Windows 10: Unable to update or reinstall preinstalled apps from the microsoft store in Windows 11

Discus and support Unable to update or reinstall preinstalled apps from the microsoft store in Windows 11 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So, I've recently faced an issue of the black screen with only the cursor. I've tried many things and finally reset my laptop. But now, I am not able... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Surya.Boddu, Nov 11, 2021.

1. Unable to update or reinstall preinstalled apps from the microsoft store in Windows 11

So, I've recently faced an issue of the black screen with only the cursor. I've tried many things and finally reset my laptop. But now, I am not able to update any preinstalled apps or reinstall them after I've uninstalled them.I am not understanding what the problem is, help me.

:)

Surya.Boddu, Nov 11, 2021
  2. P4-630 Win User

Microsoft is purging a lot of low quality apps from the Windows Store

"Microsoft is sending emails to some Windows Store developers informing them that their apps have been removed from the Store for violating its quality standards."

"Neowin reports that app developers have been receiving these emails over the past couple of days:

In its latest review of the Store, Microsoft is evaluating if the published apps are good enough to be listed in the Windows Store. This includes publicly available apps as well as private beta apps. Additionally, Microsoft is also asking developers to delete any promotional campaigns for their apps to prevent advertising charges. Similarly, app name reservations are also being nullified; which means that if your app is unpublished, there's no guarantee that you'll be able to republish it under the same name.

Officially, the policies for the Microsoft Store says that apps must have "distinct and informative metadata" and "provide a valuable and quality user experience". There are also some specific standards that must be in the apps, including having a name that is not similar to another app or device, along with offering a description that is accurate about its features and functions.

There have certainly been many Windows Store users who have complained over the years about the large number of apps published that are clones of other apps or ones that are simply poorly made. Hopefully, this new move by Microsoft will help to curb these issues, at least for now.
    "

Microsoft is purging a lot of low quality apps from the Windows Store | Windows Central

P4-630, Nov 11, 2021
  3. dmccoy Win User
    dmccoy, Nov 11, 2021
  4. Unable to update or reinstall preinstalled apps from the microsoft store in Windows 11

Microsoft Talks Windows App Store, Sets Windows 8 Beta Release for February 2012

Yesterday at a developer/preview event in San Francisco, Microsoft Corp. has provided the first real details on the Windows app store and 'slipped' out the fact that the Windows 8 Beta will be outed in late February 2012. The Windows Store will debut in the upcoming beta release and is set to be the 'single source' of Metro-style apps.

Built using HTML5 and JavaScript, the Windows Store app boasts a fluid, easy-to-navigate interface that promotes the latest and most popular apps, and is scheduled to be available in 231 countries, supporting no less than 100 languages.

Unable to update or reinstall preinstalled apps from the microsoft store in Windows 11 event_windowsstore01_web_thm.jpg

Unable to update or reinstall preinstalled apps from the microsoft store in Windows 11 event_windowsstore02_web_thm.jpg

According to Microsoft, the Windows Store is designed to be the main hub for discovering free and paid apps for Windows 8 but users will also be able to find apps through search engines (Bing will have the whole app catalog archived) and on websites (courtesy of a built-in promotion method supported by Internet Explorer 10).

Unable to update or reinstall preinstalled apps from the microsoft store in Windows 11 3808_windows20store_2_thm.png

Unable to update or reinstall preinstalled apps from the microsoft store in Windows 11 2604.free20trials20with20in-app20purchasing_2_thm.png

Unable to update or reinstall preinstalled apps from the microsoft store in Windows 11 8838.third20party20transaction20platforms20-20daily20telegraph_2_thm.png

Microsoft will allow paid Windows apps to cost from $1.49 upwards and will give developers 70% of revenue. If the app makes $25,000 then the Redmond company will hike the developer payout to 80% of every dollar of revenue earned. To entice devs even more, Microsoft is promising a very flexible business model which allows for in-app purchases, third-party transaction platforms, and the use of any ad platform.

To access the Windows Store, individual developers will be required to sign up for a $49/year subscription. Companies will pay $99 per year.

To get the app party started Microsoft has announced the First Apps contest which will allow eight (free) apps to be very first apps in the Windows Store when it opens. More details are available here.

Cristian_25H, Nov 11, 2021
Thema:

Unable to update or reinstall preinstalled apps from the microsoft store in Windows 11

1. Unable to update or reinstall preinstalled apps from the microsoft store in Windows 11 - Similar Threads - Unable update reinstall

2. unable to reinstall the app from microsoft store.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to reinstall the app from microsoft store.: I used whatsapp beta windows app, then it was crashed while an update. and i uninstall the app and, try to reinstall it. but microsoft store shows me that the app is already have on my PC. It shows a msg on the screen "You Own This App". The Screenshot of the Microsoft store...
  3. unable to reinstall the app from microsoft store.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unable to reinstall the app from microsoft store.: I used whatsapp beta windows app, then it was crashed while an update. and i uninstall the app and, try to reinstall it. but microsoft store shows me that the app is already have on my PC. It shows a msg on the screen "You Own This App". The Screenshot of the Microsoft store...
  4. unable to reinstall the app from microsoft store.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  5. Unable to download/update apps from Microsoft Store.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to download/update apps from Microsoft Store.: I keep having the code 0x80070005 and my dad tried to help me, but to no avail, so now I've been tasked with finding a new solution for this problem.I have tried:- Giving myself full permissions- Reinstalling Microsoft Store kept saying that it couldn't find a path and that...
  6. Unable to download/update apps from Microsoft Store.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to download/update apps from Microsoft Store.: I keep having the code 0x80070005 and my dad tried to help me, but to no avail, so now I've been tasked with finding a new solution for this problem.I have tried:- Giving myself full permissions- Reinstalling Microsoft Store kept saying that it couldn't find a path and that...
  7. Unable to download/update apps from Microsoft Store.

8. Windows 11 Unable to update apps in Microsoft Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Unable to update apps in Microsoft Store: Windows 11 unable to update apps in Microsoft Store - error something happened on our end https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-unable-to-update-apps-in-microsoft/023ca2af-f182-4b56-92b0-e760a78f3427
  9. Windows 11 Unable to update apps in Microsoft Store

Windows 11 Unable to update apps in Microsoft Store: Windows 11 unable to update apps in Microsoft Store - error something happened on our end https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-unable-to-update-apps-in-microsoft/023ca2af-f182-4b56-92b0-e760a78f3427
  10. Unable to update or reinstall preinstalled apps from the microsoft store in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to update or reinstall preinstalled apps from the microsoft store in Windows 11: So, I've recently faced an issue of the black screen with only the cursor. I've tried many things and finally reset my laptop. But now, I am not able to update any preinstalled apps or reinstall them after I've uninstalled them.I am not understanding what the problem is, help...