Windows 10: Unable to update my pc for last two months

Discus and support Unable to update my pc for last two months in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Well, I know I should have been here a bit sooner, but anyway. Two months ago, I was turning off my mid-spec notebook and updates started running, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ArkySK, May 23, 2020.

1. /u/ArkySK Win User

Unable to update my pc for last two months

Well, I know I should have been here a bit sooner, but anyway.

Two months ago, I was turning off my mid-spec notebook and updates started running, I let them run and have gone brush my teeth meanwhile... I get back....pc turned off....head to bed.

Next day when I launch my Asus pc, message under the Asus logo pops up in style like: we have problem launching, etc.. searching for problems...

Then it turns off and I launch it again, then it says that there were problems with the updates -- reverting changes..

Then computer boots up and everything is alright. Sometimes it took 3 or maybe 4 boots to load like that. From then I just kept postponing updates.

Then I chose to take the manner into my hands look it up on the internet, suggestion was to pop every device like speaker or screen out before updating, so I did that. Something changed, but it wasn´t what I wanted, now notebook booted, but when it booted, I have only seen my cursor and black screen. So I looked up how to launch windows into safe mode and reverted updates manually again.

I don´t know what to do anymore, how can I solve this issue ? Feel free to ask questions, I should be able to answer them in the matter of hours.

submitted by /u/ArkySK
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ArkySK, May 23, 2020

2. Update Windows 10 after 5 months in storage?

Hi Nitram,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about installing the latest updates on your device.

Do let us know the following to assist you better:

• Which were the updates you found to be installed on youe device?
    • Did you check if those update are already installed under View installed updates?
    • What exactly do you mean by: "My PC has been in storage for 5 months"?

Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to check if those updates are already installed:

Follow:

• Right click on the Start button and select Programs and Features.
    • Click on View installed updates.

Step 2: Disable anti-virus software.

NOTE: Antivirus software can help protect your computer against viruses and other security threats. In most cases, you shouldn't disable your antivirus software. If you have to temporarily disable it to install
    other software, you should re-enable it as soon as you're done. If you're connected to the Internet or a network while your antivirus software is disabled, your computer is vulnerable to attacks.

If the issue still persists, I suggest you to uninstall the anti-virus software.

Step 3: I suggest you to
    run Windows Update troubleshooter

Windows Update troubleshooter resolves problems that prevents you from updating windows.

Steps:

• Press Windows + X, click on Control Panel, select
      Category and then select Large or Small icons.
    • Click on Troubleshooting and click on
      View all in the left pane.
    • Select Windows Update to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter
      and follow the on-screen instructions.

Hope it helps. Try the above and get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, May 23, 2020
  3. PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, May 23, 2020
  4. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Unable to update my pc for last two months :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, May 23, 2020
Thema:

1. Unable to update my pc for last two months - Similar Threads - Unable update last

2. For the last two months I am trying to find a away to delete the windows update files...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    For the last two months I am trying to find a away to delete the windows update files...: For the last two months I am trying to find a away to delete the windows update files 21.8GB attached image.Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/for-the-last-two-months-i-am-trying-to-find-a-away/e486c836-adb0-4495-82b2-093499cfad9f
  3. i'm having Trouble in camera since last two months.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i'm having Trouble in camera since last two months.: Camera is not working, it is showing that camera is not connected, please rectify as soon as possible, need this support. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-having-trouble-in-camera-since-last-two-months/ed0021ed-324c-4e5e-8540-fad3c65a40c9
  4. i'm having Trouble in camera since last two months.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i'm having Trouble in camera since last two months.: Camera is not working, it is showing that camera is not connected, please rectify as soon as possible, need this support. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/im-having-trouble-in-camera-since-last-two-months/ed0021ed-324c-4e5e-8540-fad3c65a40c9
  5. Getting these two errors the last month Windows Defender. Is there a fix?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Getting these two errors the last month Windows Defender. Is there a fix?: I just rebooted my PC been a few days since last reboot I see these 2 events from 2/27 in Event Viewer. Event 7011 -- A timeout 30000 milliseconds was reached while waiting for a transaction response from the WinDefend service.Event 7046 -- The following service has...
  6. two updates the last week of june

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    two updates the last week of june: My pc has to be logged in every time so I always know when I am inflicted with a update. I got one in the last week of june and my browser started crashing. At that time it was only crashing my browser. I was using the ccleaner browser so I then tried chrome and it was no...
  7. my windows defender is not updating from last 2 month

my windows defender is not updating from last 2 month: my windows defender is not updating from last 2 month https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-defender-is-not-updating-from-last-2/9cc2680c-dc84-4e79-9b8e-63e0406fcd62
  8. UNABLE TO GET MONTHLY UPDATES

UNABLE TO GET MONTHLY UPDATES: [ATTACH] I AM GETTING THIS ERROR FOR WHILE I CHECK FOR UPDATES. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-get-monthly-updates/b434133d-d53a-4971-8398-c6ecee72a994
  9. unable to install any printer for last 6 months

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    unable to install any printer for last 6 months: Hello, My wife and I have the same Asus ROG laptops. Her computer works with any printer no issue. mine has stopped communicating, installing, or finding any printer about 6 months ago. I have tried our Epson, I have tried our HP and both wifi and USB configurations on...
  10. Last Two Windows Updates

Last Two Windows Updates: The last two automatic major windows updates have been a pain in the butt, causing several programs/apps to significantly slow down or even stop working properly altogether. Something that the computer would do almost instantaneously before, now can take anywhere from 10...