Windows 10: unable to unistall or install my discord application

Discus and support unable to unistall or install my discord application in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Today my discord app suddenly stopped working, i was unable to open the app despite it running no matter what. I tried uninstalling the app only to be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by TravisSantiago, Nov 2, 2020.

1. unable to unistall or install my discord application

Today my discord app suddenly stopped working, i was unable to open the app despite it running no matter what. I tried uninstalling the app only to be told it cannot be found and received an error when trying to install it. Have no idea what to do

:)

TravisSantiago, Nov 2, 2020
  2. Peer_Sam Win User

Can't Unistall the Discord App

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Some programs can be uninstalled with their own built in uninstallers and Windows Add/remove programs feature as well. Both uninstallers can uninstall the main executable files of the program, but do not remove the other components (files and
    data) of the application.

Click on Start button (Windows logo) and, look for the application folder name in the list of apps.

Expand it and follow its uninstaller to remove the program.

You can also go to the folder where the application is installed and run the uninstaller.

Go to C:\Users\your username\AppData\local\Discord\uninstall.

If it does not work, follow the instructions in the link below to remove the app.

Fix problems that block programs from being installed or removed

To delete the application data, open the Run dialog box by pressing the Windows key and the R key together.

Type %AppData% and hit the enter key.

Locate the folder Discord and delete it.

Open the Run dialog box again and type %LocalAppData%.

Locate the folder Discord and delete it.

Hope it helps.

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Nov 2, 2020
  3. Louie_101 Win User
    discord on PC slow?

Hi there! I am Louie, a Microsoft Community member and a fellow Windows 10 user like you. Hope you're doing well and safe there.

You may try some solutions below that might help fix the problem:

Solution 1: Close Unnecessary Programs

It’s common to see Discord lagging if you’re running multiple programs on your PC, because some of them may conflict with Discord. To solve the problem, you can try ending unnecessary programs.

You just need to press Shift + Ctrl + Esc to open Task Manager. Then right-click the program you don’t use currently and select End task to close it. After you close all the unnecessary applications which run with Discord at the same time, you can check if
    your Discord works fine.

Solution 2: Turn Off Hardware Acceleration

Another way to fix Discord lagging issue is turning off Hardware Acceleration. You can follow the steps below.

Step 1: Run Discord and go to Settings.

Step 2: Click Appearance from the left pane and toggle off the switch button of Hardware Acceleration.

Step 3: In the pop-up window, click Okay to confirm the operation. Then restart your Discord to see if Discord lagging issue is fixed.

Solution 3: Clear Discord Cache Files

If too many cache files and cookies are accumulated on the PC, Discord lagging issue might appear. In this case, you need to clear Discord cache files.

Step 1: Exit Discord.

Step 2: Press Win + R to invoke Run window. Then input %APPDATA%/Discord/Cache and click OK to open the cache folder in File Explorer.

Step 3: Now press Ctrl + A to select all files in the window. Then press Delete key to delete them.

Then you can relaunch Discord and check if the problem has been solved.

Solution 4: Reset Discord Voice Settings

Improper voice settings could also lead to Discord lagging issue. If you have changed any settings recently, you may need to reset them to default.

Just open Discord and go to Settings. Then select Voice & Video from the left pane and click Reset Voice Settings in the right pane. Click Okay in the pop-up window. After the operation, you can relaunch Discord and see if it works normally.

Solution 5: Update Your Drivers

If your Discord gets lagging, you can also try update your graphics driver or audio driver to fix the problem. Because the issue might appear when you’re using faulty or corrupted drivers.

Step 1: Open Run window and type devmgmt.msc in the dialog box. Then press Enter to access Device Manager.

Step 2: Double-click Audio inputs and outputs to expand the list. Then right-click your audio driver and select Update driver.

Tip: To update graphics driver, you need to double-click Display adapters, right-click your graphic driver and choose Update driver.

Step 3: In the pop-up window, choose Search automatically for updated driver software and follow the instructions to finish the process.

Then restart your computer and use Discord again to see if this solution works.

Solution 6: Reinstall Discord

If none of the solutions above works for you, you may need to reinstall Discord to fix Discord lagging issue. Let’s uninstall the program first.

Step 1: Go to Control Panel.

Step 2: Select View by: Category and then click Uninstall a program.

Step 3: Right-click Discord and select Uninstall.

