on my laptop, but it didn't opened even after successful installation. I uninstalled the software but some files couldn't be deleted which was located in C:\Program Files (x86)\PTC\Mathcad PDSi\Resource\CMap. These files were...