Windows 10: Unable to unpin Microsoft Edge from Start Menu.

Discus and support Unable to unpin Microsoft Edge from Start Menu. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello,Since a recent Windows 10 update, Microsoft Edge has been pinned to my Start Menu. Previously, I was able to unpin shortcuts from my Start Menu.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by darlingdyke, Oct 11, 2023.

1. Unable to unpin Microsoft Edge from Start Menu.

Hello,Since a recent Windows 10 update, Microsoft Edge has been pinned to my Start Menu. Previously, I was able to unpin shortcuts from my Start Menu. When trying to unpin this shortcut from my Start Menu I am not presented with the option to "Unpin from Start Menu" as I am familiar with. Reference the image below for an example of what I see when I Right Click and try to unpin the Microsoft Edge shortcut tile.I am not trying to remove Microsoft Edge from my operating system; merely trying to remove the shortcut tile from my Start Menu.I would appreciate any advice to resolve this issue that d

:)

darlingdyke, Oct 11, 2023
  2. JQ_8686 Win User

Unpin/remove connect & edge on start menu.

Understand that microsoft launched the modern app(provisionedappxpackage) in-bulit app which cannot be removed. However i would like to check if there is any way to unpin/remove Connect & Edge from
    start menu.

Start menu doesnt seems to have the option to unpin the in-bulit app. Please assist, by it be script or registry.

Thank you.
    Unable to unpin Microsoft Edge from Start Menu. [​IMG]

JQ_8686, Oct 11, 2023
  3. Cannoy unpin Journal fron Start Menu

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Community, I understand your concern.

There are several reasons for the app to be unable to unpin from Start Menu. I would suggest that you perform the method mentioned below and check if the issue persist.

Method:

• On the search bar type, Powershell.
    • Right click on it and Run as Administrator
    • Type/paste the following command:
    PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted -Command "& {$manifest = (Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.WindowsStore).InstallLocation + '\AppxManifest.xml' ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register
    $manifest}

Hope this information helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, Oct 11, 2023
  4. Gon BM Win User

Unable to unpin Microsoft Edge from Start Menu.

How to remove "Microsoft Edge" from Start menu? - Windows 10 Pro

Hello,

I want to remove Microsoft Edge from Start Menu (it is already "unpinned" from taskbar and Start Menu, but still shows in the complete Start menu list).

So far I have:

1- deleted the Edge app folder (Windows/Systemapps)

2- deleted two folders in the windows registry that may had led to "Microsoft Edge" in the start menu (simply searching "Microsoft Edge" inside the registry). This folder/lines were regenerated itself on each start until I deleted the resources.pri file inside
    the Edge folder in Systemapps.

But "Microsoft Edge" still shows in Start menu.

May be I need to "refresh" the Start Menu?

Or is there any other line in the registry containing the Microsoft Edge Start Menu reference?

I do not want any 3rd party application to hack the Start Menu.

Thanks.

Gon BM, Oct 11, 2023
Thema:

Unable to unpin Microsoft Edge from Start Menu.

1. Unable to unpin Microsoft Edge from Start Menu. - Similar Threads - Unable unpin Microsoft

2. Unable to unpin Microsoft Edge from Start Menu.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to unpin Microsoft Edge from Start Menu.: Hello,Since a recent Windows 10 update, Microsoft Edge has been pinned to my Start Menu. Previously, I was able to unpin shortcuts from my Start Menu. When trying to unpin this shortcut from my Start Menu I am not presented with the option to "Unpin from Start Menu" as I am...
  3. Unable to unpin Microsoft Edge from Start Menu.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to unpin Microsoft Edge from Start Menu.: Hello,Since a recent Windows 10 update, Microsoft Edge has been pinned to my Start Menu. Previously, I was able to unpin shortcuts from my Start Menu. When trying to unpin this shortcut from my Start Menu I am not presented with the option to "Unpin from Start Menu" as I am...
  4. Unpin tiles from Start menu

Unpin tiles from Start menu: Hi, I have a question How can I unpin all tiles from the Start Menu using a batch script or registry editor in Windows 10 20H2 175931
  5. Unpin/remove connect & edge on start menu.

Unpin/remove connect & edge on start menu.: Understand that microsoft launched the modern app(provisionedappxpackage) in-bulit app which cannot be removed. However i would like to check if there is any way to unpin/remove Connect & Edge from start menu. Start menu doesnt seems to have the option to unpin the in-bulit...
  6. Can't unpin from start menu

Can't unpin from start menu: A few months ago, I could unpin from start, but now when I unpin something, it comes back every time I shut down my PC. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-unpin-from-start-menu/84d8eb39-c74d-45d0-b093-e167399f8d17
  7. Unable to Unpin Folder Tile from Start Menu.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Unable to Unpin Folder Tile from Start Menu.: I'm unable to remove this tile from my Start Menu. It was a folder shortcut which was working fine until I changed the letter of the drive it belonged to. There are only two options when I right click, one is to unpin and the other is to resize the tile. I have tried pretty...
  8. Unable to Unpin Tiles from the Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to Unpin Tiles from the Start Menu: Hello all, I love Windows 10. I really do. However, there's one slight nuisance that is really starting to get on my nerves. Every time I right-click a tile, select something such as "Unpin from Start," absolutely nothing happens. The tile remains, I can reshape it, move...
  9. Unable to pin/unpin for start menu OR customize!

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to pin/unpin for start menu OR customize!: just done a fresh install of windows and i literately cant do anything that relates to pinning or tweaking the start menu. i was reading that there is a way to fix this via tiledatalayer ??? and followed some examples however there was no tiledatalayer folder present in...
  10. Unpinning apps from the Start Menu ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Unpinning apps from the Start Menu ?: So, am I just stupid or when I right click an app and choose "Unpin from Start" the app is still in the Start Menu and works no problem, am I just missing something or there is no way to get rid of pinned apps ? Also I read somewhere that when you right click a blank space...