Windows 10: Unable to update Edge

Discus and support Unable to update Edge in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, We have a security policy at work which disallows manual Windows updates. Internal IT say that they're unable to force it for me. However we have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RichardClarke4, Sep 10, 2018.

1. Unable to update Edge

Hi,

We have a security policy at work which disallows manual Windows updates. Internal IT say that they're unable to force it for me. However we have a client who has an issue which I cannot reproduce and the only difference is that I am on an old version of Edge (from 2017), so I really need to update it ASAP in order to rule out browser version as the cause.

Is there any way that I can update Edge without using Windows Update?

Kind regards,

Richard

:)

RichardClarke4, Sep 10, 2018

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Sep 10, 2018
  3. Unable to type in search box or edge URL entry field

Hi,

Are you unable to just type in this fields or are these fields greyed out?

I would suggest you to first check if install all the latest updates available through Windows updates to make sure that you have all the patches. If you have already done this, then I would suggest try these steps and check if it

helps:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/view-delete-browsing-history-microsoft-edge

Try these steps and let us know the results for further assistance.

Bennet Martin, Sep 10, 2018
  4. 3Colors Win User

Unable to update Edge

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Unable to update Edge :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Sep 10, 2018
Thema:

Unable to update Edge

1. Unable to update Edge - Similar Threads - Unable update Edge

2. unable to open Edge or settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    unable to open Edge or settings: Tried to open the old version of edge, will not open. Have tried to open settings to check on downloads but settings screen comes up as if loading then just closes down. Tried to repair W10 but it says it cannot determine if i have enough space though i have lots of space....
  3. Edge update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Edge update: My computer updated last night and the new version of edge was installed. I do not like the new Edge but more importantly all of my favorites are gone. Cannot locate them anywhere there is no import from Edge Legacy only Chrome and Internet Explorer. How can they update a...
  4. Uninstalling Edge and Edge Update

in Windows 10 Customization
    Uninstalling Edge and Edge Update: Just got an update and it re-installed Edge on my PC. Not only that it uninstalled Chrome. Raided Chrome for all my links and passwords. I hate any Microsoft browser. They suck. How can I uninstall this crappy Edge ? Tried going through Apps and the Uninstall button is grayed...
  5. Edge update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Edge update: My laptop just updated to a new version of Edge, and now many of my work websites are incompatible or giving me multiple security warnings. How can i go back to the previous version of Edge that was working with all of my work webistes?...
  6. Unable to install any extension for new Edge (Edge Dev) and Edge Bera

in Browsers and Email
    Unable to install any extension for new Edge (Edge Dev) and Edge Bera: Hi Peeps, Fresh install of Win 10 2004. Having downloaded both Edge Beta and Edge Dev. I am unable to install any extensions. The error message states: Download was not a valid extension or user script I can;t find any reference to this on the web. I've tried a variety of...
  7. UNABLE TO PRINT FROM EDGE

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    UNABLE TO PRINT FROM EDGE: This is unbelievably frustrating. From Chrome I can print from my Yahoo e-mail as well as when I want to print from other websites. But I cannot do this with Microsoft Edge (or maybe I should call it Microsoft SLUDGE?!) I have an HP desktop and printer. There shouldn't be...
  8. Edge unable to connect to the internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Edge unable to connect to the internet: I just installed the latest OS update (Windows Insider - Slow Ring) OS 17713.1002. Edge will not connect to the internet. Internet Explorer will work OK....
  9. Unable to import favorites in to Edge?

in Browsers and Email
    Unable to import favorites in to Edge?: Hey Guys I have saved my favourites in the default folder, they appear and work in ie, but when I try and import them in to edge the error states: Couldn't import favourites Not very informative? Any help appreciated 12277
  10. Unable to open Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Unable to open Edge: I installed Bitdefender Anti Virus and removed McAfee Total Security. When I try to open Edge the blue screen comes on with the Edge symbol then does not open but goes back to previous screen., Very frustrating and Bitdefender has not come up with a solution. 74352

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to upgrade edge

2. unable to update edge