Windows 10: Unable to uninstall the Windows Server 2012 Essentials Connector from a Win10Pro PC

Discus and support Unable to uninstall the Windows Server 2012 Essentials Connector from a Win10Pro PC in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Having run Windows Home Server, then Windows Server 2012 Essentials on an HP MediaSmart Server, I'm in the midst of a switch to a new HPE ProLiant... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BillWagoner1, May 29, 2019.

1. Unable to uninstall the Windows Server 2012 Essentials Connector from a Win10Pro PC

Having run Windows Home Server, then Windows Server 2012 Essentials on an HP MediaSmart Server, I'm in the midst of a switch to a new HPE ProLiant MicroServer Gen10 running Windows Server 2016 Essentials.

I'm partway through the process of bringing in the new server to the existing domain, and have gotten to the part where I'm supposed to uninstall the Windows Server 2012 Essentials Connector from my various Windows 10 Pro boxes. This is failing on my first box. The Uninstall option starts to run after confirming I really want to do that, then just goes away. I have found nothing in the Event Viewer, or in any log file indicating what the problem is.

Looking for any assistance.

:)

BillWagoner1, May 29, 2019
  2. Robag Win User

Windows 10 PRO and Windows Server Essentials 2012 Client Connector

In my case I upgraded with the Windows Essentials 2012 Connector installed. Since it was previously installed, all the entries were there and the ones I have all start with
    Windows Server ..., so if you haven't installed the connector yet, then you need to do that and then hopefully it all works. (There about 8 entries that start with
    Windows Server listed under the services on my computers.) I am also NOT using Windows Server Essentials 2012 R2, so there may be something different going on.

Robag, May 29, 2019
  3. Windows Server 2012 R2 Essentials Connector Update won't install on Windows 10

I tried to install the update Windows10.0-KB2790621-x64.msu for connecting the windows 10 pro x64 client

to the windows server 2012 R2 essentials server, but the msu package always fails on the client.

any idea how to solve that or manually install the connector software ?

i already tried to copy the files "system32\essentials" from a working client to the client with the installation problems

but the deploy.exe wont work. do i have to register all the dlls ?

ITEvolution, May 29, 2019
  4. 1 BigGuy Win User

Unable to uninstall the Windows Server 2012 Essentials Connector from a Win10Pro PC

My Connector error logs --

There is a NASTY bug unfortunately in the WIN10 Anniversary Upgrade that has broken the WHS 2011 server connector software on the WIN10 client. Once uninstalled, you can not even do a reinstall of the server connector on a WIN10 client.

See https://social.microsoft.com/Forums/...&prof=required

WHS2011 is not the only victim, see “Windows 10 Feature Upgrade breaks client server connector for Window Server 2012 R2 Essentials, Windows Server 2012 Essentials and Windows Small Business Server 2011 Essentials” at https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/...11-essentials/

1 BigGuy, May 29, 2019
Thema:

Unable to uninstall the Windows Server 2012 Essentials Connector from a Win10Pro PC

1. Unable to uninstall the Windows Server 2012 Essentials Connector from a Win10Pro PC - Similar Threads - Unable uninstall Server

2. In Place Upgrade of Server 2012 Essentials to 2016 Essentials - Keeps Files & Apps Option...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In Place Upgrade of Server 2012 Essentials to 2016 Essentials - Keeps Files & Apps Option...: I'm trying to do an in place upgrade of a server running Server 2012 R2 Essentials to Server 2016 Essentials as a temporary patch until a new server is installed in January. However, when I get to the selection as to keep everything or not The option to keep existing files...
  3. In Place Upgrade of Server 2012 Essentials to 2016 Essentials - Keeps Files & Apps Option...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    In Place Upgrade of Server 2012 Essentials to 2016 Essentials - Keeps Files & Apps Option...: I'm trying to do an in place upgrade of a server running Server 2012 R2 Essentials to Server 2016 Essentials as a temporary patch until a new server is installed in January. However, when I get to the selection as to keep everything or not The option to keep existing files...
  4. Windows home server connector

Windows home server connector: Hi there can anyone there can tell me how the windows home server v1 connetor program worksThank youMathew https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-home-server-connector/a1aa4f18-332e-40d2-918f-d848fa66a78a
  5. Replacement media or downloadable ISO for Server 2012 Essentials

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Replacement media or downloadable ISO for Server 2012 Essentials: I wanted to get the install media for Server 2012 Essentials in case my customer can't come up with it in an emergency. It came pre-installed on a Dell PowerEdge server. On this download page, I see Server 2012 R2 Essentials, but NOT the non-R2...
  6. Replacement media or downloadable ISO for Server 2012 Essentials

Replacement media or downloadable ISO for Server 2012 Essentials: I wanted to get the install media for Server 2012 Essentials in case my customer can't come up with it in an emergency. It came pre-installed on a Dell PowerEdge server. On this download page, I see Server 2012 R2 Essentials, but NOT the non-R2...
  7. Problem connecting new computer with Windows 10 to Server Essentials 2012

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem connecting new computer with Windows 10 to Server Essentials 2012: Hello, Been trying to connect my new computer but no luck. Found some links online to handle this, but 404 "not found" message pops up. How can I connect to the server? Only options when I type in "http://{server name}/connect"are options for Windows 7 or 8. Any help would...
  8. Installation of Windows Essentials 2012

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installation of Windows Essentials 2012: Why can I not fully install wndows essentials 2012 in my windows 10 laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installation-of-windows-essentials-2012/ed8e6dd6-57bf-4d6d-9628-531e4b443af0
  9. Issues with reinstall on Windows Essential 2012

Issues with reinstall on Windows Essential 2012: Got Win10 on laptop [only 3 yrs old] thru Microsoft free download period, which recently started with sluggish performance, much freezing in programs, esp on Windows Movie Maker. Performed Defrag, all virus & malware scans [have none], and have plenty of memory & RAM left....
  10. Windows Essentials 2012

Windows Essentials 2012: Is it safe to install Windows Essentials 2012 on a Windows 10 Surface Pro 3? Photo Gallery is what I am really after because it has a photo resize function where W10 Photo app does not. 40243

Users found this page by searching for:

1. uninstall windows server essentials 2016 connector

2. manual uninstall windows server 2012 r2 connector

3. authentication problems in server essentials connector

4. uninstall essentials connector from windows 10,
  5. how to unistall KB2790621,
  6. windows server connector uninstall,
  7. cant uninstall windows server essentials connector,
  8. remove windows server essentials connector