Windows 10: Unable to update windows 10 to latest version

Discus and support Unable to update windows 10 to latest version in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I tried to update my windows 10 to its latest version. I tried to update it using windows 10 update assistant. My Laptop met all requirements. When I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Aryan Jingade, Dec 29, 2018.

1. Unable to update windows 10 to latest version

I tried to update my windows 10 to its latest version. I tried to update it using windows 10 update assistant. My Laptop met all requirements. When I started downloading, after a while it told me to check my network connection.

:)

Aryan Jingade, Dec 29, 2018
  2. Al Burc Win User

Unable to update Window 10 Pro version 1607 to version 1709

Have made several attempts to update Windows 10 version 1607 to the latest version 1709 and have not been successful.

I've done the following per some suggestions found online:

• Updated drivers
    • Ran the Trouble Shooter for Windows 10 (Errors found were shown to be "Fixed" per the tool)
    • Unplugged the printer
    • Ran the DISM.exe
    Although not at every attempt, I have received the following errors:

• 0xc1900101 - 0x30018
    • 0x900704c7
    Can someone please advise me as to what the errors are and provide me with the steps to update Windows.

Thank you

Al Burc, Dec 29, 2018
  3. P4-630 Win User
    Comodo Software users Windows 10 *Important*

Unable to update windows 10 to latest version capture-jpg.jpg

"Hi All,
    We stronly advise Comodo users not to update to latest MS update KB4022716, which is available for Windows 10 users till they have new fixed version of Comodo internet security products installed.

Affected Products:
    - Comodo Internet Security / Comodo Antivirus / Comodo Firewall (Affected versions: v6246 and below)
    - Comodo Cloud Antivirus (Affected versions: v533 and below)
    - Internet Security Essentials (Affected versions: v81 and below)
    - Comodo Secure Shopping (Affected versions: v97 and below)

Possible Problems:
    In case you have updated to MS update KB4022716 prior to updating to latest fixed version of Comodo products, following issues may appear:

- Crashing browsers
    - May not be able to login to Windows

Resolution:
    If you are able to login, you can uninstall Comodo and re-install latest fixed Comodo version. Else you need to go to Windows Safe Mode and uninstall Comodo product or re-store system to state before Comodo product was installed.

In case you want to keep Comodo and pause Windows updates for some time, you may use following steps:
    Step - 1: Click on Start icon on Windows
    Step - 2: Next click on Settings menu item, it will open "Windows Settings" window
    Step - 3: Select "Update & Security" section from there and it will show "Windows Update" section
    Step - 4: Click on "Advanced Options" next, there is "Pause Updates" section allowing you to pause Windows updates for next several days

You can find same steps with images here .

Reason:
    There are unexpected changes in last MS update KB4022716, which are incompatible with Comodo products.
    "

https://forums.comodo.com/news-anno...ate-kb4022716os-build-15063447-t119928.0.html

P4-630, Dec 29, 2018
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Unable to update windows 10 to latest version

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 29, 2018
Thema:

Unable to update windows 10 to latest version

1. Unable to update windows 10 to latest version - Similar Threads - Unable update latest

2. Unable to update to latest version of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to update to latest version of Windows 10: I have been unable to update my desktop from version 1903 to the latest version of Windows. I have attempted to update through the on-board Windows update feature, directly though downloads page on microsoft.com as well as using the media creation tool on a USB but after the...
  3. Unable to update to latest version of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to update to latest version of Windows 10: I have been unable to update my desktop from version 1903 to the latest version of Windows. I have attempted to update through the on-board Windows update feature, directly though downloads page on microsoft.com as well as using the media creation tool on a USB but after the...
  4. Unable to update to latest version of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Unable to update windows to latest version 20H2

Unable to update windows to latest version 20H2: check for updates don't show any new updates did troubleshoot windows update, it couldn't find anything wrong tried running windows 10 update assistant, it states that this pc can't be upgraded to the latest version pc is hp 440 G4 anything i can try here ? [ATTACH]...
  6. Unable to update to latest Windows version

Unable to update to latest Windows version: Any assistance with the following matter will be greatly appreciated. My PC is currently running Windows 10, version 1803, which has reached end of service. When I hit 'Check for updates', it says "You're up to date". When I install and run the Windows Update Assistant,...
  7. Unable to update to latest version of Windows (1909)

Unable to update to latest version of Windows (1909): Currently running 1803, and I've been attempting to update to 1903 since its release in May and now to 1909 for the last month. The updates download normally in the Windows Update setting, and get to about 84% installation before throwing an Error 0x80070003. Solutions...
  8. Unable to update to latest version of Windows 10

Unable to update to latest version of Windows 10: I'm not a computer geek, so when answering please bear in mind. My HP laptop has been unable to get an update to the latest Windows version and the message says that the support from Microsoft for the one that I currently have will be shortly discontinued. I get a message...
  9. Unable to update latest version of windows

Unable to update latest version of windows: Hello I am facing difficulty in updating latest version of windows 10 & error which is coing is Error 0x80070005 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-update-latest-version-of-windows/325e77e7-4ff2-46f0-8dbe-f83035a0c133
  10. unable to update latest version for windows defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    unable to update latest version for windows defender: unable to update latest version for windows defender kindly provide solution https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/unable-to-update-latest-version-for-windows/95367313-8fb7-4d10-9ea3-672e80f336e9