Windows 10: Unable to update Hosts file with my Administrator account

Discus and support Unable to update Hosts file with my Administrator account in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have logged in with my Administrator connected via email Id. Any idea why?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Hussain mohammed Ashruf, Apr 11, 2021.

1. Unable to update Hosts file with my Administrator account

I have logged in with my Administrator connected via email Id. Any idea why?

:)

Hussain mohammed Ashruf, Apr 11, 2021

2. Unable to edit Hosts file

Hi,

We would like to ask how are you trying to edit the host file on your computer? Is there any chance that you are doing it via Notepad as administrator? If not, you can try doing the steps below:

• Press the Windows key and search for Notepad.
    • Once Notepad is available, right-click and select Run as administrator.
    • In your Notepad, Click File > Open
      and search for the following file: c:\Windows\System32\Drivers\etc\hosts
    • You can edit the changes as normal
    • Click File > Save to save your changes.

Let us know how it goes.

Jarius Tol, Apr 11, 2021
  3. angus Win User
    Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Apr 11, 2021
  4. NavyLCDR Win User

Unable to update Hosts file with my Administrator account

Weird account name and lost Administrator rights.

Well, I know what I would do.

Under Settings, Accounts, Family & other users, then under Other users, add someone else to this PC. Then click the link for "the person I want to add doesn't have an email address". Then click the link for "Add a user without a Microsoft account". Then enter a temporary user name like TempAdmin. When the account appears in the Other Users list, click on it. Click change account type. Make the temporary account an Administrator.

Log in as the temporary administrator account, and copy all the files you want to keep from both the Andrius folders under Users to the temporary account's folder. Then delete whatever Andrius users are listed under settings, accounts. Go back to the Users folders and delete any remaining Andrius folders in there. Reboot the computer, log in as the temporary administrator and recreate an Andrius account using the exact same steps you made the temporary account - you can convert it to a Microsoft account if you want later.

Then do the rest of the steps to copy all your files back and delete the temporary administrator account.

NavyLCDR, Apr 11, 2021
Thema:

Unable to update Hosts file with my Administrator account

1. Unable to update Hosts file with my Administrator account - Similar Threads - Unable update Hosts

2. Unable to recover administrator account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to recover administrator account: I am unable to install software on my laptop as the administrator account no longer exists. My one and only account is a local account without administrator access....
  3. Unable to recover administrator account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to recover administrator account: I am unable to install software on my laptop as the administrator account no longer exists. My one and only account is a local account without administrator access....
  4. Unable to recover administrator account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Unable to login my microsoft account in administrator account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to login my microsoft account in administrator account: I just flashed a new version of windows and first in first setup i logged in my microsoft account and a user based on my microsoft account was created but i wanted to use administrator account as main account so i activated administrator account and deleted the orignal...
  6. Unable to login my microsoft account in administrator account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to login my microsoft account in administrator account: I just flashed a new version of windows and first in first setup i logged in my microsoft account and a user based on my microsoft account was created but i wanted to use administrator account as main account so i activated administrator account and deleted the orignal...
  7. Unable to sign into my laptop with my administrator account, and it is the only account on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to sign into my laptop with my administrator account, and it is the only account on...: My little brother mistakenly disabled my account which was the already signed in on my laptop. He later signed out of it. My account is the administrator and the only account on my laptop, so when I try to sign into my laptop it requires my accounts password but I can’t get...
  8. Unable to sign into my laptop with my administrator account, and it is the only account on...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Unable to sign into my laptop with my administrator account, and it is the only account on...: My little brother mistakenly disabled my account which was the already signed in on my laptop. He later signed out of it. My account is the administrator and the only account on my laptop, so when I try to sign into my laptop it requires my accounts password but I can’t get...
  9. Unable to log in to administrator account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to log in to administrator account: Hi,I run Windows 10 on a PC. The only account set up is my administrator account which I have been logging into with a PIN. After a power cut today when I rebooted the PC I got a message saying "something happened and your PIN isn't available". Nothing happened when I tried...
  10. Unable to sign in to administrators account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to sign in to administrators account: i cant sign into administrators account, the administrators promt is hidden and also i cant make changes to my system and also cant access files on the administrators account [ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH]...