Windows 10: Unable to update Windows 10 since build 1703

Discus and support Unable to update Windows 10 since build 1703 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have been trying to update my windows 10 forever, however, different error codes and messages appears to prevent me from updating. Here's what i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AlanTang3, Jan 28, 2020.

1. AlanTang3 Win User

Unable to update Windows 10 since build 1703

I have been trying to update my windows 10 forever, however, different error codes and messages appears to prevent me from updating.

Here's what i have done:

1. Windows Update Error - 0x80240034

- Did the restore health command with 100% completion,

but sfc scan now fails with "sfc scannow found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them"

2. Reset Windows Update Database, by deleting Software Distribution Files and re download them, Fails.

3. Using the upgrade assistant, "Windows10Upgrade9252.exe", it failed at 10%-15% in the upgrading screen and rolled back to 1703.

4. Using Windows In Place Upgrade, Downloaded Media Creation Tool and perform the upgrade, Fails with code

0x8007001F - 0x20006

The installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during REPLICATE_OC operation.

I don't know what to do now for a couple of months. Please help and i do not want a clean install.

:)

AlanTang3, Jan 28, 2020
  2. jsfitz54 Win User

Download Windows 10 TH/RS

@Drone

Is That "1703" a TYPO or should it be 1706?

Thanks for this thread.

jsfitz54, Jan 28, 2020
  3. maskedbox.dll problem on windows 10 build 1703

Good Day,

we encounter on our problem before the windows update our program is working properly. but after we update it into build 1703 our program is not responding during file entry. it seems the maskedbox.dll is not working on new build of windows 10. any suggestion
    or idea how to fix and allowed the maskedbox.dll to run on build 1703 windows 10

jaysonmatudio, Jan 28, 2020
  4. OmedAli Win User

Disable Automatic Updates Button in Windows 10 Build 1607 and 1703

Hi,

I have tried the below solution for disabling automatic update for Windows 10 Anniversary Update(Build 1607) and Windows 10 Creators Update(Build 1703)

• Click Start, click Run, and then type regedit in the Open box.

• Locate and then click the following key in the registry:
      HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate\AU

• Add one of the following settings:

• Value name: NoAutoUpdate
        Value data: 0 or 1
        • 0: Automatic Updates is enabled (default).
        • 1: Automatic Updates is disabled.
        Registry Value Type: Reg_DWORD

• Value name: AUOptions
        Value data: 1 to 4
        • 1: Keep my computer up to date has been disabled in Automatic Updates.
        • 2: Notify of download and installation.
        • 3: Automatically download and notify of installation.
        • 4: Automatically download and scheduled installation.
        Registry Value Type: Reg_DWORD

Refer:

Manage additional Windows Update settings (Windows 10) - Windows Deployment

But it does not. It works on Windows 10 Build 1511.

Any suggests will be helpful.

OmedAli, Jan 28, 2020
Thema:

1. Unable to update Windows 10 since build 1703 - Similar Threads - Unable update since

2. Unable to update windows 10 from 1703 to 1903

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to update windows 10 from 1703 to 1903: Tried normal update failed. Tried with Windows Update assistance failed. Issue Windows Tried to install Update and after installing it asking to restart on restart it starts updating and then crashes. On starting again update is rolled back....
  3. Windows 10 unable to update past ver 1703

Windows 10 unable to update past ver 1703: Up and though ver 1703 Windows 10 was able to update itself without problems. Ever since 1703 Window 10 updates fail to install. What is irritating is I often get the message "We can't tell if your PC has enough space to continue installing Windows 10. Try restarting...
  4. Cannot disable automatic updates on Windows build 1703

Cannot disable automatic updates on Windows build 1703: Hello, So a few months ago I had to roll my computer back from Windows build 1803 to build 1703 due to many unsolvable bugs involving my GPU. Ever since, Windows has been trying to automatically download build 1803 everyday. I searched online for advice on how to turn off...
  5. Windows 10 build 1703 to 1803

Windows 10 build 1703 to 1803: Hi, I have around 300 Windows 10 build 1703 machines laptops / desktops and looking to upgrade to build 1803. I have not tested anything just yet but looking to get a heads up here. When moving to a new build does windows remove the users favourites from IE? Do Windows...
  6. Windows Update Not Working Build 1703

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Update Not Working Build 1703: Hi, I was wondering if there's an issue with Windows Update or my PC. I've been trying to get this build right for a while, and just when I think I have it, I find another issue! I'll give you a little background to start. I built this PC to be a multi-purpose...
  7. Windows 10 update 1703

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 update 1703: I found this update this morning. It has been "installing" now for 3 hours and sees to be in a loop where it shows Dowloading Updates, Preparing to install updates, then goes back to Downloading Updates. Is this a loop or wilI it complete? 91723
  8. VS2003 to run in Windows 10 1703 Build

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VS2003 to run in Windows 10 1703 Build: There is a post here with the exact problem that I am encountering, however, I cannot revert to the last windows 10 build and reinstalling the software did not work. Is there any other way for me to run VS2003? I need to for a legacy program that the company that I work for...
  9. BSOD Windows 10 build 1703 and 1709

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD Windows 10 build 1703 and 1709: Hi there.. please forgive me if i mess up any posting instructions.. i'm new here, and i've made an account to get some help with some BSOD issues on my system.. i've created the files as instructed in the BSOD posting instructions and i have attached the zip for you. I'll...
  10. Unable to update to Creator Update 1703

Unable to update to Creator Update 1703: Hello, I have just downloaded the update assistant to update to Windows 10 Creator Update 1703. The assistant warns me that my Windows 10 version is outdated (14393) and that I need to install the 15063. The download starts up regularly and the installation starts also...