Windows 10: Unable to update to 1909

Discus and support Unable to update to 1909 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am currently running Windows 10, build number 1809 and I was looking to update due to this version's older release date. In "Windows Update" in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ThSlipperyKraken, Jul 10, 2020.

1. Unable to update to 1909

I am currently running Windows 10, build number 1809 and I was looking to update due to this version's older release date. In "Windows Update" in "Update & Security" of settings, it says "Feature update to Windows 10, version 1909" but when I start this, it gets stuck at 0% then says "Status: We could not complete the install because an update service was shutting down."

I have restarted my computer and attempted this update multiple times.

How can solve this issue?

I know that build 2004 is out, but the latest build supported by a certain application I have is 1909.

Unable to update to 1909 8b8d6426-d3e1-467a-b5bd-73d8cd5e0fb5?upload=true.png

:)

ThSlipperyKraken, Jul 10, 2020
  2. deving Win User

User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

deving, Jul 10, 2020
  3. Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary drive not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, Jul 10, 2020
  4. Gib G Win User

Unable to update to 1909

Update issues with Win10 Version 1909

Hi.

Tried all the steps listed and result afterwards is the same. Still fails and uninstalls the update. Any other suggestions?

Gib

Gib G, Jul 10, 2020
Thema:

Unable to update to 1909

1. Unable to update to 1909 - Similar Threads - Unable update 1909

2. Unable to update past version 1909 18363.959

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to update past version 1909 18363.959: Good morning, tried to update a computer to last version but windows update is broken see image and I can't find any solution that fixes it. When tried to update by media creation or by ISO error showsimage: we are having problems to determine if the computer can run windows...
  3. Unable to update past version 1909 18363.959

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to update past version 1909 18363.959: Good morning, tried to update a computer to last version but windows update is broken see image and I can't find any solution that fixes it. When tried to update by media creation or by ISO error showsimage: we are having problems to determine if the computer can run windows...
  4. Unable to update windows 10 past 1909

Unable to update windows 10 past 1909: I have a Lenovo Idea centre A10520-22AST that will not update past version1909 , I have checked on Lenovo site and it supports all later versions and this model has been tested against subsequent versions of windows 10 .I have tried the up date assistant , media creation tool...
  5. Unable to update from 1909

Unable to update from 1909: last year i tried to upgrade from 1909 to 2004 but the update kept failing, i didn't really think much of it, tried multiple times and just gave up. Then 20H2 came around and I gave that a try but that also failed, and its always a different error message. I included...
  6. Unable to update from 1909, error 0xc1900101

Unable to update from 1909, error 0xc1900101: I've been having this problem on a PC in my household for a while now, though it's gone under the radar as driver and quality updates install normally. The system now constantly says "Your system is missing important security and quality fixes" in Windows Update, but gives no...
  7. Unable to update to 2004 from 1909

Unable to update to 2004 from 1909: Hi, Ive had an issue with installing 2004 from 1909. Whenever i try, it typically gets to about 80% into the installation process then fails resulting with no installation and a failure code 0xc1420121. Ive tried using SFC, ive tried using Windows Update Assistant, ive tried...
  8. Unable to update to windows10 1909

Unable to update to windows10 1909: I'm running Windows 10 version 1809. I've attempted to update to windows 1909 repeatedly. I have run the Windows Update Troubleshooter repeatedly. One message I get is "This PC can't run Windows 10. We couldn't update the system reserved partition". Disk Management says my...
  9. Unable to Update to the Latest Version of Windows 1909

Unable to Update to the Latest Version of Windows 1909: I'm starting a new thread to seek help since the original has had no progress. I'm currently running 1803, and have been attempting to update since last May 1903, and again since last November 1909. Solutions I've tried: Manual installation Updating drivers Running the...
  10. unable to update to Windows 10 Version 1909

unable to update to Windows 10 Version 1909: I tried to update my PC to 1909 from 1903, but the installation failed. I looked up the error code and i fixed what it said the error was. Now i can't try and update it to 1909 again but it says im up to date but i'm only on 1903. The option to update to 1909 again is gone,...