Windows 10: Unable to update Windows 10 20H2 because "Windows Could not update System Reserve Partition"

Discus and support Unable to update Windows 10 20H2 because "Windows Could not update System Reserve Partition" in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi All, My current Windows 10 version is 1909, build is 18363.1256. I am having problem updating Windows 10 20H2. So I made a Reset of my Laptop.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SurajKishan, Dec 26, 2020.

1. Unable to update Windows 10 20H2 because "Windows Could not update System Reserve Partition"

Hi All,

My current Windows 10 version is 1909, build is 18363.1256. I am having problem updating Windows 10 20H2. So I made a Reset of my Laptop. Then I installed the "Windows 10 Update Assistant". The update assistant returned an error that it cannot update the laptop - "Windows Could not update System Reserve Partition". My partition is GPT.

I tried the following from online - https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...m-reserved-partition-error-installing-windows

I also tried installing Minitool Partition Wizard and followed the instructions but when it wasnt able to complete the "Reserve Partition" either.

Is there something else that could be done.?

Regards

Suraj

:)

SurajKishan, Dec 26, 2020

2. Windows 10 problem Unable to update System reserved partition

Windows 10 problem Unable to update System reserved partition

colinHughes1, Dec 26, 2020
  3. We couldn't update the system reserved partition - Windows 10 1803 Updates won't install

The usual suggestion is to clean it out.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3086249/we-couldn-t-update-system-reserved-partition-error-installing-windows

Are you implying DISM is showing a message about bootmgr? What is the message exactly? You may need to use a different DISM syntax and point to a /source:

Otherwise it may be bogus. For a possibly related incident see

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update-winpc/windows-10-update-kb3213986-fails-repeatedly-with/46d9b1af-71a6-4d39-acaf-c3882047ac12

What are the details for that?

HTH

Robert Aldwinckle

---

Robert Aldwinckle on forums, Dec 26, 2020
  4. Unable to update Windows 10 20H2 because "Windows Could not update System Reserve Partition"

Anthony Gal, Dec 26, 2020
Thema:

Unable to update Windows 10 20H2 because "Windows Could not update System Reserve Partition"

1. Unable to update Windows 10 20H2 because "Windows Could not update System Reserve Partition" - Similar Threads - Unable update 20H2

2. windows 10 update version 20H2, we couldn't update the system reserved partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 update version 20H2, we couldn't update the system reserved partition: I have the same problem as someone else that posted April 13, 2021, so I'm just gonna copy his description. I can't follow those instructions given in case there's a small difference in what's going on with my computer.when i tried to update to windows 10 version 20H2, error...
  3. windows 10 update version 20H2, we couldn't update the system reserved partition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 10 update version 20H2, we couldn't update the system reserved partition: I have the same problem as someone else that posted April 13, 2021, so I'm just gonna copy his description. I can't follow those instructions given in case there's a small difference in what's going on with my computer.when i tried to update to windows 10 version 20H2, error...
  4. windows 10 update version 20H2, we couldn't update the system reserved partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. windows 10 update version 20H2, we couldn't update the system reserved partition

windows 10 update version 20H2, we couldn't update the system reserved partition: when i tried to update to windows 10 version 20H2, error prompted, this PC can't run windows 10 - we couldn't update the system reserved partition. i went to my disk management and couldn't find the system reserved partition. below is the screenshot of the error and my...
  6. Windows could not update system reserved partition error

Windows could not update system reserved partition error: Hello Am currently doing windows 10 updates, windows is throwing a system reserved partition error. What is root cause of it and how can i resolve it. Attached is the snip of what windows update setting is showing.[ATTACH]...
  7. Windows 10 updates not working because system reserved partition is empty.

Windows 10 updates not working because system reserved partition is empty.: I believe my windows 10 updates is being affected by the fact that my System Reserved Partition is totally blank. The partition is still there but it has no label just says "*: " and it's also unallocated. There also 2 other hidden partitions that say "*:" also. But they...
  8. Windows 1903 update failed. Could not update system reserve partition.

Windows 1903 update failed. Could not update system reserve partition.: Windows 1903 update failed. Could not update system reserve partition. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-1903-update-failed-could-not-update-system/a68db3a3-7d87-4c85-a00f-501b4812f74a
  9. Can't update Windows because of System Reserved Partition.

Can't update Windows because of System Reserved Partition.: Everytime I try to update my windows it says that I was unable to update system reserved partition. I even tried to manually update it and that didn't work....
  10. Windows Update Error - Could Not Update System Reserved Partition

Windows Update Error - Could Not Update System Reserved Partition: I have been unable to update to the most recent version of windows 10 because whenever I click update an error pops up saying could not update system reserved partition. I think all I have to do is simply increase space in the partition but because the partition is a primary...