Windows 10: Unable to update (insider slow ring)

Discus and support Unable to update (insider slow ring) in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Win10 (insider slow ring) installed on Dell Inspiron 546. Since July 2019, I'm unable to update Win10 (see the Update History attached). What's wrong?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ilyazeld, Dec 12, 2019.

1. ilyazeld Win User

Unable to update (insider slow ring)

Win10 (insider slow ring) installed on Dell Inspiron 546. Since July 2019, I'm unable to update Win10 (see the Update History attached). What's wrong? How to fix it and update Win10?

Unable to update (insider slow ring) ae365b3f-833a-4128-8d37-8f22a9b536a1?upload=true.jpg

:)

ilyazeld, Dec 12, 2019
  2. PUN
    pun Win User

Insider Build stuck in slow ring

My Windows Insider build 14986.1001 is stuck in slow ring and I can't change it to fast ring. It is grayed out.

Unable to update (insider slow ring) pl2u3.png

I have referred to Microsoft forums and tried changing REG_SZ value for Ring from WIS to WIF at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\WindowsSelfHost\Applicability but there is no change.

Does anyone know how to get my system on fast ring ?

Update :

I've updated build using ISO to latest now, still stuck in slow ring and cannot change it to fast ring

3. Pauli O Win User
    Insider Preview Slow Ring Not Updating

There is some limits in this Slow ring build. Maybe one of those is blocking your update?

Quote from insider blog:

UPDATE 2/27: Today we have released Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18342.8 (19H1) to Windows Insiders in the Slow ring.

PCs with the base language ZH-CN will not receive this update due to an issue that’s causing many common Chinese games to crash on launch.

We’ve also added an upgrade block for users of the most common games that are impacted by the GSOD discussed in the known issues below. If you uninstall the affected games, you can get the update.

Announcing Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 18342 | Windows Experience Blog

Pauli O, Dec 12, 2019
  4. Unable to update (insider slow ring)

Insider Preview Slow Ring Not Updating

HI Leonardo,

I am Sumit, an Independent Advisor and a 2-Year Windows Insider MVP here to help.

There has not been a slow ring build lately due to issues with the Anti Cheat Software. Are you trying to Install a fast ring build?

Sumit (Independent Advisor), Dec 12, 2019
Thema:

Unable to update (insider slow ring)

1. Unable to update (insider slow ring) - Similar Threads - Unable update insider

2. Failing to install insider slow ring version 2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Failing to install insider slow ring version 2004: I'm opted into the insider program and on the slow ring, all other updates installing nominally. Panther + Rollback logs here: https://send.firefox.com/download/c4f76a552fab0d2f/#8QfoC3UP2_cWlUp_cO83Fw Getting error code: 0xc1900101...
  3. Windows insider slow ring version?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows insider slow ring version?: I have has the same version since January? Is this correct? Does the slow ring get any updates? I tried just changing back to the release build but it wouldn't let me (kept jumping back to slow ring on the insider option). So I've switched to the fast ring for now. submitted...
  4. Windows 10 Insider Slow Ring - Getting back to stable?

Windows 10 Insider Slow Ring - Getting back to stable?: Hi, I want to know the best way for me to get my Windows 10 Slow Ring build (19013.1122) back onto a stable branch? I'm a developer and use WSL a lot, I decided to upgrade to an insider build so I can use WSL 2. However, now that I have access to WSL 2 I am pretty happy...
  5. Windows 10 November Update for Slow Ring insiders

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 November Update for Slow Ring insiders: Hello, I have a problem with the Windows update on Windows 10. I read that the November update has been released today and only what I got by being the Windows insider I got only the update from the screen. I hoped that it is the November Update but I still have 1903 version...
  6. Windows Update - Windows Insider - Slow Ring

Windows Update - Windows Insider - Slow Ring: I have tried during the last 2 months to join the Insider Program. Each time after downloading, and after trying to install I get this Error Message: Actualización de Windows 10 Translated: Windows 10 Update What needs your attention The following points require your...
  7. Insider Preview Slow Ring Not Updating

Insider Preview Slow Ring Not Updating: Even though I am an Insider, the 18342.9 update will not install. I get a message that my device is not eligible even though I am enrolled in the Insider program....
  8. Nvidia 416.81 driver from the Insider slow ring is not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Nvidia 416.81 driver from the Insider slow ring is not working: (411.70 from the windows update has no iussue) I joined Win10 Insider slow ring, then downloaded the Nvidia 416.81 driver from Windows update, after reboot, it gives me this error: [ATTACH]...
  9. Inside WDG - Branches and Rings

in Windows 10 News
    Inside WDG - Branches and Rings: [img] [img] [img] [img] Source: Insider Hub - "Inside WDG - Branches and Rings" 40448
  10. Cumulative Update KB4022716 for Windows 10 Insiders in Slow ring

in Windows 10 News
    Cumulative Update KB4022716 for Windows 10 Insiders in Slow ring: Tweet — Twitter API (@user) date[/quote] UPDATE 7/5: We have released KB4034450 to Windows Insiders in the Slow ring which supersedes KB4022716 and includes a single fix for an issue causing some laptops to boot to a black screen. Hello Windows Insiders, If...