Windows 10: Unable to update due to unsupported UEFI layout

Discus and support Unable to update due to unsupported UEFI layout in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello! My windows 10 is on version 1709. When I try to update , it says my UEFI layout is unsupported. I don't really know what this mean. I have a G7... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by 7vern7, Mar 24, 2019.

1. 7vern7 Win User

Unable to update due to unsupported UEFI layout

Hello! My windows 10 is on version 1709. When I try to update , it says my UEFI layout is unsupported. I don't really know what this mean.

I have a G7 7588. When I first got it, the biggest hard drive wasn't installed correctly and I had to send it back to the company for over a week to get it fixed. I'm scared something went wrong with this, and this unsupported EUFI thing is because of that.

Is there anyway to make it right without resetting my hard drives? I have a lot of big games and stuff that would take a long time to reinstall and honestly I'm a little impatient!

:)

7vern7, Mar 24, 2019

2. Cannot upgrade due to unsupported disk layout for UEFI firmware

You do not have a GPT partition table.

"When you deploy Windows to a UEFI-based device, you must format the hard drive that includes the Windows partition by using a GUID partition table (GPT) file system. Additional drives may use either the GPT or the master boot record (MBR) file format."

To reinstall windows, you will need to delete all the partitions on your drive, and install on the unallocated drive, that way windows can make its own partitions it needs to run.

Unable to update due to unsupported UEFI layout [​IMG]

Goosebumps, Mar 24, 2019
  3. Cannot upgrade due to unsupported disk layout for UEFI firmware

I think that the OP has previously changed the disk partition table to MBR (Master Boot Record) and for this reason the ESP partition (300 MB) appears in the partition list.

SOURCE: The Windows 7 & 8 GPT 'Protective' MBR and EFI Partitions

One quick way to determine if a disk is GPT partitioned is to use the List Disk command of the "DISKPART" tool under a Command Prompt (may require Administrator rights). Simply enter the commands shown in GREEN below. If any attached disk has been GPT partitioned, an asterisk (*) will appear under the "Gpt" column; as shown in YELLOW for Disk 0 below:

Goosebumps, Mar 24, 2019
  4. slance310 Win User

Unable to upgrade due to unsupported disk layout for UEFI firmware. Need help!

Hi,

I will check the other thread...

Are you still getting the Unsupported Disk layout for UEFI ?

slance310, Mar 24, 2019
Thema:

1. Unable to update due to unsupported UEFI layout - Similar Threads - Unable update due

2. Windows 11 22H2 cannot be installed due to "unsupported disk layout for UEFI firmware"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 11 22H2 cannot be installed due to "unsupported disk layout for UEFI firmware": Hello,I want to upgrade to windows 11 but I am running into a similar problem as in this thread which says:Windows can not be installed due to "unsupported disk layout for UEFI...
  3. Windows 11 22H2 cannot be installed due to "unsupported disk layout for UEFI firmware"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 22H2 cannot be installed due to "unsupported disk layout for UEFI firmware": Hello,I want to upgrade to windows 11 but I am running into a similar problem as in this thread which says:Windows can not be installed due to "unsupported disk layout for UEFI...
  4. Windows 11 22H2 cannot be installed due to "unsupported disk layout for UEFI firmware"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 11 22H2 cannot be installed due to "unsupported disk layout for UEFI firmware"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 22H2 cannot be installed due to "unsupported disk layout for UEFI firmware": Hi,I've tried to install the new Dinwos 11 Version 22H2 but am receiving the message above. I've run the WhyNotWin11 and it doesn't seem to show anything related to disk layout, and states that secure boot is on.I've also checked my drives and they're all GPT.Any help would...
  6. Windows 11 22H2 cannot be installed due to "unsupported disk layout for UEFI firmware"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 22H2 cannot be installed due to "unsupported disk layout for UEFI firmware": Hi,I've tried to install the new Dinwos 11 Version 22H2 but am receiving the message above. I've run the WhyNotWin11 and it doesn't seem to show anything related to disk layout, and states that secure boot is on.I've also checked my drives and they're all GPT.Any help would...
  7. Unsupported disk layout for UEFI firmware

Unsupported disk layout for UEFI firmware: I wasn't able to update my windows because it stated that the disk layout was unsupported. I have 1903 but have no idea what to do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unsupported-disk-layout-for-uefi-firmware/5db915ea-310f-48ea-9fad-6dd8b0409a91
  8. Unsupported Disk Layout for UEFI firmware

Unsupported Disk Layout for UEFI firmware: 1803 will nt install. I get an error message saying I have an unsupported disk layout for UEFI firmware. The OS is on an MBR disk. Does this mean I have to make it a GPT? 110420
  9. Unsupported Disk Layout for UEFI Firmware

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unsupported Disk Layout for UEFI Firmware: BIOS is set to boot Legacy. Here are the two prior threads getting me from being patently annoyed with 1703 being chronically hung on a quality update to where I am now. The first one is a long read and the summary is, lots of trainwreckage, machine boots in Legacy....
  10. Cannot upgrade due to unsupported disk layout for UEFI firmware

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot upgrade due to unsupported disk layout for UEFI firmware: This problem is driving me nuts. *Confused I've had Win10 installed for ages and no problems until Upgrade 1511 came along. How come Windows 10 worked all that time and now refuses to upgrade? Can anyone provide a fix for this problem: Upgrade to Windows 10 Home,...