Windows 10: Unable to update Windows 10 from 1709 to any newer build

Discus and support Unable to update Windows 10 from 1709 to any newer build in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I've been stuck on 1709 for the past couple years, since Windows would always rollback in the last stages. In the past couple of days, I tried to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Rocketfin, Sep 11, 2019.

1. Rocketfin Win User

Unable to update Windows 10 from 1709 to any newer build

I've been stuck on 1709 for the past couple years, since Windows would always rollback in the last stages. In the past couple of days, I tried to update a bunch of times again, but it failed every single time with the error code 0xC1900101-0x20017. I've tried installing from Windows Update, the Window Update Tool, and the installer created by the media creation tool, but updating still continued to fail. I also checked setuperr.log (uploaded for reference at https://pastebin.com/DBsLcebK) , but couldn't find any clear issues relating to the error code. I've tried using sfc scannow and dism to repair issues, disabling Intel VT-X and HyperV, deleting all the update files multiple times to make sure they didn't have issues, and updating every single driver I could find a newer version of, but nothing has changed.

I have too many files and applications, so I really can't clean install, but I figured that someone might be able to figure out what the log file is saying, and be able to help me with the issue.

Thanks Unable to update Windows 10 from 1709 to any newer build :)

:)

Rocketfin, Sep 11, 2019
  2. chispy Win User

Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

Thank you for trying to help , i did tried your suggestion but it did not work :/ , nothing seems to make it work on Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709. In the meantime i have bought a new SoundBlasterX AE-5 and it did installed flawlessly , no problems whatsoever. it is up to Creative ( drivers ) and Microsoft ( bug fix ) to fix this huge bugs with Audio.

Kind Regards: Chispy

chispy, Sep 11, 2019
  3. Vlada011 Win User
    Creative X-Fi Soundcards and Windows 10 Fall Creators Update 1709 = Complete Disaster / Not Working

That's completely distaster when Windows start to update drivers. You have option to disable Driver updates in Windows 10 newer updates.
    Nice because I saw this, now I will not update on 1709 I don't want mess with SBZxR.
    I can't look for solution for their halucinations and decisions to Windows install what you want.

Vlada011, Sep 11, 2019
  4. Athlonite Win User

Athlonite, Sep 11, 2019
Thema:

1. Unable to update Windows 10 from 1709 to any newer build - Similar Threads - Unable update 1709

2. Cannot update to a newer build from 1909

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot update to a newer build from 1909: I have tried to install the latest update several times, but it is always failing on 77 percent before the reboot. It just reboots and the system is not updated.Can you suggest what is wrong?I managed to find the install logs, but I can't understand them, to be honest.UPD: my...
  3. Cannot update to a newer build from 1909

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot update to a newer build from 1909: I have tried to install the latest update several times, but it is always failing on 77 percent before the reboot. It just reboots and the system is not updated.Can you suggest what is wrong?I managed to find the install logs, but I can't understand them, to be honest.UPD: my...
  4. Cannot update to a newer build from 1909

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Legacy Edge - any way to install in newer 10 builds?

in Browsers and Email
    Legacy Edge - any way to install in newer 10 builds?: So I upgraded from 1903 to 2009 build 19043.906. 1903 had legacy Edge. Microsoft scrubbed all legacy Edge downloads from their site and it seems anywhere else on the internet because they want to force everyone onto Chredge. I'm already using another Chromium based browser...
  6. Update from Windows 10 version 1803 OS build 17134.1345 to any newer version, including 2004

Update from Windows 10 version 1803 OS build 17134.1345 to any newer version, including 2004: Hi! Copying a good part of honkkongpom's post of June 16, 2019... I have a Lenovo G500 laptop that crashes continually at 48% doing the 2004 update and all other attempts including the 1903 update and every other I have tried. This is a home office laptop running Windows 10...
  7. I want to try out build 1709. How do I keep it from updating to newer builds ? I know it's...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I want to try out build 1709. How do I keep it from updating to newer builds ? I know it's...: I wanna see how certain games run on it, now that I know how the newest build runs them and I'm not happy with it. I can't get it to stop updating to newer major updates though. submitted by /u/Deranox [link] [comments]...
  8. Unable to update from version 1709 to 1809

Unable to update from version 1709 to 1809: I have tried numerous times updating my system from 1709 to 1809 with no luck whatsoever. I deleted previous downloads of 1809 and tried a fresh version today but the system just rolls back to the previous version. "restoring your previous version of windows" It seems...
  9. Windows 10 Build 1803 Not Updating To Newer Build

Windows 10 Build 1803 Not Updating To Newer Build: I just reinstalled windows from a USB key and started up the updates but check for updates says "You're up to date" but I have newer builds on my other computers (1809). The time on this computer is also wrong with automatic "Set time zone automatically" option enabled and...
  10. Unable to Install/Update Windows 10 1803 from 1709

Unable to Install/Update Windows 10 1803 from 1709: I am unable to install/update Windows 10 1803 from 1709. I've called MS Technical Support (and called back 3 times per their instructions) which has been a bit challenging due to language issues. I believe they downloaded an ISO file and a "reset" icon on my desktop....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. update a windows to go to a newer build

2. i have tried numerous times and cannot upgrade from version 1709

3. windows 10 build 1709 not updating