Windows 10: Unable to unpin/pin any Start menu tiles,can't uninstall user UWP apps

Discus and support Unable to unpin/pin any Start menu tiles,can't uninstall user UWP apps in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I am running Windows 10 Pro build 18363 (version 1909) on my laptop. As the title says, I am unable to unpin or pin any Start menu tiles, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by FedoraMaster420, Jan 3, 2020.

1. Unable to unpin/pin any Start menu tiles,can't uninstall user UWP apps

Hello,
    I am running Windows 10 Pro build 18363 (version 1909) on my laptop. As the title says, I am unable to unpin or pin any Start menu tiles, and there is also no option to uninstall any user UWP apps (like the ones installed from the Microsoft Store), but I can uninstall them by going to Settings > Apps. How can I fix this issue? Re-installing Windows is out of the question for me as I have lots of data on this laptop that I am unable to backup (internet speed is too slow to back files up to the cloud and download again). Look at attached screenshots to get a better idea of what I mean. Is there a registry script or something I can run to re-enable this functionality? And yes, I have tried sfc /scannow and the DISM RestoreHealth tools to no avail. All help is greatly appreciated, thanks.

Edit: I have also tried restoring the Start menu to default layout which did not fix it.

:)

FedoraMaster420, Jan 3, 2020

2. Start menu Tiles problem Unable to move , No option for pin, unpin ,uninstall after using Windows for some hours

Dear, Sir Recently I have installed Windows 10 in my pc .Everything was working fine but after some hours I noticed some problems in my pc. They are :

1.Unable to Pin Items to Windows Start menu

2.Unable to unpin Start menu tiles

3.Unable to resize Tiles

4.Unable to Unpin Start menu tiles

5.Uninstall Option not present

6.Unable to move Tiles

The option of unpinning, pining, resizing, uninstalling are gone away after using Windows for some hours..............Plz plz Help me ..Unable to unpin/pin any Start menu tiles,can't uninstall user UWP apps :)

Ritik Chauhan, Jan 3, 2020
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    Can't pin/unpin tiles

Hi Michael,

A corrupted user profile is one of the possible reasons why you are unable to pin/unpin tiles. Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue? Meanwhile, you can follow the steps in this

link
    to troubleshoot issues with the Start menu or Cortana.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Jan 3, 2020
  4. clayeley Win User

Unable to unpin/pin any Start menu tiles,can't uninstall user UWP apps

Unable to Unpin Tile from Start Menu

Hello,

Windows 10

I opened File Explorer from Start Menu

Opposite clicked on Network

Pin to Start Menu

I decided to unpin Network Tile but am unable to do so.

Restarted computer

Ran sfc/scannow....No corrupt files.

I have also noticed that when I "click" on the Network tile nothing happens(doesn't take me to network)

clayeley, Jan 3, 2020
Thema:

Unable to unpin/pin any Start menu tiles,can't uninstall user UWP apps

1. Unable to unpin/pin any Start menu tiles,can't uninstall user UWP apps - Similar Threads - Unable unpin pin

2. Unpin tiles from Start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unpin tiles from Start menu: Hi, I have a question How can I unpin all tiles from the Start Menu using a batch script or registry editor in Windows 10 20H2 175931
  3. start menu pinned tiles

start menu pinned tiles: when ever i close everything i cant see anything in desktop apps because start menu pinned tiles wont close??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-pinned-tiles/e0987182-f335-48a0-ab83-c7f1a213dfbd
  4. Can't unpin a tile from Start

Can't unpin a tile from Start: Hi, I'm using Windows 10 Pro and can't unpin a tile from Start.. someone please??! 55130
  5. Windows Start menu - I can't unpin a blank tile

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Start menu - I can't unpin a blank tile: I've had an invalid shortcut in: C:\Users\myUserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs and I removed it but the problem is that I didn't unpin it from the Start Menu first and now I'm stuck with a blank tile which I can move around and resize but can't...
  6. Can't unpin/pin items in start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't unpin/pin items in start menu: Hi, I've been using windows 10 for some time and I didn't have any problems until now, idk when the problem appeared or what caused it. I wanted to uninstall a program that I wasn't using, and it was pinned to my start menu tile, and I wanted to put something in that...
  7. Start menu problem "pin and unpin to start"

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu problem "pin and unpin to start": Hi guys I work on win 10 pin to start & unpin to start was working normally and a few days ago i found that it's not exist anymore and when i perform a right click on a free space in start menu there's nothing happens [img] [img] [img] [img] 49409
  8. Unable to Unpin Folder Tile from Start Menu.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Unable to Unpin Folder Tile from Start Menu.: I'm unable to remove this tile from my Start Menu. It was a folder shortcut which was working fine until I changed the letter of the drive it belonged to. There are only two options when I right click, one is to unpin and the other is to resize the tile. I have tried pretty...
  9. Unable to Unpin Tiles from the Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to Unpin Tiles from the Start Menu: Hello all, I love Windows 10. I really do. However, there's one slight nuisance that is really starting to get on my nerves. Every time I right-click a tile, select something such as "Unpin from Start," absolutely nothing happens. The tile remains, I can reshape it, move...
  10. Unable to pin/unpin for start menu OR customize!

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to pin/unpin for start menu OR customize!: just done a fresh install of windows and i literately cant do anything that relates to pinning or tweaking the start menu. i was reading that there is a way to fix this via tiledatalayer ??? and followed some examples however there was no tiledatalayer folder present in...