Windows 10: Unable to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 due to an error 'This PC can't be upgraded...

Discus and support Unable to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 due to an error 'This PC can't be upgraded... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Using MediaCreationTool1903 I tried to upgrade from win7 to win10 and in its final stages it produced an error saying “"This PC can't be upgraded to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DrSci, Jun 30, 2019.

1. DrSci Win User

Unable to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 due to an error 'This PC can't be upgraded...

Using MediaCreationTool1903 I tried to upgrade from win7 to win10 and in its final stages it produced an error saying “"This PC can't be upgraded to Windows 10" error on a computer that has a USB device or SD card attached

“May 29, 2019—KB4497935”. . . . It appears that this USB-item was a known problem and KB4497935 was the fix. I removed the offending (and empty) usb thumb drive and tried to continue.

The message repeated (in a loop).

So, right now I am downloading win10 onto a thumb drive. (I am doing this because I am presuming that the previous download to the C drive is gone since I had to reboot.)

*** Anyone with the same "USB device or SD card attached" experience and solved the problem? ? ? ***

(I am trying to "beat the clock" since this is the last day for the upgrade 8-} Thanks much!

***Modified title from Upgrade Win7-Win10 fail "USB device" w/error msg (KB4497935)***

:)

DrSci, Jun 30, 2019
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jun 30, 2019
  3. Mussels Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Jun 30, 2019
  4. Uplink10 Win User

Unable to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 due to an error 'This PC can't be upgraded...

Windows 10 to be Free Upgrade for Windows 8.1 and Windows 7 Users

Windows 10 to be Free Upgrade for Windows 8.1 and Windows 7 Users but not Enterprise users

Uplink10, Jun 30, 2019
Thema:

1. Unable to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 due to an error 'This PC can't be upgraded... - Similar Threads - Unable upgrade due

2. Can't Upgrade From Windows 7 to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't Upgrade From Windows 7 to Windows 10: I'm trying to upgrade my computer to Windows 10. I have created an iso file of Windows 10 from another computer successfully, but when I go to change to Windows 10 and run the Media Creation Tool, my computer displays the error code 0x80072f8f - 0x20000. I don't really know...
  3. Can't Upgrade From Windows 7 to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Upgrade From Windows 7 to Windows 10: I'm trying to upgrade my computer to Windows 10. I have created an iso file of Windows 10 from another computer successfully, but when I go to change to Windows 10 and run the Media Creation Tool, my computer displays the error code 0x80072f8f - 0x20000. I don't really know...
  4. Can't Upgrade From Windows 7 to Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Upgrade PC from Windows 7 to Windows 10

Upgrade PC from Windows 7 to Windows 10: Hello I've been trying to upgrade my Win 7 to Win 10 for the last 3 days without success. Here's my system components AMD FX 6300 Six Core Processor RAM 8 GB GPU Nvidia GeForce 750 GTX Ti HDD WD 1TB Windows 7 Ultimate SP 1 and what I've tried so far: - Upgrade...
  6. Upgrading from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro - Error "This PC can't be upgraded...Your...

Upgrading from Windows 7 Pro to Windows 10 Pro - Error "This PC can't be upgraded...Your...: Dell XPS 8900 Intel Core i7-6700 CPA @3.40 GHz 8.00 GB RAM 64 bit Op Sys Have done urgent Dell updates, including BIOS, Intel & Nvidia, ran Dell update & Windows update to last possible Please advise. Upgrade was purchased via MS site...
  7. Can't upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10

Can't upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10: I'm running an activated copy of Windows 7 Home Premium, service pack 1, 64-bit, and I have the product key. When I tried to upgrade to Win 10 from Win 7, at some point the installation process stopped and reverted back to Win 7 with this error: "error code...
  8. Unable to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 due to the error

Unable to upgrade from Windows 7 to Windows 10 due to the error: I was trying to upgrade my system but got Error: 0x8007001F-0x20006 the installation failed in the safe_os phase with an error during replicate oc operation. How to sort it out?...
  9. Unable to upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7

Unable to upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7: Using MediaCreationTool 1909 x64, I have been unable to successfully upgrade my Windows 7 Ultimate computer to Windows 10. It goes through the process, acts like it going to reboot and then says "Windows upgrade has failed." I thought my issue was with Microsoft update and...
  10. Unable to upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7

Unable to upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 7: Hello, I'm trying to in-place upgrade my HP EliteDesk 800 G1 using the W10 Upgrade Assistance (currently on Windows 7 SP1). During several attempts, I'm stuck with a different errors, now 0xc1900107. Any advice on how to proceed? Thank you! 144077

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 7 cant be upgraded due to errors with windows updates