Windows 10: Unable to unpin Microsoft Edge from Start Menu.

Discus and support Unable to unpin Microsoft Edge from Start Menu. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello,Since a recent Windows 10 update, Microsoft Edge has been pinned to my Start Menu. Previously, I was able to unpin shortcuts from my Start Menu.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by darlingdyke, Oct 11, 2023.

1. Unable to unpin Microsoft Edge from Start Menu.

Hello,Since a recent Windows 10 update, Microsoft Edge has been pinned to my Start Menu. Previously, I was able to unpin shortcuts from my Start Menu. When trying to unpin this shortcut from my Start Menu I am not presented with the option to "Unpin from Start Menu" as I am familiar with. Reference the image below for an example of what I see when I Right Click and try to unpin the Microsoft Edge shortcut tile.I am not trying to remove Microsoft Edge from my operating system; merely trying to remove the shortcut tile from my Start Menu.I would appreciate any advice to resolve this issue that d

:)

darlingdyke, Oct 11, 2023
  2. JQ_8686 Win User

Unpin/remove connect & edge on start menu.

Understand that microsoft launched the modern app(provisionedappxpackage) in-bulit app which cannot be removed. However i would like to check if there is any way to unpin/remove Connect & Edge from
    start menu.

Start menu doesnt seems to have the option to unpin the in-bulit app. Please assist, by it be script or registry.

Thank you.
    Unable to unpin Microsoft Edge from Start Menu. [​IMG]

JQ_8686, Oct 11, 2023
  3. Cannoy unpin Journal fron Start Menu

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Community, I understand your concern.

There are several reasons for the app to be unable to unpin from Start Menu. I would suggest that you perform the method mentioned below and check if the issue persist.

Method:

• On the search bar type, Powershell.
    • Right click on it and Run as Administrator
    • Type/paste the following command:
    PowerShell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted -Command "& {$manifest = (Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.WindowsStore).InstallLocation + '\AppxManifest.xml' ; Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register
    $manifest}

Hope this information helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, Oct 11, 2023
  4. Gon BM Win User

Unable to unpin Microsoft Edge from Start Menu.

How to remove "Microsoft Edge" from Start menu? - Windows 10 Pro

Hello,

I want to remove Microsoft Edge from Start Menu (it is already "unpinned" from taskbar and Start Menu, but still shows in the complete Start menu list).

So far I have:

1- deleted the Edge app folder (Windows/Systemapps)

2- deleted two folders in the windows registry that may had led to "Microsoft Edge" in the start menu (simply searching "Microsoft Edge" inside the registry). This folder/lines were regenerated itself on each start until I deleted the resources.pri file inside
    the Edge folder in Systemapps.

But "Microsoft Edge" still shows in Start menu.

May be I need to "refresh" the Start Menu?

Or is there any other line in the registry containing the Microsoft Edge Start Menu reference?

I do not want any 3rd party application to hack the Start Menu.

Thanks.

Gon BM, Oct 11, 2023
Thema:

Unable to unpin Microsoft Edge from Start Menu.

1. Unable to unpin Microsoft Edge from Start Menu. - Similar Threads - Unable unpin Microsoft

2. Unable to unpin Microsoft Edge from Start Menu.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to unpin Microsoft Edge from Start Menu.: Hello,Since a recent Windows 10 update, Microsoft Edge has been pinned to my Start Menu. Previously, I was able to unpin shortcuts from my Start Menu. When trying to unpin this shortcut from my Start Menu I am not presented with the option to "Unpin from Start Menu" as I am...
  3. Unable to unpin Microsoft Edge from Start Menu.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to unpin Microsoft Edge from Start Menu.: Hello,Since a recent Windows 10 update, Microsoft Edge has been pinned to my Start Menu. Previously, I was able to unpin shortcuts from my Start Menu. When trying to unpin this shortcut from my Start Menu I am not presented with the option to "Unpin from Start Menu" as I am...
  4. Unpin tiles from Start menu

Unpin tiles from Start menu: Hi, I have a question How can I unpin all tiles from the Start Menu using a batch script or registry editor in Windows 10 20H2 175931
  5. Unpin/remove connect & edge on start menu.

Unpin/remove connect & edge on start menu.: Understand that microsoft launched the modern app(provisionedappxpackage) in-bulit app which cannot be removed. However i would like to check if there is any way to unpin/remove Connect & Edge from start menu. Start menu doesnt seems to have the option to unpin the in-bulit...
  6. Can't unpin from start menu

Can't unpin from start menu: A few months ago, I could unpin from start, but now when I unpin something, it comes back every time I shut down my PC. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-unpin-from-start-menu/84d8eb39-c74d-45d0-b093-e167399f8d17
  7. Unable to Unpin Folder Tile from Start Menu.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Unable to Unpin Folder Tile from Start Menu.: I'm unable to remove this tile from my Start Menu. It was a folder shortcut which was working fine until I changed the letter of the drive it belonged to. There are only two options when I right click, one is to unpin and the other is to resize the tile. I have tried pretty...
  8. Unable to Unpin Tiles from the Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to Unpin Tiles from the Start Menu: Hello all, I love Windows 10. I really do. However, there's one slight nuisance that is really starting to get on my nerves. Every time I right-click a tile, select something such as "Unpin from Start," absolutely nothing happens. The tile remains, I can reshape it, move...
  9. Unable to pin/unpin for start menu OR customize!

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to pin/unpin for start menu OR customize!: just done a fresh install of windows and i literately cant do anything that relates to pinning or tweaking the start menu. i was reading that there is a way to fix this via tiledatalayer ??? and followed some examples however there was no tiledatalayer folder present in...
  10. Unpinning apps from the Start Menu ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Unpinning apps from the Start Menu ?: So, am I just stupid or when I right click an app and choose "Unpin from Start" the app is still in the Start Menu and works no problem, am I just missing something or there is no way to get rid of pinned apps ? Also I read somewhere that when you right click a blank space...