Windows 10: Unable to Update Windows 10 to Version 1909 - Undoing Changes

Discus and support Unable to Update Windows 10 to Version 1909 - Undoing Changes in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, For a few weeks now I have been trying to update my windows 10, and I keep getting an update error, and a message"Undoing Changes" When I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DayanBalevski, Mar 22, 2020.

1. Unable to Update Windows 10 to Version 1909 - Undoing Changes

Hello,

For a few weeks now I have been trying to update my windows 10, and I keep getting an update error, and a message"Undoing Changes"

When I look at the update history, the error code is 0x800f0922.

My current windows version is: 10.0.18363 Build 18363

I have tried all of the proposed solutions online, and the Windows Update Troubleshooter says that no issues are present.

The only option I haven't been able to try is increasing my System Reserved Partition Size... the problem is that I do not see a"System Reserved" partition in my Disk Management panel...

Unable to Update Windows 10 to Version 1909 - Undoing Changes ff80e015-be57-4d2d-b6ce-58dd651190ad?upload=true.png

Unable to Update Windows 10 to Version 1909 - Undoing Changes f9b296a9-3b81-44a0-bc0b-afb5811c92eb?upload=true.png

Please, any recommendations are appreciated.

Thanks!

:)

DayanBalevski, Mar 22, 2020
  2. deving Win User

User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

deving, Mar 22, 2020
  3. Undo changes automatically when updating 1909

I am trying to update my Windows from 1903 to 1909 using the Windows 10 Update Wizard. The wizard finishes its work normally and reboots the system. After rebooting the system, the screen showed that the system is being updated, but when the process reached
    approximately 30%, the system rebooted again and a line of white words on the black screen wrote "Undoing the changes made to your computer ". After another reboot I entered the system, but the version is still 1903. How can I deal with this problem? Thank
    you!

WilliamHoover2, Mar 22, 2020
  4. Unable to Update Windows 10 to Version 1909 - Undoing Changes

Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary drive not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, Mar 22, 2020
Thema:

Unable to Update Windows 10 to Version 1909 - Undoing Changes

1. Unable to Update Windows 10 to Version 1909 - Undoing Changes - Similar Threads - Unable Update Version

2. Unable to update from Windows 10 version 1909

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to update from Windows 10 version 1909: I've recently become aware of how outdated my Windows is and after looking at my update history I noticed everytime my computer tried to update I recieved "Failed to install on MM/DD/YYYY - 0x80242016"I've tried various things to fix this issue, and will list them...
  3. Unable to update from Windows 10 version 1909

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to update from Windows 10 version 1909: I've recently become aware of how outdated my Windows is and after looking at my update history I noticed everytime my computer tried to update I recieved "Failed to install on MM/DD/YYYY - 0x80242016"I've tried various things to fix this issue, and will list them...
  4. Unable to update from Windows 10 version 1909

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Unable to complete the update undoing changes

Unable to complete the update undoing changes: All my systems in my office will not update and gives me the error undoing changes. I have tried many things on the web but to no avail.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-complete-the-update-undoing-changes/0629ff89-f37a-4ea4-be87-67cf778324c2
  6. unable to update to Windows 10 Version 1909

unable to update to Windows 10 Version 1909: I tried to update my PC to 1909 from 1903, but the installation failed. I looked up the error code and i fixed what it said the error was. Now i can't try and update it to 1909 again but it says im up to date but i'm only on 1903. The option to update to 1909 again is gone,...
  7. Undo changes automatically when updating 1909

Undo changes automatically when updating 1909: I am trying to update my Windows from 1903 to 1909 using the Windows 10 Update Wizard. The wizard finishes its work normally and reboots the system. After rebooting the system, the screen showed that the system is being updated, but when the process reached approximately 30%,...
  8. Windows 10 Unable to complete updates. Undoing changes

Windows 10 Unable to complete updates. Undoing changes: Ive tried Safe Mode, full re-download, running DSIM, renaming the SoftwareDistribution folder (it said this folder doesnt exist), ive run windows update troubleshooter, I ran a SFC scan. Each time windows update will run through the download, reboot and begin installing on...
  9. Windows 10: Unable to complete updates. Undoing changes

Windows 10: Unable to complete updates. Undoing changes: I'm running Windows 10 Pro (10.0.17134) on a Dell G3 and have been trying to get the latest Windows 10 updates installed, but part way through installation I get the message "Unable to complete updates. Undoing changes" and it rolls everything back. I've run the Windows...
  10. Windows was unable to update undoing changes

Windows was unable to update undoing changes: Ok so I tried using my Nvidia experience to try and record my gameplay and im not sure if there was an update confliction, I went to my windows update screen and there are several updates that are not updating. When the updates finish and I restart the computer im greeted...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 1909 undo changes made tonyour computer

2. unable to upgrade windows 10 to version 1909

3. unable to upgrade to windows 10 1909

4. windows 10 safe mode couldnt complete updates undoing changed,
  5. version 10.0.18363 build 18363 unable to update,
  6. windows update 1909 undoing changes made to your computer,
  7. win 10 1909 couldnt complete,
  8. win 1909 attempting to recover undoing changes to your computer