Windows 10: Unable to Update Windows 10 - PC keeps freezing on Restart

Discus and support Unable to Update Windows 10 - PC keeps freezing on Restart in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Custom-built PC Windows 10 Version 1703 currently installed IntelR CoreTM i5-7500 CPU @ 3.40GHz 16.0 GB Installed Ram 64-bit operating system,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Christina Austin, Jan 25, 2020.

1. Unable to Update Windows 10 - PC keeps freezing on Restart

Custom-built PC

Windows 10 Version 1703 currently installed

IntelR CoreTM i5-7500 CPU @ 3.40GHz

16.0 GB Installed Ram

64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

I have been unable to update Windows 10 since I bought this system. Every time I attempt to, the update begins and will always freeze partway through. I'm forced to do a hard restart at this time where it will continue trying to update and freeze again. This will happen repeatedly until it will revert back to the previous settings and undo the update. Occasionally the update will get all the way to 100% but will still freeze before the update is fully installed.

I have run the Update Troubleshooter to no avail, and have tried all the fixes suggested in this thread as well: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...g/f0a49a22-cf1e-4c42-8cee-8ad865125fa0?auth=1 I have taken the unit to a repair shop where they recommended a fresh install of Windows 10, but I'd prefer not to do that if I don't have to.

Any other suggestions?

:)

Christina Austin, Jan 25, 2020
  2. David Haz Win User

Windows keeps freezing up

Hi Brian,

If your computer is freezing, it could due to the operating system being outdated, or that some applications in your system is causing it to freeze, etc. For us to isolate the issue about Windows 10 freezing, kindly respond to the questions below:

• When does Windows 10 hangs/freezes? Is it after logging in to Windows? Or is it when you are using an application?
    • Are there any third-party applications installed on your computer?
    • Did you upgrade to Windows 10 from a previous version of Windows? If yes, which version of Windows was previously installed on your computer?

As a first troubleshooting step, we suggest that you check if there are updates that are waiting to be installed on your computer. If there are, kindly install them and restart your computer. After restarting, check if Windows 10 still freezes. Here's how
    to check for updates in Windows 10:

• Press the Windows key + I to open the
      Settings
      app.
    • From Settings, select Update & security >
      Windows Update
      , then select Check for updates.

We look forward to an update from you.

David Haz, Jan 25, 2020
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    Windows 10 keeps freezing on my PC.

Hi,

Corrupted system files may be the possible reason why your computer keeps freezing. To isolate your issue, we'd like to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Did you get any error messages?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far aside from reinstalling Windows and updating drivers?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    to improve your computer performance in Windows 10. You may expand
    Check memory and memory usage
    to find out how much memory you have and how much of it is currently being used. Also, try to scan and restore corrupted system files by expanding
    Check for corrupted Windows system files.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Jan 25, 2020
  4. Unable to Update Windows 10 - PC keeps freezing on Restart

Windows Update keeps failing!

10 days ago they updated the security certificates.

TheMailMan78, Jan 25, 2020
Thema:

Unable to Update Windows 10 - PC keeps freezing on Restart

1. Unable to Update Windows 10 - PC keeps freezing on Restart - Similar Threads - Unable Update keeps

2. CLSID Error keeps freezing then restarting the pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CLSID Error keeps freezing then restarting the pc: The machine-default permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID I keep getting this error multiple times with different codes like {6B3B8D23-FA8D-40B9-8DBD-B950333E2C52} or {6B3B8D23-FA8D-40B9-8DBD-B950333E2C52}I...
  3. windows 11 keeps freezing and restarting my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 keeps freezing and restarting my pc: windows 11 keeps freezing and restarting my pc, its the same issue as stated in this link https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-random-freezinghanging-forcing-hard/3c054e1d-3310-4a50-9106-01bf8db509f7, i have the system 32 file and the event viewer...
  4. windows 11 keeps freezing and restarting my pc

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows 11 keeps freezing and restarting my pc: windows 11 keeps freezing and restarting my pc, its the same issue as stated in this link https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-random-freezinghanging-forcing-hard/3c054e1d-3310-4a50-9106-01bf8db509f7, i have the system 32 file and the event viewer...
  5. windows 11 keeps freezing and restarting my pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 11 keeps freezing and restarting my pc: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-random-freezinghanging-forcing-hard/3c054e1d-3310-4a50-9106-01bf8db509f7 im having the same issues as this person in this link but on my computer, i have the .nfo file ready to view on google drive if thats okay...
  6. windows 11 keeps freezing and restarting my pc

windows 11 keeps freezing and restarting my pc: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-random-freezinghanging-forcing-hard/3c054e1d-3310-4a50-9106-01bf8db509f7 im having the same issues as this person in this link but on my computer, i have the .nfo file ready to view on google drive if thats okay...
  7. My PC keeps on freezing and restarting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My PC keeps on freezing and restarting: Log Name: System Source: EventLog Date: 01/01/2023 01:03:07 Event ID: 6008 Task Category: None Level: Error Keywords: Classic User: N/A Computer: Description: The previous system shutdown at 12:51:33 am on ‎01/‎01/‎2023 was unexpected. Event Xml:...
  8. My PC keeps on freezing and restarting

My PC keeps on freezing and restarting: Log Name: System Source: EventLog Date: 01/01/2023 01:03:07 Event ID: 6008 Task Category: None Level: Error Keywords: Classic User: N/A Computer: Description: The previous system shutdown at 12:51:33 am on ‎01/‎01/‎2023 was unexpected. Event Xml:...
  9. My PC keeps on freezing and restarting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. Windows 10 Keeps Freezing and Requires a Restart

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Keeps Freezing and Requires a Restart: When is the issue of the system just freezing literally everyday at random going to be fixed? You are forced to do a manual (forced) shut down and restart and it is extremely annoying and should not be happening with a company the size of Microsoft. And yes, all updates are...