Windows 10: Unable to update Microsoft Store from Windows 10S mode

Discus and support Unable to update Microsoft Store from Windows 10S mode in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; having a issue trying to update windows 10s to windows 10 home so I download apps. Tried to change it in settings. Sent me to the Microsoft store to... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by dave_462, Dec 23, 2018.

1. dave_462 Win User

Unable to update Microsoft Store from Windows 10S mode

having a issue trying to update windows 10s to windows 10 home so I download apps. Tried to change it in settings. Sent me to the Microsoft store to download for free. Could not download due to saying need to update Microsoft store. will not update the store.

***Modified title from cannot update microsoft store to go from windows 10s to windows 10 home***

:)

dave_462, Dec 23, 2018
  2. qubit Win User

Windows 10 KB3213986 Update Cripples Multi-monitor Gaming

This should be enough to get the conspiracy theorists suggesting that Microsoft is intentionally crippling multi-monitor support in fullscreen mode since games sold on the Microsoft Store all work in the pseudo-fullscreen mode...

Or it could just be an idiotic bug that will be fixed in time.

qubit, Dec 23, 2018
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows 10 Update

Well just noticed a pretty large one pop up coming in at 914MB, seems it makes some pretty serous updates.

KB3172985
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3172985

This security update includes improvements and fixes in the functionality of Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4. It also resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows:

• 3175677 MS16-094: Security update for secure boot: July 12, 2016
    • 3174060 MS16-093: Security update for Adobe Flash Player: July 12, 2016
    • 3171910 MS16-092: Security update for Windows Kernel: July 12, 2016
    • 3170048 MS16-091: Security update for .Net Framework: July 12, 2016
    • 3171481 MS16-090: Security update for Kernel Mode Drivers: July 12, 2016
    • 3170050 MS16-089: Security update for Windows secure kernel mode: July 12, 2016
    • 3170005 MS16-087: Security update for the Microsoft Print Spooler: July 12, 2016
    • 3169999 MS16-085: Cumulative security update for Microsoft Edge: July 12, 2016
    • 3169991 MS16-084: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: July 12, 2016

AsRock, Dec 23, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Dec 23, 2018
Thema:

1. Unable to update Microsoft Store from Windows 10S mode - Similar Threads - Unable update Microsoft

2. Unable to download/update apps from Microsoft Store.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to download/update apps from Microsoft Store.: I keep having the code 0x80070005 and my dad tried to help me, but to no avail, so now I've been tasked with finding a new solution for this problem.I have tried:- Giving myself full permissions- Reinstalling Microsoft Store kept saying that it couldn't find a path and that...
  3. Unable to download/update apps from Microsoft Store.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to download/update apps from Microsoft Store.: I keep having the code 0x80070005 and my dad tried to help me, but to no avail, so now I've been tasked with finding a new solution for this problem.I have tried:- Giving myself full permissions- Reinstalling Microsoft Store kept saying that it couldn't find a path and that...
  4. Windows 10s mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10s mode: Hi I recently got a hp laptop witch came with windows 10s I switch out 10s mode but I need to return the laptop to the store if I reset factory settings will it put me back in 10s mode ....
  5. Microsoft 10s

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft 10s: I understand MS10s does not allow download of applications not sold in MS store, including Quicken, which is the app i use for my personal accounting. Can i turn “S” off, download the software, and turn “S” back on. Is the process to turn “S” uncomplicated for a non savvy...
  6. Uninstall McAfee LiveSafe from Windows 10S mode (without leaving 10S mode)

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Uninstall McAfee LiveSafe from Windows 10S mode (without leaving 10S mode): I have here a brand new Lenovo Ideapad D330 (intended for an old lady) that has Windows 10 S v1803 preinstalled - and 10S is on purpose! Part of the preinstallation is McAfee LiveSafe (using at least 886 MB on disk - cf. settings/programs). As Windows 10S mode has to be...
  7. Unable to update Instagram from Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to update Instagram from Microsoft Store: Open Start > Settings > Apps > Apps & features Scroll down to Instagram Select it Click Advanced options Click Reset Restart Check the Store for updates it still not helping ***Modified title from: instagram not updating***...
  8. Unable to switch out of Windows 10S mode.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to switch out of Windows 10S mode.: new ASUS, vivo book. came with 10s. on the "switch out of 10 s" page in the store, the GET button is not there. How do I proceed? ***Modified Title from: Windows 10 s***...
  9. cannot update microsoft store to go from windows 10s to windows 10 home

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    cannot update microsoft store to go from windows 10s to windows 10 home: having a issue trying to update windows 10s to windows 10 home so I download apps. Tried to change it in settings. Sent me to the Microsoft store to download for free. Could not download due to saying need to update Microsoft store. will not update the store....
  10. Windows 10S update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10S update: My Surface Laptop which uses Windows 10S updated for the first time today since I purchased it and following the update, I have lost all my apps except for mail and store - which infact are not visible or search-able, but rather if I hover over where they were placed on my...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to update microsoft store

2. you are unable to switch out of s mode on this version of microsoft store

3. unable to start cmd on windows 10s

4. s mode update store,
  5. microsoft unable to update,
  6. unable to update ms store in win 10,
  7. manually get windows 10 out of s mode,
  8. switch out of s mode online,
  9. update microsoft store switch windows 10s,
  10. microsoft store not updating for s mode,
  11. windows store blank s mode,
  12. update windows 10s to windows 10 home,
  13. update windows 10s to windows 10,
  14. cannot update windows 10s microsoft store,
  15. unable to run cmd in windows 10 have to run form the apps store?