Windows 10: Unable to update to w10, v2004

Discus and support Unable to update to w10, v2004 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; have tried to update to windows 10 v2004 and have not been successful. It may have to do with my NVIDIA software. I am running GeForce GT 220. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ChuckV1, Jun 10, 2020.

1. ChuckV1 Win User

Unable to update to w10, v2004

have tried to update to windows 10 v2004 and have not been successful. It may have to do with my NVIDIA software. I am running GeForce GT 220. I have been able to update to NVIDIA 341.74-desktop-win10-64bit-international. Microsoft states there is a problem with NVIDIA under v358.00.

The message "The Windows 10 May 2020 Update is on its way. We’re offering this update to compatible devices, but your device isn’t quite ready for it. Once your device is ready, you’ll see the update available on this page. There’s nothing you need to do at this time."

Is there anything I need to do, or just wait until v2004 is available to me?

DELL Studio XPS 8100 Purchased 4/2010, but still operating well.

Intel i5 Processor

8.00 GB ram

64-bit operating system

no pen or touch input

:)

ChuckV1, Jun 10, 2020
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Unable to update to w10, v2004 :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Jun 10, 2020
  3. Issues with W10 Mail App

Hi Frank,

To guide you in the right direction, let us know the following:

• Did you add your fsnet.co.uk (POP3) address as an additional account in W10 Mail App?
    I suggest you to remove the account and re-add it.

I suggest you to try the steps provided in the link below and check.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-8/remove-account

Please get back to us with the required information, to assist you further.

Regards,

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Jun 10, 2020
  4. Unable to update to w10, v2004

Unable to Update to Creators update

Hi Farzin,

To know more about your concern with Creators Update, please clarify the following:

• Are you still experiencing the same issue on your computer?
    • Have you tried the suggested steps provided above?

We're looking forward to your reply.

Gerard Qui, Jun 10, 2020
Thema:

Unable to update to w10, v2004

1. Unable to update to w10, v2004 - Similar Threads - Unable update w10

2. Update to Win10 v2004

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Update to Win10 v2004: I have tried to update to version 2004 of Win10 Pro twice now, once in early September and again on 10/15/2020. After the first attempt, I reverted to v1909 because I had the same problems I am encountering on the second attempt. This time, I'm going to try to resolve the...
  3. Windows Defender problems after W10 v2004 update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Defender problems after W10 v2004 update: widows defender block my BitTorrent client after the updated 2004 on windows 10 pro 64 bit and claims its a virus name PUA:Win32/Presenoker potentially unwanted application i dont know if it is false positive i scan it with bitdefender anti virus and it was clean i use...
  4. Windows v2004 Update

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows v2004 Update: I cannot log into Windows after the update. Whether I try my PIN or Mi rosoft password, I get "User Profile Service failed the sign-in. User profile cannot be loaded." Furthermore, holding down shift key and restarting does not give a screen to choose safe mode to start. It...
  5. Unable to access NAS drives after v2004 update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to access NAS drives after v2004 update: Hi, I have 2Win 10 Pro machines and 2 WD MyCloudEX2Ultra NAS drives all connected by Ethernet cables, I can access the drives, but as soon as I try to copy files to/from the drives the connection keeps dropping out, the drives are not mapped I am using Network Addressing e.g....
  6. Unable to Update from Windows 10 v1903 to v2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to Update from Windows 10 v1903 to v2004: Failed to install v2004 3 times. Tried running DISM and SFC and tried disabling Firewall. Always get error 0x80242016 after downloading, installing, and rebooting....
  7. What's up with File Explorer in Update W10-v2004

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What's up with File Explorer in Update W10-v2004: Ever Since I updated to Windows 10 Version 2004 the file explorer takes from 40s~2min to load and then it doesn't hang on any folder again, but if I close it and open it again it hangs again and also clicking on This PC after browsing any folder starts the hanging again. I...
  8. Unable to update to Windows10 v2004

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to update to Windows10 v2004: Hi, I have a surface studio2 that runs of v1909 but is unable to update my windows. Hex code keeps appearing whenever I try. I have tried running clean boot, WUReset, and also tried installing mediaCreationTool2004. All unsucessful. Any advice?...
  9. W10 v2004 text files

in Windows 10 Support
    W10 v2004 text files: Hi, for a variety of reasons i had to do a new install of W10 pro, I keep my subscription keys in text files, some go back years, whwn i try to open an existing text file in notepad or wordpad in the new install the text appears in what looks like a chinese font, i have tried...
  10. W10 v2004 SMBv1 bug?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    W10 v2004 SMBv1 bug?: [ATTACH] Hi, We have enabled the SMBv1 feature in Windows 10 and it has been working as it should for the last couple of releases. But starting in v2004, when we start Explorer the window will eventually hang, and the network drive to the SMBv1-share is stuck...