Windows 10: Unable to update to latest version of Windows (1909)

Discus and support Unable to update to latest version of Windows (1909) in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Currently running 1803, and I've been attempting to update to 1903 since its release in May and now to 1909 for the last month. The updates download... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by OmniBeast13, Nov 25, 2019.

1. Unable to update to latest version of Windows (1909)

Currently running 1803, and I've been attempting to update to 1903 since its release in May and now to 1909 for the last month. The updates download normally in the Windows Update setting, and get to about 84% installation before throwing an Error 0x80070003.

Solutions I've tried:

• Manual installation
    • Udating drivers
    • Running the DISM tool
    • Running the Windows Update Troubleshooter (Found Corrupted files but didn't/couldn't fix them.)
    • Replacing the old Configuration file Spupdsvc.exe
    • Resetting Windows Update related folders.
    • Resetting the Catroot2 and Clearing SoftwareDistribution folders.
    • Checking the status of Windows Update-related Windows Services
    • Using the System File Checker

None of these have worked, and as version 1803 has recently stopped being supported I'm in need of a more recent version. Here are the specs for my PC:

Windows Edition: Windows 10 Home

Manufacturer: Microsoft Corporation

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8650U CPU @ 1.90Ghz 2.11 GHz

Installed memory (RAM): 8.00 GB

System Type: 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor

Pen and Touch: Pen and Touch Support with 10 Touch Points

EDIT: Corrected the version of Windows currently running on this PC in the first sentence, was previously 1809 when it should have been 1803.

:)

OmniBeast13, Nov 25, 2019

2. Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary drive not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, Nov 25, 2019
  3. Al Burc Win User
    Unable to update Window 10 Pro version 1607 to version 1709

Have made several attempts to update Windows 10 version 1607 to the latest version 1709 and have not been successful.

I've done the following per some suggestions found online:

• Updated drivers
    • Ran the Trouble Shooter for Windows 10 (Errors found were shown to be "Fixed" per the tool)
    • Unplugged the printer
    • Ran the DISM.exe
    Although not at every attempt, I have received the following errors:

• 0xc1900101 - 0x30018
    • 0x900704c7
    Can someone please advise me as to what the errors are and provide me with the steps to update Windows.

Thank you

Al Burc, Nov 25, 2019
  4. Unable to update to latest version of Windows (1909)

device unable to update to latest version of Windows

MY MODEL HP DT PC INDIA is unable to update to the latest version of Windows namely version 1709 and OS Build No.16299.192. Yesterday i contacted virtual agent and after it was unable to sort out the issue i had two chat
    sessions with techies but however, still it is not updating. I have tried all steps enunciated for the fixation of my issue failed and now submitted the issue in the FEEDBACK HUB also. The CHAT sessions eat into your hard
    earned money. What is the way out?

[Original title: device unable to update to latest version of windows]

AnandakumarNarayanan, Nov 25, 2019
Thema:

Unable to update to latest version of Windows (1909)

1. Unable to update to latest version of Windows (1909) - Similar Threads - Unable update latest

2. Unable to update to latest version of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to update to latest version of Windows 10: I have been unable to update my desktop from version 1903 to the latest version of Windows. I have attempted to update through the on-board Windows update feature, directly though downloads page on microsoft.com as well as using the media creation tool on a USB but after the...
  3. Unable to update to latest version of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to update to latest version of Windows 10: I have been unable to update my desktop from version 1903 to the latest version of Windows. I have attempted to update through the on-board Windows update feature, directly though downloads page on microsoft.com as well as using the media creation tool on a USB but after the...
  4. Unable to update windows to latest version 20H2

Unable to update windows to latest version 20H2: check for updates don't show any new updates did troubleshoot windows update, it couldn't find anything wrong tried running windows 10 update assistant, it states that this pc can't be upgraded to the latest version pc is hp 440 G4 anything i can try here ? [ATTACH]...
  5. Unable to update to latest Windows version

Unable to update to latest Windows version: Any assistance with the following matter will be greatly appreciated. My PC is currently running Windows 10, version 1803, which has reached end of service. When I hit 'Check for updates', it says "You're up to date". When I install and run the Windows Update Assistant,...
  6. Unable to Update to the Latest Version of Windows 1909

Unable to Update to the Latest Version of Windows 1909: I'm starting a new thread to seek help since the original has had no progress. I'm currently running 1803, and have been attempting to update since last May 1903, and again since last November 1909. Solutions I've tried: Manual installation Updating drivers Running the...
  7. unable to update to Windows 10 Version 1909

unable to update to Windows 10 Version 1909: I tried to update my PC to 1909 from 1903, but the installation failed. I looked up the error code and i fixed what it said the error was. Now i can't try and update it to 1909 again but it says im up to date but i'm only on 1903. The option to update to 1909 again is gone,...
  8. Unable to update to latest version of Windows 10

Unable to update to latest version of Windows 10: I'm not a computer geek, so when answering please bear in mind. My HP laptop has been unable to get an update to the latest Windows version and the message says that the support from Microsoft for the one that I currently have will be shortly discontinued. I get a message...
  9. Unable to update latest version of windows

Unable to update latest version of windows: Hello I am facing difficulty in updating latest version of windows 10 & error which is coing is Error 0x80070005 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-update-latest-version-of-windows/325e77e7-4ff2-46f0-8dbe-f83035a0c133
  10. unable to update latest version for windows defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    unable to update latest version for windows defender: unable to update latest version for windows defender kindly provide solution https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/unable-to-update-latest-version-for-windows/95367313-8fb7-4d10-9ea3-672e80f336e9

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to update to 1909 using windows update assistant

2. windows 1607 unable to update to Windows 10 1909

3. window 10 update 1909 fails at 60%

4. unable to upgrade to windows 10 1909,
  5. Windows update 1909 failed to install,
  6. unable to update windows 10 1909