Windows 10: Unable to update Windows to 20 Hw

Discus and support Unable to update Windows to 20 Hw in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have attempted to update Windows for the 100th time. I have tried implementing every workaround available on the community. Please note, wiping and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SyedTahir16, May 16, 2021.

1. Unable to update Windows to 20 Hw

I have attempted to update Windows for the 100th time. I have tried implementing every workaround available on the community. Please note, wiping and re-installing is not an option. The problem seems to be with a plugin "EdgeMigrationPlugin.dll"Below is the result from setupdiag.exe:"Matching Profile found: FindFatalPluginFailure - E48E3F1C-26F6-4AFB-859B-BF637DA49636 SetupDiag version: 1.0.0.0 System Information: Machine Name = LAPTOP-56OSNJPH Manufacturer = LENOVO Model = 81BT HostOSArchitecture = 1033 FirmwareType = UEFI BiosReleaseDate = 20200630000000.000000+000 BiosVendor = 6JCN33

:)

SyedTahir16, May 16, 2021
  2. bryanjuho Win User

Looking for a way to install drivers on 20 laptops with the same HW

Hi, i recently bought 20 laptops(all w/ the same exact HW) with no OS pre-installed.
    I need to install Windows, set drivers and configure settings for all 20 PCs.
    I have one laptop set-up already and I want to apply this to all remaining laptops.
    Any suggestions or ideas(3rd party software, etc) to do this efficiently?
    I'm thinking of a driver backup software for now, but still need recommendations.

Thank you in advance.

bryanjuho, May 16, 2021
  3. bbinnard Win User
    What will happen on Jan 20, 2016?

Strollin: I understand your suggestion, but that means I'll have to re-install all my sofftware etc. again. This is not an enticing thought at all.

LCDR: I tried the old activation code I used before - it is the same on you posted.

I tried the steps listed at the WinAero site. Last one failed because it said the server could not be located. But I did get the Jan 20, 2016 date back. So that's something.

bbinnard, May 16, 2021
  4. 3Colors Win User

Unable to update Windows to 20 Hw

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Unable to update Windows to 20 Hw :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, May 16, 2021
Thema:

Unable to update Windows to 20 Hw

1. Unable to update Windows to 20 Hw - Similar Threads - Unable update

2. Unable to restart Windows after a chain of events starting with an update failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to restart Windows after a chain of events starting with an update failure: Hi,In my computer with Windows 11 installed, Windows update was stuck at 30%. Even though I restarted it 2-3 times, nothing changed. Finally, it entered its own recovery section but options such as startup repair, Uninstall updates, Startup settings did not open at safe mode...
  3. Unable to restart Windows after a chain of events starting with an update failure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to restart Windows after a chain of events starting with an update failure: Hi,In my computer with Windows 11 installed, Windows update was stuck at 30%. Even though I restarted it 2-3 times, nothing changed. Finally, it entered its own recovery section but options such as startup repair, Uninstall updates, Startup settings did not open at safe mode...
  4. Unable to connect to the Internet after the latest KB5035853 Windows Security Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to connect to the Internet after the latest KB5035853 Windows Security Update: Hello! I have been facing the same issue with my PC. I had restarted it following to which it installed the 2024-03, cumulative update for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based systems KB5035853. But since then, my network connectivity has been lost. The internet connects and...
  5. Unable to connect to the Internet after the latest KB5035853 Windows Security Update

Unable to connect to the Internet after the latest KB5035853 Windows Security Update: Hello! I have been facing the same issue with my PC. I had restarted it following to which it installed the 2024-03, cumulative update for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based systems KB5035853. But since then, my network connectivity has been lost. The internet connects and...
  6. Unable to do anything with windows update including full PC reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to do anything with windows update including full PC reset: Currently unable to do anything with my windows, it's fully locked up but I can still get into my programs and play games.I have already tried literally everything availablehere are some things I'm experience:occasionally a stack buffer overflow warning in settings and...
  7. Unable to do anything with windows update including full PC reset

Unable to do anything with windows update including full PC reset: Currently unable to do anything with my windows, it's fully locked up but I can still get into my programs and play games.I have already tried literally everything availablehere are some things I'm experience:occasionally a stack buffer overflow warning in settings and...
  8. Unable to do anything with windows update including full PC reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Windows Update Error 0x80246008: Unable to Install Updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update Error 0x80246008: Unable to Install Updates: I'm experiencing difficulties with Windows Update on my system. Whenever I attempt to run Windows Update, I encounter error code "0x80246008." Despite trying various troubleshooting steps found online, I've been unable to resolve the issue.Error Message: Error code:...
  10. Windows Update Error 0x80246008: Unable to Install Updates

Windows Update Error 0x80246008: Unable to Install Updates: I'm experiencing difficulties with Windows Update on my system. Whenever I attempt to run Windows Update, I encounter error code "0x80246008." Despite trying various troubleshooting steps found online, I've been unable to resolve the issue.Error Message: Error code:...