Step 4: Follow the instructions to finish uninstalling Discord.

Then you can download and install Discord manually. After it is installed, launch it to see if the issue has been removed.

Hope this helps

Sincerely,

Louie

Louie_101, Nov 2, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

unable to unistall or install my discord application

discord

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues in downloading Discord app on your computer. I’ll certainly assist you with the issue.

However, please let us know:

• What is the complete error message that you receive when you try to install Discord?

If you are using an anti-virus, I would suggest you to disable it temporarily and check.

Note: If you disable the security software or firewall, the system might be temporarily exposed to security threats and risks. Please make sure to turn it on after performing the steps.

If disabling the anti-virus doesn’t help, we can perform a Clean Boot on the computer.

Performing a clean boot will start the computer with minimal set of drivers and programs, to determine whether a background program is causing the issue. Some of the Startup programs will not load after performing a clean boot on the computer.
    However, that functionality will return when you reset the computer to start normally after finishing the troubleshooting.

To perform a clean boot on the computer refer to the article How to perform a
    clean boot in Windows

If performing a clean boot fixes the issue then, please refer to the section
    How to determine what is causing the problem after you do a clean boot
    to check which program is causing the issue.

Note: Please refer the section Reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting
    to boot the computer in to normal mode after troubleshooting.

If Clean Boot doesn’t work, we can create a new user account and check.
    Refer the article Create
    a local user or administrator account in Windows 10

You can also try removing the left over files of Discord by following the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Window logo key + R to open Run window.
    2. Type %appdata% and press
      Enter
    3. From the path that will open delete the %AppData%/Discord and %LocalAppData%/Discord folders.
    4. Restart your computer in the end.

Let us know the results, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Nov 2, 2020
Thema:

unable to unistall or install my discord application

1. unable to unistall or install my discord application - Similar Threads - unable unistall install

2. Unable to install applications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to install applications: Hi AllOver the last few days, I have been unable to install/update software. All installers, whether run automatically or manually, just hang and don't progress along the status bars at all.I have tried the install and uninstall troubleshooterI have tried setting msiexec to...
  3. Unable to install applications

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to install applications: Hi AllOver the last few days, I have been unable to install/update software. All installers, whether run automatically or manually, just hang and don't progress along the status bars at all.I have tried the install and uninstall troubleshooterI have tried setting msiexec to...
  4. I am unable to unistall the application named "Knowbe 4"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I am unable to unistall the application named "Knowbe 4": I am getting error messages when trying to uninstall the applications "Knowbe4 Ransomeware Simulator" https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-unable-to-unistall-the-application-named/84c36ed3-649a-4709-b14d-a6442cbabe4f
  5. Unable to install application

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to install application: I went to go to install an application on Microsoft Store and it says there's no device to install it to but when I go to Devices the laptop I'm trying to install it on appears. Any help? No the image isn't cut off, I chose to make it that way...
  6. Unable to install Discord or Epic Games Launcher

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to install Discord or Epic Games Launcher: I am unable to run many installers and cannot have a lot of programs on my computer. This is getting rather annoying as I have had this problem for over 2 months. I have tried to install discord many times but it will not install. I have tried clearing appdata\local and...
  7. McAfee unable to unistall

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    McAfee unable to unistall: Hello, Something that is really frustrating me is that I cannot delete McAfee from my computer. When I try to uninstall it says to refresh the web page, wich doesnt make sence. Then, I decided to open the McAfee folder and delete the files by myself, it said I needed...
  8. I can't delete Discord folder to unistall it

I can't delete Discord folder to unistall it: I don't know if this is the best place to ask but... I've had a problem were I open Discord and it stays on a grey screen, stuck there. I tried uninstalling the folder in AppData but everytime I try, a window pops up and says I can't delete the folder because it's damaged...
  9. Unable to unistall Eset security

Unable to unistall Eset security: I had some issues with Eset security software, so I decided to reinstall it. The problem occured when I tried to unistall it. I followed steps as per instructions from Eset. I downloaded their uninstall tool, restarted to safe mode and I tried to run it. But it failed....
  10. Can't Unistall the Discord App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Unistall the Discord App: I'm trying to uninstall the "Discord" app from my laptop, currently equipped with Windows 10, and no matter what I try it still seems to be there. Something as simple as uninstalling an app shouldn't take so long or require so much effort and research yet here I am. I can...