Windows 10: Unable to update Window 10 and open/install Apps on MS Store

Discus and support Unable to update Window 10 and open/install Apps on MS Store in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I need help to fix my window 10 update and Microsoft store. As I wasn't able to update my window 10 Ver17H something from Window Update Setting.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Rogerckk, May 24, 2023.

1. Rogerckk Win User

Unable to update Window 10 and open/install Apps on MS Store

Hello, I need help to fix my window 10 update and Microsoft store. As I wasn't able to update my window 10 Ver17H something from Window Update Setting. I have manually update to Window 10 Version 22H2 OS Build 19045.2965 successfully via Window 10 Installation Assistant. https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10 However, window update and MS Store issue still persist. I can't update window 10 with error below and install any app from MS Store. Window 10 Update "We couldn't connect to the update service. We'll try again later, or you can check now. If it still does

:)

Rogerckk, May 24, 2023

2. Windows 10 installing progs

I decided to take the plunge and upgrade to windows 10 from 7. I used the Media Creation Tool from MS website. It took awhile, but I am finally running Windows 10 (12-14).

I opened the new App & Program feature to remove programs that I no longer needed. Scrolling down the list, I was horrified! Apps that I didn't install somehow magically installed themselves. Two programs stood out: Facebook and Candy Crush Soda Saga. Both programs have those tale-tale icons that they came from Windows Store (which I've never even opened). The install date for both of them were on 12-26.

Is this a common thing for Windows 10? Or is it because I did an upgrade and not a clean install?

GoFigureItOut, May 24, 2023
  3. Windows 10 installing progs

You did an upgrade.

eidairaman1, May 24, 2023
  4. Unable to update Window 10 and open/install Apps on MS Store

I am unable to open Windows Store Apps, be it Store, Photos, Groove Music or any other app Windows 10.

Hi Abhishek,

If you have installed any third party antivirus software, ensure that it should not be blocking Windows store services.

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to follow below steps and check.

Step 1: I suggest you to install all the latest pending Windows updates as below and check if it helps.

• Go to “settings” and click on “update and security”.
    • Under tab “Windows update”, click on the icon “check for updates”.
    • Then once you find the pending updates install it and check.

Step 2: I suggest you to run the below app troubleshooter and check if it helps.

The app troubleshooter will automatically notify you if there’s a problem with an app and try to fix the problem. If you continue experiencing problems with an app, or if you're unable to open the Store, try
    running the tool from the below link. This tool can automatically identify and fix some problems with apps and the Store.

Run the troubleshooter for Windows apps:

Fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store - Microsoft Support

Method 2: I suggest you to check whether the Windows store service is stopped or running as below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + R from the Keyboard.
    • Type services.msc and hit Enter.
    • In the Services Window, look for Windows Store Service and Stop it.
    • Restart the computer and Start the Windows Store Service.
    • Restart the computer and it check if it works.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, May 24, 2023
Thema:

Unable to update Window 10 and open/install Apps on MS Store

1. Unable to update Window 10 and open/install Apps on MS Store - Similar Threads - Unable update Window

2. Unable to update Window 10 and open/install Apps on MS Store

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to update Window 10 and open/install Apps on MS Store: Hello, I need help to fix my window 10 update and Microsoft store. As I wasn't able to update my window 10 Ver17H something from Window Update Setting. I have manually update to Window 10 Version 22H2 OS Build 19045.2965 successfully via Window 10 Installation Assistant....
  3. Unable to update Window 10 and open/install Apps on MS Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to update Window 10 and open/install Apps on MS Store: Hello, I need help to fix my window 10 update and Microsoft store. As I wasn't able to update my window 10 Ver17H something from Window Update Setting. I have manually update to Window 10 Version 22H2 OS Build 19045.2965 successfully via Window 10 Installation Assistant....
  4. MS Store not working and Unable to install Daily Updates

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    MS Store not working and Unable to install Daily Updates: 2 questions: #1. My Microsoft Store won't load or operate. I have from run the reset option by Hitting Windows logo + R, with no success. Ran Trouble Shooting. 1st message "Temporary Internet Files Location has Changed", followed by "Hanging or crashing apps - Not Fixed....
  5. MS Store not working and Unable to install Daily Updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Store not working and Unable to install Daily Updates: 2 questions: #1. My Microsoft Store won't load or operate. I have from run the reset option by Hitting Windows logo + R, with no success. Ran Trouble Shooting. 1st message "Temporary Internet Files Location has Changed", followed by "Hanging or crashing apps - Not Fixed....
  6. MS Store not working and Unable to install Daily Updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Unable to install apps from ms store

Unable to install apps from ms store: Hello, I am facing issues in downloading apps from MS store, whenever I try to install an app, it shows "Acquiring license", then after sometimes it shows "Error". Pls help me fix it. I am unable to download important apps. Windows basic apps also facing same issue....
  8. Unable to open the MS store, the get help app, and most apps downloaded from the MS store.

Unable to open the MS store, the get help app, and most apps downloaded from the MS store.: When I try to open any of the mentioned apps, nothing at all happens. I am running the Oct 2020 update although this has been an issue for several months now. Windows 10 Home X64. Things I have attempted... running WSreset.exe Reinstalling the MS store using the...
  9. Unable to open Start Menu, Store, and other MS apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to open Start Menu, Store, and other MS apps: This has been going on for a while. After the 1903 update, I was unable to access the start menu, the store and several apps that were not pinned to my task bar or desktop. I tried multiple solutions and was finally able to get the start menu to work after rolling back the...
  10. Unable to download or update MS Store apps

Unable to download or update MS Store apps: Downloads and updates no longer work. In my start menu, there are multiple apps that are updating but the progress bar never moves. When I press an app in the store to look at it, it takes a long time to respond and often doesn't load. One of the updates is for the Microsoft...