Windows 10: Unable to Update Windows 10 due to App I Already Uninstalled

Discus and support Unable to Update Windows 10 due to App I Already Uninstalled in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I got this prompt when I still had virtual box on my system, then I went to delete it using the uninstall a program feature on windows, but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by HomemadeSkate35, Mar 31, 2021.

1. Unable to Update Windows 10 due to App I Already Uninstalled

Unable to Update Windows 10 due to App I Already Uninstalled 0092bbcc-448c-4914-9f5c-87babfa6054c?upload=true.png

I got this prompt when I still had virtual box on my system, then I went to delete it using the uninstall a program feature on windows, but after trying again it still shows this despite virtual box being uninstalled, I checked and VirtualBox is uninstalled already. Now I can't update.

:)

HomemadeSkate35, Mar 31, 2021
  2. Mark Isi Win User

Unable to uninstall an app on Windows 10

Hello dayhiker4k,

First, I went ahead and moved this thread to the appropriate category, so no need to worry about that. Thanks for letting us know about this.

Regarding your concern, I have listed below the most basic steps on how to uninstall a program on Windows 10 via settings. Try it out and see if it helps:

• On the Start menu, select Settings.
    • Select Apps.
    • Select the program, and then select Uninstall. Some apps built into Windows can't be uninstalled.
    • Follow the instructions on the screen.

If the above step won't work, I suggest that you check with Webroot's support website for steps on how to completely uninstall their programs. Some anti-virus apps require certain permissions, or may have have different steps to perform in order to completely
    take it out of the system.

If you're still having trouble uninstalling the app, the last resort that I can share to you is to uninstall it using
    Command Prompt. Follow the steps provided by Ramesh.Kumar from
    this link and let us know the outcome.

We'll keep an eye out to your response.

Mark Isi, Mar 31, 2021
  3. Unable to uninstall an App (GoPro studio) Error 8007015E

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family.

To be able to understand the issue better, let us know a few more details on the below questions.

• Was the installation of the app you have mentioned successful? Because you have mentioned trying to uninstall it.
    • Secondly, is the issue is specific to the particular app you have mentioned?

As an initial recommendation, I suggest you to place the computer in a Safe Mode state and check if the uninstallation is successful.

Visit to the below link, wherein Anju Thekkethil has replied to a similar scenario.

Ref: Unable to uninstall the program in Windows 10

If it still does not help, you can try using System Restore to return your computer's system files to an earlier date before you installed the program.

To check if there is any Restore Point already created, follow the below steps.

• Press Windows key + X, select System.

• In the left pane, click on System Protection.

• Select the option to system restore > next. It will show all restore points already created.

Write to us with the updated status of the issue for us to be able to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sayan_Ghosh, Mar 31, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

Unable to Update Windows 10 due to App I Already Uninstalled

Uninstall Apps in Windows 10  

Sorry, I misunderstood what you posted then, and thought that using a command in the tutorial caused you an issue.

It would be recommended to keep the Store Purchase app, and should not be removed with the commands that uninstall all apps except "Store".

I'll go through the list for new apps now, and get any that are safe to uninstall added to the tutorial. Unable to Update Windows 10 due to App I Already Uninstalled :)

Brink, Mar 31, 2021
Thema:

Unable to Update Windows 10 due to App I Already Uninstalled

1. Unable to Update Windows 10 due to App I Already Uninstalled - Similar Threads - Unable Update due

2. Unable to uninstall App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to uninstall App: I am trying to remove thisgoogle play services third party app but it doesn't show me not enable uninstall option . If i click on Modify option it shows me error like thison second image . Please anyone replay with solution ....
  3. Unable to uninstall App

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to uninstall App: I am trying to remove thisgoogle play services third party app but it doesn't show me not enable uninstall option . If i click on Modify option it shows me error like thison second image . Please anyone replay with solution ....
  4. Unable to uninstall Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to uninstall Windows 10 update: Following installation of the recent "Security Update for Microsoft Windows KB5000802" my boot time jumped from 10 seconds to 40 seconds.I tried uninstalling the update, however after doing so it was still present in the list of updates. Any further attempt to uninstall it...
  5. Uninstall App for Windows 10 Update

Uninstall App for Windows 10 Update: Whenever I try to update my PC, it tells me what apps I need to uninstall to update. It is telling me to uninstall an app that I don't have. I looked in the start menu, the control panel, and in the settings app, but I can't find it. I googled what the app was, and it told me...
  6. Windows 10 20H2 update error due to VirtualBox Uninstall this app because it is not...

Windows 10 20H2 update error due to VirtualBox Uninstall this app because it is not...: I can't do the windows 10 20H2 update due to an app called VirtualBox by Oracle that is followed by a statement tells me to delete it to continue the update because this app is not compatible with windows I searched everywhere in the computer I can't find it neither in the...
  7. Unable to uninstall an app.

Unable to uninstall an app.: Install of a legacy program failed. Incompletely installed. It is present on the hard drive yet not on the App list and therefore not available to uninstall. How do I uninstall it?...
  8. UNABLE TO INSTALL OR UNINSTALL APPS ON WINDOWS 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    UNABLE TO INSTALL OR UNINSTALL APPS ON WINDOWS 10: Hi,im unable to install or uninstall an programs on windows 10,ever time i try to install/uninstall an error pops up saing it cant find the file in c drive and also sas admin permissins required.tried to change the admin,but its saing im still the admin,there are no other...
  9. Unable to uninstall windows update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to uninstall windows update: Hello Experts, I am trying to uninstall Windows Update which was done recently in order to fix an issue but when I uninstall it and reboot my system it always gets installed back again. I also disabled the automatic update and deferred it also, I even disconnected my PC...
  10. Trying to uninstall an app that's already been uninstalled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trying to uninstall an app that's already been uninstalled: I deleted/uninstalled Webroot SecureAnywhere months ago, once my free trial ended. I downloaded a new app for checking for viruses on my laptop around the same time. But the Webroot is still "installed" on my laptop and every time I try to uninstall it, it takes me to the...