Windows 10: Unable to update Windows 10 after restore the system

Discus and support Unable to update Windows 10 after restore the system in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello. Yesterday i made a system restore in my laptpop...and since that moment the windows update give me a error when try to reinstall the update x64... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by cool57, Nov 5, 2019.

1. cool57 Win User

Unable to update Windows 10 after restore the system

Hello.

Yesterday i made a system restore in my laptpop...and since that moment the windows update give me a error when try to reinstall the update x64 (KB4522355) error 0x80073712 that was already install without problems before i made the restore.

Can anyone give some ideas?

Thanks a lot

:)

cool57, Nov 5, 2019
  2. jellyroll Win User

How to delete inactive System Image Restore Points in System Restore

Windows 10 64-bit.
    When I click "show more restore points" in System Restore I see a bunch of old "system image restore points" that were deleted in past and do not correspond to any currently active restore points. Clicking any of these old restore points, I simply get an error message saying they could not be found, and to select another restore point instead.I would like to delete these restore points listings but have been unable to do so.
    So far, I have tried steps mentioned below without any luck :

Disk Cleanup through (CUnable to update Windows 10 after restore the system :) Properties
    Disable System Protection (OFF and ON) in System Protection for OS (CUnable to update Windows 10 after restore the system :)
    Disk Space Usage to minimum (slider button all the way to the left then 'Delete all restore points for this drive'),
    Delete all shown Restore points in CCleaner (the problem ones do not show here),
    Reset Windows Backup to Default in Windows 10 with 'Reset_Windows_Backup.bat' utility.

Any suggestions highly welcome.

jellyroll, Nov 5, 2019
  3. Windows XP PRO error after restore

System restore is handy when it works like it did for me 2 days ago saving the need to reinstall all of my software as well as windows, id suggest using norton Ghost 12 for an excellent system restore feature.

jocksteeluk, Nov 5, 2019
  4. Unable to update Windows 10 after restore the system

Unable to use system restore in Windows 10

We suggest that you run the DISM tool by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X on your keyboard.
    • Choose Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Copy or type this command:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth
    We also recommend that you create some changes on your computer like installing some apps before performing the System Restore so that the system will detect some changes to be reverted.

Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Nov 5, 2019
Thema:

Unable to update Windows 10 after restore the system

1. Unable to update Windows 10 after restore the system - Similar Threads - Unable update restore

2. Using System Restore After Windows Update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Using System Restore After Windows Update: I saw in google don't install latest windows update if using system restore. So, don't revert windows update after new windows update finish updating right? I scared it will cause stop error and never goes to windows dekstop....
  3. Using System Restore After Windows Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using System Restore After Windows Update: I saw in google don't install latest windows update if using system restore. So, don't revert windows update after new windows update finish updating right? I scared it will cause stop error and never goes to windows dekstop....
  4. Using System Restore After Windows Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. System Restore after update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System Restore after update: I have entered my recovery key to "get going again" but cannot move from the screen. It appears stuck or frozen. Has anyone had this happen? I read where a lot of folks had trouble obtaining their recovery key, but in my case I am fortunate to have registered it already....
  6. System Restore not available after Windows 10 2004 update

System Restore not available after Windows 10 2004 update: I saved a restore point this morning before installing the latest feature update which was showing in Windows Update. After it installed, I went back into System Restore as it is usually turned off after updating. This time it is greyed out when I click configure and no...
  7. Unable to update Windows 10 after restore the system

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to update Windows 10 after restore the system: Hello. Yesterday i made a system restore in my laptpop...and since that moment the windows update give me a error when try to reinstall the update x64 (KB4522355) error 0x80073712 that was already install without problems before i made the restore. Can anyone give some...
  8. System Restore not working after Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 News
    System Restore not working after Windows 10 Update: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]System Restore is one of the best ways to revert to the last stable state in Windows 10. However, sometimes it fails, and one of the conditions, when it does not work, is after a Windows 10 Update. If you [...] This post System Restore not working after...
  9. Completely unable to restore desktop after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Completely unable to restore desktop after Windows 10 update: Hi! So as a lot of people I was surprised to see that all the files from my desktop were gone after updating my computer. I then checked some forums and as it was mentioned all my files were in C:/Users/*name*/Desktop. I then dragged and dropped all my files to my actual...
  10. can't restore system after latest windows 10 update

can't restore system after latest windows 10 update: I had a Windows 10 update a day or so ago and now I can't start Windows. Can't restore to previous version, system can't trouble shoot, etc....