Windows 10: Unable to upgrade from build 9926 to anything

Discus and support Unable to upgrade from build 9926 to anything in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So I have had build 9926 for sometime and felt now would be a good time to upgrade...(been away traveling). First I attempted standard windows update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Rogue0888, Jul 28, 2015.

1. Rogue0888 Win User

Unable to upgrade from build 9926 to anything

So I have had build 9926 for sometime and felt now would be a good time to upgrade...(been away traveling). First I attempted standard windows update but this simply tells me everything is up to date. I found an article to clear the update cache /reboot / and try again. This did not get me to any later builds. My next step was to go directly to MS update site and run their tool, this appears to make progress until it reboots. From here my only option is to boot back to build 9926 and I get the following message. 21GB free on this xen VM. Thoughts / ideas?

Unable to upgrade from build 9926 to anything [​IMG]

:)

Rogue0888, Jul 28, 2015
  2. Cyberkhan Win User

I missed the train!

Hi,

Possibly I'm the last one left behind and the train to reserve my free copy of Win 10 is gone! I upgraded last February Windows 10 build 9926 from Windows 7 ultimate (Service pack 1). My laptop meets all requirements to upgrade. Since the upgrade to build
    9926 until July 29, my further Windows updates to latest builds failed 3 times in the middle of the update process. It could not completed giving error message.

In the taskbar, there is no Windows reservation icon. So can I have any idea that I have missed the reservation for free copy of Windows 10, or if there is any chance and how?

Thanks,

Cyberkhan, Jul 28, 2015
  3. Upgrade from Windows 10 Pro Technical Preview to Windows 10

I am running Windows 10 Pro Technical Preview on one of my computers - upgraded from Windows 7. Can I upgrade to the new Windows 10 from my Build 9926 or do I have to revert back to my Windows 7 at start-up and upgrade from the Windows 7 app?

James R_760, Jul 28, 2015
  4. TheZeeMan Win User

I don't think build is any good anymore to be honest, it was like one of the first ones...just wipe it and start over with something newer in my opinion.

TheZeeMan, Jul 28, 2015
  5. Ztruker Win User
    You need to reinstall a qualifying OS then upgrade to Windows 10 for the free version. The old build you have is not upgradeable. If you were in the Insider program you should have been updating as each build was released and been on build 10240 at this time.

Ztruker, Jul 29, 2015
  6. Rogue0888 Win User
    Yup, looks like a clean install worked fine. Lesson learned.

Rogue0888, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Unable to upgrade from build 9926 to anything - Similar Threads - Unable upgrade build

2. Chrome can't update in build 9926

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome can't update in build 9926: Greetings! Chrome can't update after I upgraded to newest build of windows 10 (9926). If I open Chrome menu and select "About Google Chrome", I just get this message: Version 39.0.2171.99 dev-m Updates are disabled by the administrator I have not disabled any...
  3. Taskbar color - build 9926

in Windows 10 Customization
    Taskbar color - build 9926: In build 9926 it seems that the Windows Taskbar transparency is gone. Which, for me, is not a good thing. On the positive side, we've gained control over taskbar color through registry keys: To change the Taskbar color add DWORD:...
  4. eM Client under Build 9926

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    eM Client under Build 9926: I've been unable to get eM Client running under 9926. It apparently installs but doesn't run correctly. I don't want to spend a whole lot of effort at this point getting it to run and will put it aside for now. But if someone here has been able to get it to run then I will...
  5. Onedrive works from Local Account (Build 9926)

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Onedrive works from Local Account (Build 9926): I've not been on the Forum much lately so apologies if everyone already knew this and it's been in 10 Preview all along... but I'm really pleased that the Onedrive sync works for local accounts again. *Biggrin Like Windows 8 (but not 8.1) I can now sign in with a local...
  6. If I install Build 9926

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    If I install Build 9926: If I install build 9926 will it update straight to 10049? If I choose the fast track? 5142
  7. install win 10 build 9926

install win 10 build 9926: Hi all, downloaded new Build 9926 earlier today as an inplace upgrade. Took the best part of 3 hours from start to finish. All apps, settings and programs the way they were. I went to check whether Cortana was working, but it's not. (Not available in your region) popup. Guess...
  8. my experience upgrading Win7 box to build 9926

my experience upgrading Win7 box to build 9926: I tried it an old PC that has lots of software and has some low-level things like Boxcryptor (which creates a virtual drive) and software that requires activation. I first took a backup using Macrium Reflect so I could restore if possible. The system has an old Intel Core Duo...
  9. updates for build 9926 Manual link

updates for build 9926 Manual link: Hi there Here's a Link to some updates for release 9926 in case you can't install via windows update. Windows 10 Technical Preview January Update Rollup (Not sure if the site rendering is working properly !!! but the link seems OK !!!). Cheers jimbo 3667
  10. Stuck on Build 9926, can't upgrade

Stuck on Build 9926, can't upgrade: Been using Windows 10 Tech Preview on and off since it first came out last year. Have been busy lately so haven't been able to keep up to date with updates. Want to upgrade to Build 10240 but Windows Updates isn't detecting there is a new build available. Have Microsoft...