Windows 10: Unable to unlock HDD D 1 TB with encryption

Discus and support Unable to unlock HDD D 1 TB with encryption in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I am unable to unlock my drive D which is 1TB and has my important information on it. I get the following error message :"The bit locker encryption on... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by briansalih, Nov 26, 2018.

1. Unable to unlock HDD D 1 TB with encryption

I am unable to unlock my drive D which is 1TB and has my important information on it. I get the following error message :"The bit locker encryption on this devise isn’t compatible with your version of windows. Try opening the drive using a newer version of windows."i know this is a windows update issue but I need you to supply me with a solution. I have supported MS OS all my life and feel bitterly let down. The fact that I cannot access my data has caused me all sorts of problems . Please provide a solution. I have windows 10 pro and all my updates are up to date.

:)

briansalih, Nov 26, 2018

2. Replacing 120GB SSD with 1 TB HDD

When I first built my PC, my 120GB SSD C: drive was plenty big enough since I had a 1TB HDD D: drive. Now though I am hitting the limit of my SSD and I want to migrate to a new 1 TB HDD. I cloned and swapped and it booted, but Windows is still only seeing
    120GB of my new 1TB drive. How do I fix this?

BruceKrafft, Nov 26, 2018
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    unlock hdd

Hi Johan,

It is possible that your
    HDD was unreadable
    causing the error message to appear. We recommend that you perform these troubleshooting steps and check if there are any changes:

• Shutdown
      your
      PC.

• Unhooked
      the
      HDD
      and
      turn on
      your
      PC.

• Reconnect
      your
      HDD
      and
      restart
      your
      PC.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    laptop/computer's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Nov 26, 2018
  4. Johankaan Win User

Unable to unlock HDD D 1 TB with encryption

unlock hdd

Johankaan, Nov 26, 2018
Thema:

Unable to unlock HDD D 1 TB with encryption

1. Unable to unlock HDD D 1 TB with encryption - Similar Threads - Unable unlock HDD

2. Unable to format or remove encryption on unlocked bitlock drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to format or remove encryption on unlocked bitlock drive.: Greetings,I have a microSD card with bitlocker that I can unlock with my password and view the files on, but I'm unable to remove the encryption or format the drive. I've tried on both Windows 10 and Windows 11, and I get similar errors. I do NOT need to recover information,...
  3. Unable to format or remove encryption on unlocked bitlock drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to format or remove encryption on unlocked bitlock drive.: Greetings,I have a microSD card with bitlocker that I can unlock with my password and view the files on, but I'm unable to remove the encryption or format the drive. I've tried on both Windows 10 and Windows 11, and I get similar errors. I do NOT need to recover information,...
  4. Unable to Access Encrypted Drive External HDD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Access Encrypted Drive External HDD: Hi Support,Kindly assist with this urgent matter. I've encrypted my external hard disk of 1 TB a couple of days ago. I DO remember the pin I set yet it doesn't accept it. I've tried it a couple of times & tried all other possible password matches & options but to no avail....
  5. Unable to Access Encrypted Drive External HDD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to Access Encrypted Drive External HDD: Hi Support,Kindly assist with this urgent matter. I've encrypted my external hard disk of 1 TB a couple of days ago. I DO remember the pin I set yet it doesn't accept it. I've tried it a couple of times & tried all other possible password matches & options but to no avail....
  6. Trying to upgrade OS from 1 tb HDD to 2 tb SSD.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Trying to upgrade OS from 1 tb HDD to 2 tb SSD.: So I'm trying to upgrade my brother's laptop. We got him a RAM and SSD upgrade, but haven't been able to clone the original HDD correctly. Any recommendations for a preferred method? I have a standard docking station and a Dual bay hard drive docking station with a cloning...
  7. My iomega eGo 1 TB drive is not showing the password encryption page

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My iomega eGo 1 TB drive is not showing the password encryption page: My iomega eGo 1 TB drive is not showing the password encryption page. It used to work fine in Windows 7 now with Windows 10, it loads the Iomega page without password page. I tried all the settings that was suggested on internet. Please help. This is really frustrating....
  8. How long should system restore take on a 1 TB hdd?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How long should system restore take on a 1 TB hdd?: After an update I installed, my pc wasn't booting properly so I restored my pc to the last point. I read from most news articles that it shouldn't take more than 40 minutes, but it's been an hour and a half and I think it might be stuck. What do I do? submitted by /u/kevlu8...
  9. 1 TB HDD in HDD caddy is not recognized

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    1 TB HDD in HDD caddy is not recognized: Hello folks, Just to speed up the aging laptop (Acer Aspire 5740), I replaced HDD with SSD and in the process of replacing the optical drive with the old HDD in HDD caddy. I have been trying to figure out what's wrong all weekend. The HDD works flawlessly. If I put the HDD...
  10. 3 tb hdd

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    3 tb hdd: Hello all, I have just installed my new WD 3TB drive into my system and everything seemed fine. I partitioned and formatted the drive without issue and went ahead loading it with my files etc. All seemed fine until I rebooted my system and now it wont boot up, In fact...