Windows 10: Unable to update Win 7 to Win 10

Discus and support Unable to update Win 7 to Win 10 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have a Acer Aspire Netbook running win 7, used mainly for image and powerpoint viewing and playing Freecell. I have been unable to move to Win 10.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ERICOLDIE, Feb 10, 2016.

1. ERICOLDIE Win User

Unable to update Win 7 to Win 10

I have a Acer Aspire Netbook running win 7, used mainly for image and powerpoint viewing and playing Freecell. I have been unable to move to Win 10. Trying to download and install goes on for up to 6 hrs without any sign of completion. Trying the update button goes to 23% downloaded and stops at that point, the green downloading bar keeps pulsing for ever. I realise that many of the updates to Win 7 must have arrived automatically and looking in the Update History many of these updates are tagged as failed. Will this be the reason why I cannot move to Win 10 and how can I overcome this problem?

:)

ERICOLDIE, Feb 10, 2016

2. Unable to update to Windows 10, getting error code 8000FFF.

unable to update my laptop from win 7 home basic to win 10. error code is 8000FFF

Original Title: updating to win 10

trilok chand, Feb 10, 2016
  3. INSTALLED WIN XP ON WIN 7 THEN UPGRADED TO WIN 10 TO RUN OLDER SOFTWARE

I INSTALLED A SECOND OS (XP) ON MY WIN 7 COMPUTER TO BE ABLE TO RUN OLDER GAME SOFTWARE.

AFTER XP WAS INSTALLED AND WORKING I UPDATED WIN 7 TO WIN 10

SINCE THE WIN 10 UPDATE I AM UNABLE TO RUN XP

HELP?

BRUCEPASCHKE, Feb 10, 2016
  4. cereberus Win User

Do the upgrade manually using link below. No need to do all the updates to Windows 7.

Windows 10

cereberus, Feb 10, 2016
  5. Read the information in this forum about the genuine ticket approach to activating Win10.

I recently did a clean install of Win10 on an HP laptop and nothing I did would get it activated. It claimed the product keys I entered were invalid and HP (as usual) was of no help in this. MS reps were useless -- as they kept telling me that you could NOT use Win7 product keys to activate Win10, even after I told them that I had installed using version 1511, built 10586.35.

I followed the genuine ticket method, applied that after the Win10 install, and the PC activated with no problems!

Also, use Macrium Reflect to make a full image backup of your PC before you do the upgrade. It only takes a few minutes and, if anything goes wrong, or you simply want to restore Win7, it's only a few minutes to do that, instead of hours of work.

Mark Phelps, Feb 10, 2016
  6. ERICOLDIE Win User
    Thanks for your thoughts. The problem is I cannot download WIN 10 in total, never mind installing it!!

ERICOLDIE, Feb 11, 2016
  7. davidhk Win User
    Any chance you don't have enough disk space in your internal memory.

davidhk, Feb 11, 2016
  8. cereberus Win User

Your activation issues were pretty unusual.

I would recommend that the OP backs up Windows 7 (as you say), trys standard manual upgrade first, and if that does not activate, then try the genuine ticket approach.

cereberus, Feb 11, 2016
  9. ERICOLDIE Win User
    To Davidhk I have ample free space on my Hard Disk as I have hardly anything saved on it at all. I was wondering if Microsoft has already downloaded Win 10 to my netbook (Ref to this weeks Computeractive Mag where it is stated that MS is doing so? I must go and look and would I recognize it or should I just try to find a "Install" message rather than trying to download it?QUOTE=cereberus;566358]Your activation issues were pretty unusual.

I would recommend that the OP backs up Windows 7 (as you say), trys standard manual upgrade first, and if that does not activate, then try the genuine ticket approach.[/QUOTE]

ERICOLDIE, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Unable to update Win 7 to Win 10 - Similar Threads - Unable update

2. Unable to update to windows 11 on Gigabyte laptops

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to update to windows 11 on Gigabyte laptops: We have 2 Gigabyte laptops that are the same model - and neither will update to Windows 11. The download completes successfully and then wants to restart the pc to complete - when it is restarting the circle gets about 50-80% of the way through and it doesn't matter if you...
  3. Unable to update to windows 11 on Gigabyte laptops

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to update to windows 11 on Gigabyte laptops: We have 2 Gigabyte laptops that are the same model - and neither will update to Windows 11. The download completes successfully and then wants to restart the pc to complete - when it is restarting the circle gets about 50-80% of the way through and it doesn't matter if you...
  4. Unable to update to windows 11 on Gigabyte laptops

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Unable to download/update apps in the windows store app. Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to download/update apps in the windows store app. Windows 11: I have a new install of Windows 11 and cannot download/update any apps in the Windows Store app. When I try to update an app I get the error "Something unexpected happened" Code 0x80073CFE...
  6. Unable to download/update apps in the windows store app. Windows 11

Unable to download/update apps in the windows store app. Windows 11: I have a new install of Windows 11 and cannot download/update any apps in the Windows Store app. When I try to update an app I get the error "Something unexpected happened" Code 0x80073CFE...
  7. Unable to startup after a recent windows update, only a black screen and a cursor with a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to startup after a recent windows update, only a black screen and a cursor with a...: Hi,I have had trouble launching the Windows since I clicked "Shutdown&Update" yesterday. The first launch after the update was fine, but it crashed into a blue screen around 10 minutes after startup.Then, it auto-rebooted, but I only got a black screen and a cursor with a...
  8. Unable to startup after a recent windows update, only a black screen and a cursor with a...

Unable to startup after a recent windows update, only a black screen and a cursor with a...: Hi,I have had trouble launching the Windows since I clicked "Shutdown&Update" yesterday. The first launch after the update was fine, but it crashed into a blue screen around 10 minutes after startup.Then, it auto-rebooted, but I only got a black screen and a cursor with a...
  9. i am unable to update my windows and keep getting "we couldn't install this update but you...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i am unable to update my windows and keep getting "we couldn't install this update but you...: i recently bought a laptop it came with windows 11 preinstalled. however due to some issues coming up i had to replace the motherboard of it. after replacing the motherboard the service center guy reset the windows using there company's tool namely "asus winrecovery"....
  10. i am unable to update my windows and keep getting "we couldn't install this update but you...

i am unable to update my windows and keep getting "we couldn't install this update but you...: i recently bought a laptop it came with windows 11 preinstalled. however due to some issues coming up i had to replace the motherboard of it. after replacing the motherboard the service center guy reset the windows using there company's tool namely "asus winrecovery"....