Windows 10: Unable to update Windows 10 via several methods

Discus and support Unable to update Windows 10 via several methods in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am currently running Windows 10 Pro V 1909., I am trying to update but I am having quite a few issues. I don't know if this is the cause or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by FraserHowell, Apr 1, 2021.

1. Unable to update Windows 10 via several methods

I am currently running Windows 10 Pro V 1909., I am trying to update but I am having quite a few issues.

I don't know if this is the cause or unrelated but I recently changed my licence key, I realized the one I was using was a volume licence and I have now changed to a Retail licence.

In Windows Update I can "check for updates" and it finds a Windows update, it downloads and installs but requires a restart to install. When I click restart now I get the following error " We’re having trouble restarting to finish the install. Please try again in a little while. If you keep seeing this, try searching the web or contacting support for help. This error code might help: 0x80070005"

I did some research and have tried a few things.

I have run the troubleshooter, It says it has fixed some issues but the error persists.

I have used the Virtual Agent and followed its instructions to resolve the issue which includes running Dism and sfc in command line.

I have followed the instructions at this site to manually reset Windows Update https://pureinfotech.com/reset-windows-update-windows-10-fix-downloads-installs/ After doing this I downloaded the update again but I still get the same error.

I downloaded the Media Creation tool and used it to try and update, It downloaded and installed part of it and restarted but the update then froze on 23%. Even the screen animation froze, I left it like this for a couple of hours and nothing changed forcing me to reset. After the PC booted again the creation tool displayed this error "the installation failed in the safe_os phase with an error during migrate_data operation".

I am now at a loss as to how to resolve this issue short of a full reinstall of Windows.

Any help greatly appreciated.

:)

FraserHowell, Apr 1, 2021
  2. Mussels Win User

Installing Windows Vista/7 Via flash drive (Mussels Method)

Thread updated with a newer method that allows multiple windows OS's on the one USB. nice little windows GUI, but a few more steps than the old method.

This method supports XP.

Mussels, Apr 1, 2021
  3. Windows 10 download speed issues

Try this method:
    • First of all from Start Menu, open Settings (Type settings in the search bar and it will appear).
    • locate and select “Update and Security“.
    • in this window, Locate “Advanced Options”. Click on it.
    • In Advanced Options; Click on “Choose How Updates are Delivered“.
    • Turn off Updates from more than one place.
    Your system will not work as a seeder for other Windows 10 users. It will give sudden boast to your Slow internet speed.

lorraine walsh, Apr 1, 2021
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Unable to update Windows 10 via several methods

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Apr 1, 2021
Thema:

Unable to update Windows 10 via several methods

1. Unable to update Windows 10 via several methods - Similar Threads - Unable update via

2. Unable to update Windows 10 via GPO

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to update Windows 10 via GPO: I have about 250 laptops and 160 desktops in my organizationI am not using SCCM for windows update yet. I do not mind them connecting to internet to download updates from MicrosoftThe issue is I am unable to force them to update via GPO that I configuredComputer Config \...
  3. Unable to update Windows 10 via GPO

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to update Windows 10 via GPO: I have about 250 laptops and 160 desktops in my organizationI am not using SCCM for windows update yet. I do not mind them connecting to internet to download updates from MicrosoftThe issue is I am unable to force them to update via GPO that I configuredComputer Config \...
  4. Unable to update Windows 10 via GPO

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Unable to update via Windows Update Error 0x800f0984

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to update via Windows Update Error 0x800f0984: I am having trouble updating through Windows Update on my PC. This is the error I am getting, 0x800f0984. I run SFC through CMD and it is 100% complete, but it says there are errors that cannot be fixed. When I run DISM at the command prompt, this is the error I get. Error...
  6. Windows 10, unable to log in with any method.

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Windows 10, unable to log in with any method.: I took some apparently awful and stupid advice in trying to fix windows eating my RAM. Users said: Open up "regedit" and go this key. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\Ndu Change the "Start" value to 4 to disable it. No one said anything negative...
  7. Unable to Update Windows via Automatic Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to Update Windows via Automatic Update: Hi, I am not able to update my Windows 10 Pro since the last version 1809. I can recall that the update was working before. I have tried to use Troubleshoot but it couldn't fix the issue. I have also downloaded and ran Windows 10 Update Assistant but right after it...
  8. Unable to Connect to LAN PC via normal method but can connect via command prompt

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to Connect to LAN PC via normal method but can connect via command prompt: Hi I've been facing this issue of not being able to connect to other PC's on the same LAN network. I have tried: 1 Typing the IP address of said PC on the address bar of the window wherein it asks for user id and password but doesn't connect 2 Going to Network and double...
  9. Unable to install windows updates via updater or manually

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Unable to install windows updates via updater or manually: Good day! I am stumped and at the end of my rope--- for a while now I have had some issues with windows not updating, plus the troubleshooter wont work.. (any of them). yesterday I downloaded the media creation tool and created an ISO image and reinstalled windows keeping my...
  10. Several Windows 10 builds "leaked" via Windows Update...

in Windows 10 News
    Several Windows 10 builds "leaked" via Windows Update...: One anomaly that Microsoft likely didn't account for when changing the practice of updating whole Windows 10 builds through the Windows Update mechanism, is the one where users will dissect the whole process and see if it can be exploited. And, of course, this is exactly what...