Windows 10: Unable to update Windows, can't do a clean boot due to usb devices not connecting

Discus and support Unable to update Windows, can't do a clean boot due to usb devices not connecting in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a big problem, not sure how it happened but my Windows updates kept failing to install recently. Lately I noticed that any new USB devices I try... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BrianJohnson1357, Sep 26, 2020.

1. Unable to update Windows, can't do a clean boot due to usb devices not connecting

I have a big problem, not sure how it happened but my Windows updates kept failing to install recently. Lately I noticed that any new USB devices I try to connect are not working, and I am unable to download/install the latest Windows updates anymore despite trying every single troubleshooting step available I reset Windows updates, tried to reset Windows which keeps failing.

To make matters worse, I can't do a clean boot from a USB because every time I connect a USB device now it keeps saying the driver is unavailable.

I need an alternate way to clean install Windows 10 or to fix my broken Windows updater that refuses to update.

Please Help!!!

:)

BrianJohnson1357, Sep 26, 2020
  2. thraxed Win User

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Sep 26, 2020
  3. USB clean boot problem

USB media might be corrupt, try creating a fresh copyu.

Step 1: download a copy of Windows 10 you have a license for directly:

https://windows10.help/blogs/entry/...te-iso-files-directly-using-your-web-browser/

Step 2: Create a bootable copy using Rufus:

Rufus, a small tool you can download for free.

Unable to update Windows, can't do a clean boot due to usb devices not connecting [​IMG]

Rufus - credit: Pete Batard/Akeo

After you have installed Rufus:

• Launch it
    • Select ISO Image
    • Point to the Windows 10 ISO file
    • Check off Create a bootable disk using
    • Select GPT partitioning for EUFI firmware as the Partition scheme
    • Choose FAT32 NOT NTFS as the File system
    • Make sure your USB thumbdrive in the Device list box
    • Click Start
    • Close when complete

Step 3: Perform a clean install using the instructions how to boot from your USB thumb drive:

How to: Perform a clean install of Windows 10

Andre Da Costa, Sep 26, 2020
  4. Kem Mon Win User

Unable to update Windows, can't do a clean boot due to usb devices not connecting

USB wireless mouse 'USB device not recognised'

Hi,

There are a lot of possible reason why this issue has occurred. We have some
    questions for your to isolate this matter:

• Have you tried using the USB mouse to other computer?

• Is this happening with other devices?

• What other troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We suggest that you perform these methods of troubleshooting steps and check if there's any changes:

Method 1: Run the
    Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter.

To run the
    Troubleshooter,
    follow these steps:

• On the search bar, type
      Troubleshooting
      and hit
      Enter.

• Choose
      Hardware and Sound.

• Click on
      Hardware and Devices
      to run the troubleshooter

Method 2: Update your drivers.

To know how to update your drivers, click
    here.

Method 3:
    Run SFC Scan.  

To run an
    SFC scan, follow these steps:  

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.  

• Type
      sfc /scannow
      and hit
      Enter.   

Method 4:
    Run DISM Tool.  

To run
    DISM Tool, follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.  

• Type the following command:  

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /scanhealth  

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth  

NOTE:
    This might take a while to finish scanning.
    Do not cancel. 

Method 5: Clean Boot.

To perform a
    Clean Boot, click
    here.

Note:
    Reset the computer back to
    Normal Mode
    once you are done with the troubleshooting by following the section
    "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting"
    from the same article.

If the issue persists, it is possible that the
    device itself has issues. We suggest that you
    contact the store
    from where you
    bought the device.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards

Kem Mon, Sep 26, 2020
Thema:

Unable to update Windows, can't do a clean boot due to usb devices not connecting

1. Unable to update Windows, can't do a clean boot due to usb devices not connecting - Similar Threads - Unable update can't

2. Windows 11 will only boot with a USB device connected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 will only boot with a USB device connected: I recently built a new system and installed a copy of Apple i-DOS aka windows 11. Specifically, I installed windows 10 via usb and then immediately upgraded because installing the latest version directly would not work. The only way this system will boot is if there is a usb...
  3. Windows 11 will only boot with a USB device connected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 will only boot with a USB device connected: I recently built a new system and installed a copy of Apple i-DOS aka windows 11. Specifically, I installed windows 10 via usb and then immediately upgraded because installing the latest version directly would not work. The only way this system will boot is if there is a usb...
  4. Unable to boot windows, due to bitlocker

Unable to boot windows, due to bitlocker: i have changed my hard disk to secondary laptop, unable to boot due to bitlocker and unable to access my bitlocker key and pin as its showing error - TraceID: 5+SzpWSCo0aaaQ1V.6.70 Something happened. Wait a bit, then try again. If this issue persists, contact us. , kindly...
  5. Unable to boot windows, due to bitlocker

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to boot windows, due to bitlocker: i have changed my hard disk to secondary laptop, unable to boot due to bitlocker and unable to access my bitlocker key and pin as its showing error - TraceID: 5+SzpWSCo0aaaQ1V.6.70 Something happened. Wait a bit, then try again. If this issue persists, contact us. , kindly...
  6. Unable to boot windows, due to bitlocker

in Windows 10 Gaming
  7. Usb devices connecting but not doing anything

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Usb devices connecting but not doing anything: I am having a problem with my laptop as for some reason, I can connect usb devices like my switch controller or use it wirelessly but my computer acts as if it is not connected at all as even though it is connected, no inputs affect the computer...
  8. Usb devices connecting but not doing anything

Usb devices connecting but not doing anything: I am having a problem with my laptop as for some reason, I can connect usb devices like my switch controller or use it wirelessly but my computer acts as if it is not connected at all as even though it is connected, no inputs affect the computer...
  9. Unable to boot from the USB installation media to do a clean installation of windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to boot from the USB installation media to do a clean installation of windows 10: Hello, I have a lenovo Ideopad 320 and I created an installation media to do a clean installation of windows 10. I cannot get my laptop to boot from the USB, is there any keys I have to press when I turn the power on? I need help as soon as possible please. We need to...
  10. Inaccessible boot device due to latest Windows updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Inaccessible boot device due to latest Windows updates: This is beyond frustrating. I've been on the phone with Windows tech support and they have been useless. I want to disable Windows 10 updates completely as a result of the nightmare I'm facing. BOTH my laptop and desktop are suffering inaccessible boot device from the latest...