Windows 10: Unable to update windows because of damaged video card

Discus and support Unable to update windows because of damaged video card in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi, I have a Dell Inspiron with damaged Radeon video card, 'I use the built-in Intel one", and I can only boot Windows with this card disabled. I'm ok... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by dabour, Jun 19, 2019.

1. dabour Win User

Unable to update windows because of damaged video card

Hi,
    I have a Dell Inspiron with damaged Radeon video card, 'I use the built-in Intel one", and I can only boot Windows with this card disabled. I'm ok with that as I don't use any intensive graphic programes.

My Windows 10 version is: 1809 build 17763.557. Windows update offers a new featured update that I can not install, tried two times and failed, it crash to BSOD when restarting, surely because of this damaged card.

My question is: Is there any way I can get this update? Maybe using Windows media creation tool?

Thanks for any help.

:)

dabour, Jun 19, 2019

2. How to reload video card in windows 10

Hello Sassywax,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community Forums. We are glad to help you.

I would suggest you to run “Hardware and Devices” troubleshooter to diagnose the exact issue.

Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Press “Windows key + X”.

• Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the Search box and hit enter.

• Select “Hardware and Sound” from the Troubleshooter Window.

• Select “Hardware and Devices” under Devices option.
    Follow the On Screen instructions.

Method 2: Update
    the latest video card drivers and check if that helps:

Follow these steps:

• Press “Windows Key + X” from the keyboard.

• Type “device Manager” without quotes in the search box and hit enter.

• Right click on the video card drivers and select
      “Update”.
    If the issue persists, uninstall and reinstall the latest video card drivers from the manufacturer’s website.

Hope this information helps. Feel free to get back to us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Thanks and regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Jun 19, 2019
  3. sd card problem with videos

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern, and we in Community will try to help you in the best possible way we can.

If the video card drivers are outdated or corrupted you might such issues.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Press “Windows key + R”, type
      devmgmt.msc and press Enter.

• Expand Display Adapters and right click on the
      video card.

• Click on Update
      and follow the on-screen prompts to update the driver.

Hope the information helps, if you have any further queries, feel free to post. We are here to assist you.

Regards,

Guru Kiran

Guru Kiran G, Jun 19, 2019
  4. JMartz65 Win User

sd card problem with videos

It says the best driver is already installed. I really think it's an issue related to the sd card hardware or driver. The problem doesn't happen if the videos are on the hard drive.

JMartz65, Jun 19, 2019
Thema:

1. Unable to update windows because of damaged video card - Similar Threads - Unable update damaged

2. Unable to Update because of a glitch

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to Update because of a glitch: So I was trying to update to update 20h2, and my computer said that I had to uninstall an app that was incompatible with the update. I have never seen the app before, so I went to "Apps and features" to check if I had it. I didn't and wondered why Windows kept telling me to...
  3. updating video card video tdr failure

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    updating video card video tdr failure: i'm looking for an easy and safe way to update a HP video driver. i run windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/updating-video-card-video-tdr-failure/8fed8dee-33bf-41b4-9068-9a879735c03a
  4. Windows Player - Can't play videos because there's a problem with your video card

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Player - Can't play videos because there's a problem with your video card: What is happening with the video player all of a sudden....? Is this one of those Windows updates that breaks your computer... The videos are not playing well, sometimes they run, then they start to crack the image or freeze all together. It says there is a problem with...
  5. Exchange of a product because hardware is damaged

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Exchange of a product because hardware is damaged: I bought a razer blade 15.6 from the Microsoft store and the hardware is damaged, they told me i can return it and get credit to the store. My question is if i have to purchase items that are equivalent to the price of the blade or if i get the difference if i were to get a...
  6. video card needs update

video card needs update: My screen saver will not work it says video card needs updating. Windows update says I am up to date. And Troubleshoot can not find a problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-card-needs-update/182f43f4-7dab-4982-95d6-49a6a7f3c359
  7. Unable to update windows because of damaged video card

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to update windows because of damaged video card: Hi, I have a Dell Inspiron with damaged Radeon video card, 'I use the built-in Intel one", and I can only boot Windows with this card disabled. I'm ok with that as I don't use any intensive graphic programes. My Windows 10 version is: 1809 build 17763.557. Windows update...
  8. video card update

video card update: I need to update my video card update. I have went where I was told to do but it didn't work. How can I download a free driver ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-card-update/0576ef8a-6903-4337-928b-ebf85e69a258
  9. windows graphics video card update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows graphics video card update: I had a guy from Microsoft website take over my computer with my permission of course but he told me that I would have windows graphic video card installed but when I went to go install second life viewer onto my new pc it had that my video graphics card was not installed...
  10. Unable to update Windows 10 because:

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unable to update Windows 10 because:: Can anyone tell me if Avira Antivirus is legitimate?? Unable to update my Windows 10 because msg states that the update cannot remove the App. (Avira Antivirus) and I have to remove it manually before the program can run the Windows 10 update. Any suggestions on this????...