Windows 10: unable to unlock ssd drive due to BitLocker prompt, we had never enabled Bitlockler encryption.

Discus and support unable to unlock ssd drive due to BitLocker prompt, we had never enabled Bitlockler encryption. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My sisters laptop was damaged and now it would turn on, we have bought as new laptop, but i had a few important files in it, and we need to recover it,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Pranjal536, Jul 10, 2024.

1. unable to unlock ssd drive due to BitLocker prompt, we had never enabled Bitlockler encryption.

My sisters laptop was damaged and now it would turn on, we have bought as new laptop, but i had a few important files in it, and we need to recover it, so i bought a nvme ssd enclosure, plugging it with the ssd drive in the enclosure, i am getting a prompt for entering a 48 bit code, for the bitlocker, my sister does not remember this encryption key, we have even tried logging into her microsoft account via aka.ms/myrecoverykey and there is no key recovery key in there, how is still locked, how can we unlock the drive.please advise on what can we dothose files a very important

:)

Pranjal536, Jul 10, 2024
Thema:

unable to unlock ssd drive due to BitLocker prompt, we had never enabled Bitlockler encryption.

1. unable to unlock ssd drive due to BitLocker prompt, we had never enabled Bitlockler encryption. - Similar Threads - unable unlock ssd

2. unable to unlock ssd drive due to BitLocker prompt, we had never enabled Bitlockler encryption.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unable to unlock ssd drive due to BitLocker prompt, we had never enabled Bitlockler encryption.: My sisters laptop was damaged and now it would turn on, we have bought as new laptop, but i had a few important files in it, and we need to recover it, so i bought a nvme ssd enclosure, plugging it with the ssd drive in the enclosure, i am getting a prompt for entering a 48...
  3. Unable to format or remove encryption on unlocked bitlock drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to format or remove encryption on unlocked bitlock drive.: Greetings,I have a microSD card with bitlocker that I can unlock with my password and view the files on, but I'm unable to remove the encryption or format the drive. I've tried on both Windows 10 and Windows 11, and I get similar errors. I do NOT need to recover information,...
  4. Unable to format or remove encryption on unlocked bitlock drive.

Unable to format or remove encryption on unlocked bitlock drive.: Greetings,I have a microSD card with bitlocker that I can unlock with my password and view the files on, but I'm unable to remove the encryption or format the drive. I've tried on both Windows 10 and Windows 11, and I get similar errors. I do NOT need to recover information,...
  5. failed to unlock Bitlocker encrypted drive

failed to unlock Bitlocker encrypted drive: failed to unlock Bitlocker encrypted drive with error "resetting your protector failed for an unknown reason"I have recovery key, but still failed...
  6. failed to unlock Bitlocker encrypted drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    failed to unlock Bitlocker encrypted drive: failed to unlock Bitlocker encrypted drive with error "resetting your protector failed for an unknown reason"I have recovery key, but still failed...
  7. Unlock drive prompt on drive that wasn't encrypted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unlock drive prompt on drive that wasn't encrypted: I have an external hard drive, with a USB 3.0 interface that I have been using for a while, but I never encrypted it with Bitlocker, or anything else. All of the sudden every machine I connect it to tells me I need to unlock the drive, then prompts me for a USB key.Again, I...
  8. Unlock drive prompt on drive that wasn't encrypted

Unlock drive prompt on drive that wasn't encrypted: I have an external hard drive, with a USB 3.0 interface that I have been using for a while, but I never encrypted it with Bitlocker, or anything else. All of the sudden every machine I connect it to tells me I need to unlock the drive, then prompts me for a USB key.Again, I...
  9. Unlock drive prompt on drive that wasn't encrypted

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  10. Unable to unlock USB drives encrypted/locked with Bitlocker To Go

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to unlock USB drives encrypted/locked with Bitlocker To Go: Hey All, Recently my company provided me with a Windows 10 SOE image as part of a UAT. The image includes Symantec Endpoint Encryption which utilizes Bitlocker for encryption. I went through all of the motions with the C:\ drive to be encrypted and even printed the...