Windows 10: unable to update or reinstall windows 10

Discus and support unable to update or reinstall windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi there,this is a problem i have had for nearly 2 years. I have been unable to update windows 10 since 1803.I had been chattin to various microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by wolveslover, Jun 1, 2020.

1. unable to update or reinstall windows 10

Hi there,this is a problem i have had for nearly 2 years.

I have been unable to update windows 10 since 1803.I had been chattin to various microsoft online advisors,nd they done remote access of my system,and were unable to get it to update.They finally suggested reinstalling windows.I didnt want to go down that road as it seemed like a big move.

Anyway,i recently decide to look into this again,as windows always trying to update to latest version.it stops after around 64 percent install.

I have tried loads of different solutions,i was on to the chat guys again and again they finally suggest reinstalling.

so i have tried all the reinstall options,and it always fails.

i went back on the online chat to see if any of them could suggest anything different.this guy then asks what motherboard i have.its an asus M4A89GTDPRO/USB3. AND WHAT DO YOU KNOW,OF COURSE HE SAYS THATS THE PROBLEM,THAT THE MOTHERBAORD IS INCOMPATIBLE.

surely someone has this motherboard and is able to run latest windows 10 on it.

If i knew for sure that it was the motherboard,then i would get different one,but there are a few other things goin on with pc that makes me think its something else.

1.sometimes when i start the pc the start menu dosent work,i.e when i click on it i get message saying sorry start menu is not working at this time.

2.at these times the search box wont let me type anything.

3.sometime when i boot pc it says unable to log into my user account and that signing into current account i may lose some work,i sign into this other account anyway and windows starts,with less desktop icons than were on my account.

4. i have tried all reinstall methods,and it always fails.

5. today i tried again the refresh windows tool,and i got the error message saying "this tool cant upgrade your pc.the language or edition of the version of windows that is currently installed on your pc isnt supported by this tool.

6.DISM. When i run this,as admin,i get the error insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service

surely this cant be all related to the motherboard!!

please o please someone help.thanks

:)

wolveslover, Jun 1, 2020
  2. MrGenius Win User

[Solved] Windows 10 keeps reinstalling KB3119142

I noticed quite some time ago that KB3119142 (Update for Microsoft Visual C++ 2012 Update 4 Redistributable Package) kept reinstalling itself for some reason. At least once daily. Sometimes up to several times a day. I just ignored it. It didn't seem to be doing any harm. And I figured they'd eventually fix it. Well...days turned into weeks, weeks into months, with no end to the problem in sight. It dragged on unsolved for at least the last few months. Literally reinstalling itself hundreds of(at least a hundred, felt like more) times in that period of time.

So I finally googled it a couple days ago. And just got around to fixing it today. Which appears to have worked. And it couldn't have been easier to do. I feel so stupid to have let it intimidate me for so long.*Oops! unable to update or reinstall windows 10 :oops:
    Below are links to the thread that I got the fix idea from, and the official MS support info page for KB3119142(from which I quoted the above).
    http://www.tenforums.com/windows-up...-windows-10-keeps-reinstalling-kb3119142.html
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3119142

MrGenius, Jun 1, 2020
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond unable to update or reinstall windows 10 :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jun 1, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

unable to update or reinstall windows 10

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 1, 2020
Thema:

unable to update or reinstall windows 10

1. unable to update or reinstall windows 10 - Similar Threads - unable update reinstall

2. Unable to reinstall windows 10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to reinstall windows 10.: Something i've not experienced before.This all started with a user having Blue Screen crashes. First step i took was to update windows 10, i was halted here by 2 errors one being 0x8007000d the other i dont have to hand.I ran sfc /scannow on the drive but this always blue...
  3. Unable to reinstall windows 10.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to reinstall windows 10.: Something i've not experienced before.This all started with a user having Blue Screen crashes. First step i took was to update windows 10, i was halted here by 2 errors one being 0x8007000d the other i dont have to hand.I ran sfc /scannow on the drive but this always blue...
  4. Unable to reinstall windows 10.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Unable to reinstall Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to reinstall Windows 10: I'm trying to reinstall Windows 10, but whenever I run setup.exe from the installation USB I made, I get a notification that reads "Sorry, we're having trouble determining if your PC can run Windows 10."Currently, I am unable to open my start menu or any system settings when...
  6. Unable to reinstall Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to reinstall Windows 10: I'm trying to reinstall Windows 10, but whenever I run setup.exe from the installation USB I made, I get a notification that reads "Sorry, we're having trouble determining if your PC can run Windows 10."Currently, I am unable to open my start menu or any system settings when...
  7. Unable to reinstall Windows 10

8. Unable to reinstall Windows 10

Unable to reinstall Windows 10: I cannot reinstall Windows 10 via Microsoft ISO because it got stuck during downloading. Can you help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-reinstall-windows-10/639f80a1-fd69-4aea-b196-88e79106d607
  9. Unable to reinstall windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to reinstall windows 10: I decided to do a reinstall of windows 10 using installation media to help clean my computer. I followed the instructions getting it onto a external usb then opening up the setup.exe, however i always get stuck having it say it is unable to reinstall as my intel RST drivers...
  10. Unable to update or reinstall Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to update or reinstall Windows 10.: Hi Team, My PC has been rather slow these days and I have tried updating and reinstalling Windows 1809 multiple times to no avail. I get an error 0x8007001f using the standard update functionality under settings. I tried to do a fresh install multiple times but I keep...