Windows 10: Unable to update Windows 10 on my HP Stream

Discus and support Unable to update Windows 10 on my HP Stream in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am unable to update Windows 10 on my HP Stream. There is notoriously little space on this HP laptop, and even after stripping off all the files and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Virginiavon Hahn, May 22, 2020.

1. Unable to update Windows 10 on my HP Stream

I am unable to update Windows 10 on my HP Stream. There is notoriously little space on this HP laptop, and even after stripping off all the files and programs I possibly can, I can still not create enough space to run the upgrade.

For a while I was able to, using a 32 GB memory card in my D drive.

But for some reason, the upgrade process no longer gives me the option to use the D drive.

I've tried everything possible.

What can I do?

:)

Virginiavon Hahn, May 22, 2020

2. Unable to access HP Simple Pass to Sign-in to the computer on Windows 10

Hi Jerome,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand your concern about accessing HP simple pass after upgrading to Windows 10. We will help you with this issue.

• Do let us know the make and model of your computer?
    • Have you installed HP simple pass software on your computer?

Try the below steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to download the latest HP Simple Pass software from the manufacturer's website install it and check if it helps.

Step 2: If you have already installed the software, I suggest you to re-install it and check if the issue persists.

Follow the steps to Access Recovery Manager:

• Press Start button from the keyboard, type Recover Manager.
    • Select Recovery Manager from the list when it becomes available. Allow the action to continue, if prompted. The
      HP Recovery Manager opens.
    • Click Software program re-installation, Next , select
      HP SimplePass for the listing and then follow the on-screen instructions to reinstall application

Hope it helps. Try the above and get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, May 22, 2020
  3. Unable to stream to a Smart TV

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand the difficulties, as you are unable to stream your PC or mobile to your smart TV.
    In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the model number of the Smart TV?
    • How are you streaming the devices to your smart TV? (Miracast/Chromecast)
    • Are you aware of any recent changes, prior to this issue?
    • What happens when you try to stream the device, is there any error message?

Meanwhile, we would suggest you to update the drivers for Bluetooth and Network Adapter drivers from device manager. Please refer this article to

Update drivers in Windows 10

You may also, check with the
    Element TV support
    team regarding this issue.

Regards,

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, May 22, 2020
  4. Unable to update Windows 10 on my HP Stream

Xbox One Streaming

Hi Dylan,

Incorrect configuration setting is one of the possible reasons why you are unable to stream on your Xbox One S. For us to properly assist you, we need to gather more details. Kindly answer the questions below:

• When was the last time you were able to stream from your Xbox One S?
    • Have you tried using a different computer and check if the issue persists?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you run the troubleshooter for Windows apps using the link below. This can help remove conflicts with an app from Microsoft Store.

Click here

You may also check the link below for troubleshooting steps.

Troubleshooting Xbox app game streaming on Windows 10

Wilfred Mac, May 22, 2020
Thema:

Unable to update Windows 10 on my HP Stream

1. Unable to update Windows 10 on my HP Stream - Similar Threads - Unable update Stream

2. HP Stream Windows 10 Update Fix

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HP Stream Windows 10 Update Fix: Looking to free up disk space on your HP Stream to update Windows 10? Turn off your "paging file". You will gain approximately 1.3Gigs allowing updates to download and install. It worked successfully for me today September 4th, 2021 on an HP Stream with nothing more than...
  3. Hp stream laptop not updating

Hp stream laptop not updating: we got two hp stream laptops. a 11 and a 14. the 14 is a newer version of windows 10 and the 11 is an older version of windows 10. I've treid updating both. I ran the windows update assistant on the 14 and the 11, and it says on the 14 that is has the latest update. but...
  4. Win 10 updates on HP Stream

Win 10 updates on HP Stream: I have not yet been able to download 2019 big updates as I have insufficient space on hard drive. I do have external USB flash drive available but the system is telling me I need to free up a further 1.8 GB on hard drive. I have done all the recommended cleanup processes to...
  5. windows update HP stream

windows update HP stream: I have an HP stream no hard drive space, most of it is system stuff that I don't think I can delete. how do I free up the hard drive space to be able to update???? I have external hard drive with plenty of space but that isn't enough. Any help would be gratefully received....
  6. HP Stream and Win 10 1909 update

HP Stream and Win 10 1909 update: I attempted to update my HP Stream to v.1909 with no success as the hard drive is too small at 32 gb. For previous updates I was able to use an external USB drive to assist in updating but that method was not offered this time. My problem is that the update downloaded a...
  7. HP Stream Using USB will not update windows 10

HP Stream Using USB will not update windows 10: Hello :) I have an HP Steam that is out of enough room for the latest Windows 10 update, so I got a 64G USB to obtain update, as Microsoft says to do. However, even though I now have Boohkhoo room on the USB, I tried and waited over 72 hours for it to update and it was...
  8. HP Stream 11 unable to update to Windows 10 version 1803

HP Stream 11 unable to update to Windows 10 version 1803: I have 3GB of free storage on my hard drive so I am unable to update my computer. However it says I can update if I have an external storage with at least 11.6GB space plugged into my computer. I have a USB with 27GB plugged in but Windows will still not update for some...
  9. Windows 10 Update for HP Stream

Windows 10 Update for HP Stream: My HP keeps attempting to update but I do not have enough internal storage. I have an SD card with plenty of storage and it says that I can use an external storage, but it is still not working. I don't understand why it still won't update....
  10. HP Stream 8 updated Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    HP Stream 8 updated Windows 10: I have a Stream8 which updated the windows 10 and now I can not log on as the keyboard and wifi have been disabled. What can I do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-stream-8-updated-windows-10/79b99f14-2c14-46c9-a415-a6414fb9da3c