Windows 10: Unable to Update, Reset, or Uninstall Microsoft News

Discus and support Unable to Update, Reset, or Uninstall Microsoft News in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, today I logged into my Bootcamp partition on my MacBook Pro. I opened the MS Store to update my apps and checked for Windows updates. A fair... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DrMacintosh01, Aug 22, 2020.

1. Unable to Update, Reset, or Uninstall Microsoft News

Hello, today I logged into my Bootcamp partition on my MacBook Pro. I opened the MS Store to update my apps and checked for Windows updates. A fair number of apps from the Store updated and installed successfully but then noticed that the Microsoft News app was stuck at downloading 130Kb. I waited a few minutes and there was no change. The app opens and runs fine, but I just can't modify it and its really getting on my nerves. Applications should not be this complicated, macOS has a infinitely superior OS design. On macOS I could simply drag the .app into the Trash. For some reason Microsoft it their infinite wisdom has made dealing with UWP apps harder than it ever should have been.

I was annoyed to I opened the apps section in settings to remove the app altogether so I could reinstall it, but the process just stalls and nothing happens. I tried again from the start menu but nothing happens as well. I then proceeded to go into the advanced settings to maybe reset the app and then install it....but of course the reset process just spins forever and nothing happens.

I found a older thread where a user had a similar issue: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...red-cant/b3891326-d68f-470a-98ae-3f1ad851665d

I'm very proficient in diagnosing problems and the steps I should take when it comes to troubleshooting. Naturally the first thing I did was launch terminal and performed a scan using DISM.exe and sfc /SCANNOW. Both came back showing now integrity violations.

Seeking a nuclear option at this point I downloaded this program to remove the Microsoft News App:

https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/scriptcenter/Windows-10-Store-Apps-5f60b9e3

When I attempted the uninstall the app, the program locked up and became unresponsive.

So what do I do at this point? My operating system is not corrupt, the app technically works, I just cannot update or change the application in any way. Also why is Windows 10 Designed to cause the most frustration possible for its users? I really don't understand why anyone would want to use this operating system on a mission critical device when something as simple as removing a 30.5MB app can be this difficult. I hope that Apple Silicon kills the Windows based laptop market.

:)

DrMacintosh01, Aug 22, 2020

2. How do you uninstall chipset drivers?

I'm installing a new mobo so I need to uninstall the intel 865g drivers to make way for the P35 drivers.

Can't find any uninstall options in add/remove programs and intel chipset inst listed in driver cleaner.

Any suggestions? *Confused Unable to Update, Reset, or Uninstall Microsoft News :confused:

oli_ramsay, Aug 22, 2020
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    Uninstalled apps stuck "installing" in Microsoft Store (MSN News)

Hi Will,

A corrupted Microsoft Store cache is one of the possible reasons why some apps are stuck in an "installing phase" when you try to uninstall them. We suggest that you try running the
    Windows App troubleshooter to troubleshoot the issue.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you reset the Microsoft Store cache. You can follow the steps below to reset the Microsoft Store cache:

• Press Windows + R keys to open the run
      command
      box.
    • Type WSReset, then try launching Microsoft Store and sign in.

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Aug 22, 2020
  4. Unable to Update, Reset, or Uninstall Microsoft News

Unable to uninstall windows update

Oops..!! this particular tool (wushowhide) wasn't able to detect updates to be hid because I had the Windows Update service disable.

But even after enabling the service, the tool was able to detect the updates that we can hide but they are not the ones which were recently applied in my system and I want to hide them. Instead, it displays the driver related updates which I don't want to hide.
    I have attached screenshots of both the wushowhide and the Uninstall Windows update page.

Unable to Update, Reset, or Uninstall Microsoft News [​IMG]

Unable to Update, Reset, or Uninstall Microsoft News [​IMG]

sunny10rocz, Aug 22, 2020
Thema:

Unable to Update, Reset, or Uninstall Microsoft News

1. Unable to Update, Reset, or Uninstall Microsoft News - Similar Threads - Unable Update Reset

2. uninstall widget news

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    uninstall widget news: Hello, How to uninstall / remove widget news thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uninstall-widget-news/52454689-d916-417a-b8ae-b20a2cdcd99b
  3. uninstall widget news

in Windows 10 Gaming
    uninstall widget news: Hello, How to uninstall / remove widget news thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uninstall-widget-news/52454689-d916-417a-b8ae-b20a2cdcd99b
  4. Im unable to uninstall/update drivers aswell as im unable to update or reset my pc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Im unable to uninstall/update drivers aswell as im unable to update or reset my pc: Initially there was a problem with my audio; I was unable to hear anything. then as I used many methods including reinstalling an Audio Controller OED and after that I was unable to the things Stated in my question, Please Help....
  5. UNINSTALL all of Microsoft FEEDS news and feeds parts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UNINSTALL all of Microsoft FEEDS news and feeds parts: Windows 10Version 21H1OSBuild : 19042.1706I keep seeing FEEDS appear in my task manager. I have disabled ALL the functions for FEEDSWhat is the command line powershell or dos to REMOVE all of FEEDS so it can never run again.I don't ever want to see it load, I don't ever want...
  6. UNINSTALL all of Microsoft FEEDS news and feeds parts

UNINSTALL all of Microsoft FEEDS news and feeds parts: Windows 10Version 21H1OSBuild : 19042.1706I keep seeing FEEDS appear in my task manager. I have disabled ALL the functions for FEEDSWhat is the command line powershell or dos to REMOVE all of FEEDS so it can never run again.I don't ever want to see it load, I don't ever want...
  7. UNINSTALL all of Microsoft FEEDS news and feeds parts

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. I can't uninstall Microsoft News

I can't uninstall Microsoft News: Hello all - somehow (I must have clicked on something) I now have Microsoft News in my taskbar and want to get rid of it because it's in my way. Just passing my cursor past it causes the big page to block what I'm doing. I've searched for ways to uninstall MS News app but it...
  9. Unable to uninstall Microsoft Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Unable to uninstall Microsoft Account: I don't know if the above question is associated with removing the Microsoft Account password or something else. I am getting error that say my password has expired. I am unable to log into outlook or excel and many other Microsoft products. Microsoft says I should check my...
  10. How to uninstall Microsoft News App in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to uninstall Microsoft News App in Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Every day is an essential part of everyone’s life. If you always use a Windows 10 laptop or desktop, Microsoft News is an excellent source of daily news and the breaking news which needs your attention. However, as always, many [...] This post How to...