Windows 10: UNABLE TO UPDATE MY WINDOWS

Discus and support UNABLE TO UPDATE MY WINDOWS in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi everyone, Please I have been unable to update my windows since I installed it. It keeps showing the error below: (0x80070422) I have repeatedly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by UbongEkperikpe, Sep 12, 2019.

1. UNABLE TO UPDATE MY WINDOWS

Hi everyone,

Please I have been unable to update my windows since I installed it. It keeps showing the error below:

(0x80070422)

I have repeatedly done troubleshooting without success. Please any helpful suggestions?

:)

UbongEkperikpe, Sep 12, 2019
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond UNABLE TO UPDATE MY WINDOWS :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Sep 12, 2019
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Sep 12, 2019
  4. UNABLE TO UPDATE MY WINDOWS

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Sep 12, 2019
Thema:

UNABLE TO UPDATE MY WINDOWS

1. UNABLE TO UPDATE MY WINDOWS - Similar Threads - UNABLE UPDATE

2. Error code 0x80073712 Unable to install Windows Updates, Error code 0x80073712. I have...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error code 0x80073712 Unable to install Windows Updates, Error code 0x80073712. I have...: Error code 0x80073712. I have tried various solutions, including running the update troubleshooter, running DISM and SFC tools, scanning for malware etc, reinstalling windows. I've even tried to manually download for the update catalog, but installation fails. When I...
  3. Unable to Print After after doing a MS patch update - KB4524148

Unable to Print After after doing a MS patch update - KB4524148: Office Ricoh printer unable to ping after after doing a MS patch update - KB4524148. Please suggest to fix this issue. Printer: Ricoh 3503 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-print-after-after-doing-a-ms-patch/b1eb61ce-2fdb-48a4-a171-67d477f2d135
  4. Unable to use printers after updating to 18999

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to use printers after updating to 18999: I upgraded to build 18999 last week. All the printing functions broke down since then. and the rolling back to last version has expired. I cannot connect to printers nor use printing as pdf. Printing is totally messed up. Can any one help me? ***Modified title from:...
  5. Windows 10 after update unable to type \\\ coming automatically

Windows 10 after update unable to type \\\ coming automatically: After Windows 10 Update, Unable to even Login. It is coming \\\ on password area and anywhere when we try to type. System Restore done to previous month. Still problem unsolved. Please advise...
  6. Unable to Reserve the System Partition/ Update from W10 V.1607

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to Reserve the System Partition/ Update from W10 V.1607: Windows Version: 1607 (OS Build 14393.2214) So for the past few months I have been attempting to update my version of windows and kept being met with the same failure suggesting that my computer was unable to reserve the system partition for the update. However when I...
  7. Unable to connect to NAS drive after installing Windows updates

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to connect to NAS drive after installing Windows updates: Microsoft has desabled the protocolo SMB1 for my Buffalo LS220D, and I don´t know how to enable protocol SMB2 needed to work with that LS ***Original title: No connection to my Buffalo LS220D after last Windods 10 Update***...
  8. After win10 update unable to connect to internet.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    After win10 update unable to connect to internet.: I updated my laptop last night and since then I cant connect to the internet. I've tried flushing the DNA server and looked into rolling back the driver update but as there is no net connection I cant get the laptop to search for a driver. I resent the fact that as this is an...
  9. Unable to print after installing Windows updates

Unable to print after installing Windows updates: After installing the windows 10 update on 10/04/2019 any print button will not print. Computer goes back to start up menu. ***Original title: Cannot print after windows 10 update on 10/04/2019??***...
  10. Unable to print after latest Windows update

Unable to print after latest Windows update: Curtailed printer access seems to be a common problem, from what I see on the forums. Here is my situation: Lenovo desktop running Windows 10; HP OfficeJet Pro 6968; all Lenovo operating software and drivers up-to-date as of today; all HP drivers up-to-date as of today....