Windows 10: Unable to update windows and a bunch of different BSODs

Discus and support Unable to update windows and a bunch of different BSODs in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So I got a new CPU(i7 7700 and motherboard (Asrock b 250 pro4) and Ram(random 16 Gb dimms) yesterday as I was running a first gen intel i7 before the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by vetezejr, May 4, 2021.

1. vetezejr Win User

Unable to update windows and a bunch of different BSODs

So I got a new CPU(i7 7700 and motherboard (Asrock b 250 pro4) and Ram(random 16 Gb dimms) yesterday as I was running a first gen intel i7 before the upgrade. I installed the new parts and everything was going all fine and dandy....for 15 minutes when I started getting unwarranted game crashes, 10 different BSOD stop codes. I tried everything updating windows(error code 0x800f0900) reinstalling from media creation tool, making a boot drive from media creation tool and getting the same error code. I've tried everything google says to do please help me! OS build: 19042.867

:)

vetezejr, May 4, 2021
  2. Knoxx29 Win User

Windows Update (BSOD)

Hi Guys.
    I have Built a Machine for Crunching a few days ago and I have some issues with Windows Update.

I have installed all Windows Updates but there are around 9 left without been installed becasue everytime i try to install it the Machine Crash and I get a BSOD, can someone tell me what could be causing that Windows Updates makes a Machine crash and get BSOD?

Cheers.

Knoxx29, May 4, 2021
  3. cplpro Win User
    7 different BSoD

Hey guys,

I have a serious problem. I make it as short as possible:

• system runs 100 % fine with the 10.12
    • updatet to Catalyst 11.1 -> BSoD
    • updatet to 11.1 Hotfix -> BSoD
    • rollback to 10.12 -> BSoD
    • removed ALL AMD files manually, installed 10.12 -> BSoD
    • Temps are fine
    • no sfc /scannow errors
    • no chkdsk errors
    • Prime, Furmark all fine
    • regardless what driver I install -> BSoD
    • I did no hw changes, no OC
    Here are my BSoDs I receive:
    • 0x0000010e
    • 0x1000007e
    • 0x0000007e
    • 0x0000004e
    • 0x0000003b
    • dxgmms1.sys
    • PFN_LIST_CORRUPT
    They all refer to the GPU of course ...

From now on I receive a BSoD every time I try to play a game (especially BC2 and SC II) even if I completely remove the old driver and make a clean install.
    Apparently the 11.1 damaged my system irreparable.

Any advice or info would be very much appreciated *Smile Unable to update windows and a bunch of different BSODs :)

cplpro, May 4, 2021
  4. HAT
    hat Win User

Windows Update suddenly hangs?

Windows Update is suddenly hanging for some reason... I went and downloaded and installed the first bunch of updates, restarted when asked, and now when I go back to windows update I just get the window with a white box forever. Reboot and it still does it. This happens to be on my main machine, running windows 7.

I've also noticed when I reboot it says configuring windows update, step 3 of 3, 47%. Maybe it somehow skipped something and is screwed forever?

Thema:

1. Unable to update windows and a bunch of different BSODs - Similar Threads - Unable update bunch

2. GPU "died" after a bunch of bsods occured

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    GPU "died" after a bunch of bsods occured: I have a 1 year old notebook PC and the model is FX505DT ASUS. It was working fine a day before I starts to get BSODs.It's in a very fast speed that it just flash after the screen freeze and I am not able to look the error code so I decided take a look at the event viewer....
  3. A bunch of BSODs lately

in Windows 10 Gaming
    A bunch of BSODs lately: Hi everyone, I've been having issues with my 2 years old PC since 2-3 months ago with BSODs. I reformatted my PC a month ago thinking this issue might go away but it's coming back. I ran driver verifier and there was no BSOD. It used to not let me boot with driver verifier...
  4. A bunch of BSODs lately

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A bunch of BSODs lately: Hi everyone, I've been having issues with my 2 years old PC since 2-3 months ago with BSODs. I reformatted my PC a month ago thinking this issue might go away but it's coming back. I ran driver verifier and there was no BSOD. It used to not let me boot with driver verifier...
  5. A bunch of BSODs lately

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  6. Bunch Of BSOD i dont know why

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bunch Of BSOD i dont know why: İm using this pc about 4 years and first 2 years was perfect, then 2 years ago BSODs began. Im using GTX1050 ti. The games that im playing right now. Pubg Lite , League Of Legends , Counter Strike:GO , im looking for required system properties and all for those games my pc...
  7. Windows Update has been failing for the last 2 months, tried a bunch of different things...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Update has been failing for the last 2 months, tried a bunch of different things...: https://gyazo.com/eed6c7205022198e6de32d937ceba71d The February update (KB4537572) always fails to install and I'm not sure what to do to fix it. I've tried manual downloads, repair installation, and some things using cmd. Also I'm not sure if it's related but for some...
  8. BSOD with different codes unable to understand.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD with different codes unable to understand.: I am facing BSOD from a while with different error codes, i updated my drivers and bios too still i am getting the issues. I have attached the mini dump files, please help me to resolve the issue. link for mini dumps- Minidumps my system info -system info Please help....
  9. Unable to do windows update and BSOD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to do windows update and BSOD: I am unable to do windows update , whenever I try it freezes and won't open ( if I switch tab too). I have already deleted software distribution folder and it didn't help. Any idea?...
  10. New PC.. A bunch of different BSOD errors linked to the Kernel system (Dump files included)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New PC.. A bunch of different BSOD errors linked to the Kernel system (Dump files included): As the title suggests, I just recently built a new gaming pc. Here are the specs: ASROCK 450M PRO 4M (MINI-ATX MOTHERBOARD) Ryzen 2600 Geforce 1070TI DUKE (MSI) 16GB (8GB X 2 OF TEAM 3000 MHZ RAM) 550W GOLD+ PSU If you need anything else just let me know. Now onto the...