Windows 10: Unable to Update

Discus and support Unable to Update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; For the past few days Windows has attempted to up date the PC. It gets to 30%, restarts, gets to 98% and then displays: "We couldn't complete the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by CWS666, Aug 15, 2020.

1. CWS666 Win User

Unable to Update

For the past few days Windows has attempted to up date the PC. It gets to 30%, restarts, gets to 98% and then displays:

"We couldn't complete the updates

Undoing changes

Don't turn off your computer"

I get the following error:

"There were some problems installing updates, but we’ll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help: 0x800f0922"

Does anyone know why this is happening please and how can I fix it?

:)

CWS666, Aug 15, 2020
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Unable to Update :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Aug 15, 2020
  3. Unable to Update to Creators update

Hi Farzin,

To know more about your concern with Creators Update, please clarify the following:

• Are you still experiencing the same issue on your computer?
    • Have you tried the suggested steps provided above?

We're looking forward to your reply.

Gerard Qui, Aug 15, 2020
  4. btarunr Win User

Unable to Update

Intel E5200 Gets Updated, R0 Stepping Coming Up

Intel's Pentium Dual-Core E5200 processor is getting on course for a specifications update. The chip will feature in a new, improved Wolfdale-2M core, spec'd out as the R0 stepping, from its current M0 stepping. The new stepping is intended to add new instructions, power-management features, and bring about changes in the chip-package. A short list of known changes is as follows:
    • CPUID changed from 10677 to 1067A
    • Power State Indicator (PSI) support with Intel 4 series chipsets
    • New instructions - XSAVE and XRSTOR
    • New S-spec and MM numbers
    • New halide-free chip package
    Due to the changed CPUID, users may require BIOS updates to detect the CPU. According to the company, E5200 R0 should be out by April 13.

Source: TechConnect Magazine

btarunr, Aug 15, 2020
Thema:

Unable to Update

1. Unable to Update - Similar Threads - Unable Update

2. Unable to connect to the Internet after the latest KB5035853 Windows Security Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to connect to the Internet after the latest KB5035853 Windows Security Update: Hello! I have been facing the same issue with my PC. I had restarted it following to which it installed the 2024-03, cumulative update for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based systems KB5035853. But since then, my network connectivity has been lost. The internet connects and...
  3. Unable to connect to the Internet after the latest KB5035853 Windows Security Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to connect to the Internet after the latest KB5035853 Windows Security Update: Hello! I have been facing the same issue with my PC. I had restarted it following to which it installed the 2024-03, cumulative update for Windows 11 Version 23H2 for x64-based systems KB5035853. But since then, my network connectivity has been lost. The internet connects and...
  4. Unable to do anything with windows update including full PC reset

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to do anything with windows update including full PC reset: Currently unable to do anything with my windows, it's fully locked up but I can still get into my programs and play games.I have already tried literally everything availablehere are some things I'm experience:occasionally a stack buffer overflow warning in settings and...
  5. Unable to do anything with windows update including full PC reset

Unable to do anything with windows update including full PC reset: Currently unable to do anything with my windows, it's fully locked up but I can still get into my programs and play games.I have already tried literally everything availablehere are some things I'm experience:occasionally a stack buffer overflow warning in settings and...
  6. Unable to do anything with windows update including full PC reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Windows Update Error 0x80246008: Unable to Install Updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update Error 0x80246008: Unable to Install Updates: I'm experiencing difficulties with Windows Update on my system. Whenever I attempt to run Windows Update, I encounter error code "0x80246008." Despite trying various troubleshooting steps found online, I've been unable to resolve the issue.Error Message: Error code:...
  8. Windows Update Error 0x80246008: Unable to Install Updates

Windows Update Error 0x80246008: Unable to Install Updates: I'm experiencing difficulties with Windows Update on my system. Whenever I attempt to run Windows Update, I encounter error code "0x80246008." Despite trying various troubleshooting steps found online, I've been unable to resolve the issue.Error Message: Error code:...
  9. Windows Update Error 0x80246008: Unable to Install Updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Unable to download 'Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus -...

Unable to download 'Security Intelligence Update for Microsoft Defender Antivirus -...: I can't the update and have a download error - 0x80070002 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-download-security-intelligence-update/add704d4-2999-4231-89af-320230679300