Windows 10: Unable to update PC through windows update.

Discus and support Unable to update PC through windows update. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello Everyone. I'm new here and I have a problem with my PC. I can no longer update my PC using hotspot from my phone. This wasn't a problem sometime... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by elijah_theo, Aug 24, 2019.

1. Unable to update PC through windows update.

Hello Everyone. I'm new here and I have a problem with my PC. I can no longer update my PC using hotspot from my phone. This wasn't a problem sometime ago. Everytime I connect to the hotspot on my phone, it say "Connected but no Internet". Though it says this I can still access the internet using any browser and do pretty much anything except downloading updates. Whenever I try to update using the hotspot it always says "Pending download" even when I can still access the internet using other software. This is not a problem when I use a router or a MiFi. I have no connection problems using my router or portable WiFi hotspot. I have tried resetting the network, using the troubleshooter which always says "Not signed into network". I have tried using the command prompt which the windows virtual assistant run me through, all to no avail. Is there any other way of downloading updates? Can the Media creation tool download windows updates such as security or cumulative updates? Or is there any solution to the problem I am having?

:)

elijah_theo, Aug 24, 2019
  2. AsRock Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Aug 24, 2019
  3. HAT
    hat Win User
    Windows Update suddenly hangs?

Windows Update is suddenly hanging for some reason... I went and downloaded and installed the first bunch of updates, restarted when asked, and now when I go back to windows update I just get the window with a white box forever. Reboot and it still does it. This happens to be on my main machine, running windows 7.

I've also noticed when I reboot it says configuring windows update, step 3 of 3, 47%. Maybe it somehow skipped something and is screwed forever?

4. Unable to update PC through windows update.

Unable to Update Intel Graphics Drivers

I'm having a bit of a hard time with this driver update. Currently I'm on 10.18.10.4425 and need to update to 15.33.43.4425 however partway through the process the PC locks up and is unable to continue. I'm using the update tool I downloaded from the website so there shoud be no problems right?

This is where it locks up:

The_Silver_Nuke, Aug 24, 2019
Thema:

Unable to update PC through windows update.

1. Unable to update PC through windows update. - Similar Threads - Unable update through

2. Windows Update makes my pc unable to use internet through ethernet and wifi

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update makes my pc unable to use internet through ethernet and wifi: So, my pc has Windows 10 and yesterday there was the minor windows update my pc has done itself when I restarted my pc. After the restart, my pc has no access to internet via both ethernet and Wifi , at first I thought it was my wifi problem, then I realized that my wifi on...
  3. Windows Update makes my pc unable to use internet through ethernet and wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update makes my pc unable to use internet through ethernet and wifi: So, my pc has Windows 10 and yesterday there was the minor windows update my pc has done itself when I restarted my pc. After the restart, my pc has no access to internet via both ethernet and Wifi , at first I thought it was my wifi problem, then I realized that my wifi on...
  4. Windows Update makes my pc unable to use internet through ethernet and wifi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unable to get the update through Windows Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to get the update through Windows Update: I am running Windows 11 Canary on my one laptop. For the last few days, I have been unable to get the update by Windows Update.Is there another way to get updated when Windows Update doesn't work?There is no error message, nothing it just says no update. This is very...
  6. Unable to get the update through Windows Update

Unable to get the update through Windows Update: I am running Windows 11 Canary on my one laptop. For the last few days, I have been unable to get the update by Windows Update.Is there another way to get updated when Windows Update doesn't work?There is no error message, nothing it just says no update. This is very...
  7. unable to update users pc

unable to update users pc: Hello, Having issues upgrading users on older Windows 10 OS 1709-1909 to newer OS versions. Getting various error messages. I wanted to know what are deciding factors regarding OS upgrades? I understand the space requirements. IS there also hardware requirements for the later...
  8. Unable to download Windows 11 OS Updates, or downloads/ updates through the xbox app, and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to download Windows 11 OS Updates, or downloads/ updates through the xbox app, and...: List of things I've done and have failed.- Deleted temporary files @ C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\DataStoreC:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download- used wsreset- run troubleshooters no problems detected- reset the store and xbox app- re-install the store and xbox app-...
  9. Unable to update PC 0x800f0922

Unable to update PC 0x800f0922: It's been a while since I can't update my PC, and it was fine until recently when it started bothering me it tries to update and then undoes the changes.I don't want to reinstall Windows.Windows 10 Version 2004 OS Build 19041.388...
  10. Unable to update pc

Unable to update pc: I am unable to update pc. It restarts to apply updates, goes till 30%, and then testarts again. While boot, it shows me "your windows insoder preview ran into a problem and we need to restart. The error code is 0xc000021a. After that computer shuts down. Later when I start...