Windows 10: Unable to update from 1809 to 1903 with help from Microsoft support techs

Discus and support Unable to update from 1809 to 1903 with help from Microsoft support techs in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Split from this thread. Hello, I have just wasted over 10 hours with 6 "technicians" about problems that Microsoft have caused on my laptop NONE of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by STEPHANGRAY, Jun 3, 2019.

1. Unable to update from 1809 to 1903 with help from Microsoft support techs

Split from this thread.​

Hello, I have just wasted over 10 hours with 6 "technicians" about problems that Microsoft have caused on my laptop NONE of the so called technicians, level 1 and level 2 could not fix the problems.

The mail problem is not being able to update from Windows 10 1809 to 1903 THEY JUST COULD NOT DO IT. at first they tried to say that the BIOS on my HP Envy laptop was the cause as it was out of date, I corrected that myself by updating to the latest HP BIOS update, but still the MS updates would not work.

In November 18 EVERY time I turned my laptop on I got a message that an update was available after downloading the update would not install, 30 minutes wasted on that. in the end a MS technician said that the "cure" was to turn off the update feature?????.

Today I was told that because my HP laptop was nearly 3 years old it was the cause of the problems.

My main question is, WHY DO MS PUT OUT UPDATES THAT ONLY CAUSE PROBLEMS AND DO NOT MAKE COMPUTERS RUN BETTER.

I suppose that is why MS do not have a customer complaints department!.

:)

STEPHANGRAY, Jun 3, 2019
  2. graye Win User

update to 1903

No, 1809 is not a pre-requisite for 1903

If you're interested in diagnosing the current upgrade issue, please let us know

graye, Jun 3, 2019
  3. update to 1903

No, 1809 is not a pre-requisite for 1903

If you're interested in diagnosing the current upgrade issue, please let us know

Thank you. I'll just wait for May update. I had to force 1809 on my desktop, but found after all the trouble the update was no big deal and not worth the effort.

Jim

VeroBeach1, Jun 3, 2019
  4. Unable to update from 1809 to 1903 with help from Microsoft support techs

update to 1903

My lap top refuses to update from 1803 to 1809. Will 1809 be required before the 1903 update will install?

VeroBeach1, Jun 3, 2019
Thema:

Unable to update from 1809 to 1903 with help from Microsoft support techs

1. Unable to update from 1809 to 1903 with help from Microsoft support techs - Similar Threads - Unable update 1809

2. My Microsoft account blocked. Unable to get assistance from Microsoft tech support

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Microsoft account blocked. Unable to get assistance from Microsoft tech support: I got a new laptop with Windows and office subscription. Created new account with *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. I have forgot the password . After multiple failed attempts the account got blocked. Contacted tech support they are closing the ticket with out...
  3. My Microsoft account blocked. Unable to get assistance from Microsoft tech support

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Microsoft account blocked. Unable to get assistance from Microsoft tech support: I got a new laptop with Windows and office subscription. Created new account with *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. I have forgot the password . After multiple failed attempts the account got blocked. Contacted tech support they are closing the ticket with out...
  4. Updating from 1809 to 1903 stops at 90%

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Updating from 1809 to 1903 stops at 90%: Hello. I’ve been trying this for months, but it always freezes at 90%. Everything else goes fine, except that i need to restart manually at 75% because the screen becomes black and won’t restart itself. By saying that it freezes, I mean that the little wheel stops rotating...
  5. Updating windows to 1903 from 1809

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Updating windows to 1903 from 1809: I am facing this problem thrice , Actually my system is running slow and I don't know the reason but I am damn sure that it is a software problem. whenever I am trying to download or upgrade to the latest version of windows i.e. 1903. I am getting the message from windows and...
  6. reversing from 1903 to 1809

in Windows 10 Support
    reversing from 1903 to 1809: I have a laptop and PC. Both updated to 1903 on their own. I was able to reverse the PC but not the laptop. I used this tutorial: Go Back to the Previous Version of Windows in Windows 10 On the laptop I did not have an option to reverse using method 2. In method one under...
  7. Unable to update from 1809 to 1903 with error 0x80070003

Unable to update from 1809 to 1903 with error 0x80070003: Hello, For the past week I've been failing to upgrade my Windows 10 desktop from 1809 to 1903 The update process is always the same: The update downloads successfuly, I restart the computer, It shuts down (with the usual update progress bar that gets to 100%). It boots up...
  8. Problem updating from 1809 to 1903

Problem updating from 1809 to 1903: Hi, I’ve been waiting to see when my PC would download the latest version of Windows 10 (1903). I eventually cleared some rubbish I’d collected, made a clone of my C drive onto an external USB SSD using Macrium and went to the MS site to manually download 1903. My PC was...
  9. Problem updating from 1809 to 1903

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem updating from 1809 to 1903: Hi, I’ve been waiting to see when my PC would download the latest version of Windows 10 (1903). I eventually cleared some rubbish I’d collected, made a clone of my C drive onto an external USB SSD using Macrium and went to the MS site to manually download 1903. My PC was...
  10. Update Windows 10 - From 1809 to 1903

Update Windows 10 - From 1809 to 1903: Dear Friends, I can't get 1903 update from Windows Update. [ATTACH] But with Windows 10 Update Assistant, I can get this update. [ATTACH] Why cannot get this update from Windows Update in Windows Setting? Thanks...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hp laptop keeps shutting down when doing the 1903 update no error ms