Windows 10: Unable to upgrade machines to Windows 11 using WSUS

Discus and support Unable to upgrade machines to Windows 11 using WSUS in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; We are rolling out Windows 11 to our offices. We are using WSUS and having issues where many machines are not showing as applicable for the Win11... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by 61magic, Oct 7, 2022.

1. 61magic Win User

Unable to upgrade machines to Windows 11 using WSUS

We are rolling out Windows 11 to our offices. We are using WSUS and having issues where many machines are not showing as applicable for the Win11 upgrade.The machines are of the same brand, model and specifications. When I run 3 different eval programs they all comes back and say the machines are fully capable of installing W11.They are also patched to the same level through WSUS, on the surface it appear everything is correct.I flashed the BIOS to the latest version but that didn't help.Also updating the drivers the manufacturer recommends didn't help.I've also tried to point the machine dire

:)

61magic, Oct 7, 2022

2. WSUS and Windows 11

We want to test Windows 11 in our environment.

Therefore we have added the 'Windows 11' product to our WSUS.

Now we have a few workstations that on first sight are compatible with Windows 11 (memory, diskspace, TPM2.0, ...) but they are listed in WSUS as 'not applicable' for the Windows 11 upgrade.

How can we find out what is preventing this upgrade?

The PC Health Check-app doesn't work on domain clients.

Jan Didden - Vereycken & Vereycken, Oct 7, 2022
  3. Lackó Win User
    Windows 10 x64 bulid update 2004 for WSUS error

Lás

Dear Sir/Madam,

I would like to ask for your help regarding WSUS bulid update error. We have a business environment with 350 clients running various desktops like Windows 10 Pro X64 OS, with update management provided by WSUS. We want to upgrade our machines to the 2004
    build, however for more than 250 machines, this runs into errors.

The error message is "0x800705b4". By manually running the upgrade on a desktop, it will be updated to 2004 without any problems.

In the case of 50-60 machines, it was also installed from WSUS, although machines with the same type and the same program environment.

May I ask your advise that there may be some history update that is absolutely necessary before the 2004 bulid update,

or perhaps for older bulilds, this can only be done in step by steps.

Should the OS of the server running WSUS be newer than 2012?

We welcome any suggestions that may be a central solution to the problem.

Thank you in advance for your response.

Yours sincerely,

László

Lackó, Oct 7, 2022
  4. mfaklis Win User

Windows 10 Pro x64 machines listed as "Vista" on my WSUS Server

I'm running WSUS 3.0 on a Windows Server 2012 R2. It doesn't seem to recognize a Windows 10 machine because my Windows 10 Pro x64 machines are listed as "Vista" on my WSUS Server.

No WSUS update has been issued to bring WSUS up-to-date.

mfaklis, Oct 7, 2022
Thema:

1. Unable to upgrade machines to Windows 11 using WSUS - Similar Threads - Unable upgrade machines

2. Unable to upgrade to windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to upgrade to windows 11: I am trying to upgrade to Windows 11, but it's telling me my pc is not optimized. It brings me to the PC health app, which tells me "TPM 2.0 must be enabled and supported on this PC." I then went to the BIOS to enable the TPM, but it says "Firmware TPM" and the option is...
  3. Upgraded to Windows 11 Machine, Want to use original windows Start menu.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgraded to Windows 11 Machine, Want to use original windows Start menu.: I want to use the Original Start menu style, and I also want to revert to the old style Right click behaviour.I cant find an option for this in Settings....
  4. Upgraded to Windows 11 Machine, Want to use original windows Start menu.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgraded to Windows 11 Machine, Want to use original windows Start menu.: I want to use the Original Start menu style, and I also want to revert to the old style Right click behaviour.I cant find an option for this in Settings....
  5. Unable to RDP to Windows 11 Machine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to RDP to Windows 11 Machine: I hope someone can help as I have been pulling my hair out for a few weeks over this issue.I have a Windows 11 Virtual Machine in Azure which I have been able to connect to until recently. When connecting it gets to Securing connection and it then fails. I have tried a local...
  6. Unable to RDP to Windows 11 Machine

Unable to RDP to Windows 11 Machine: I hope someone can help as I have been pulling my hair out for a few weeks over this issue.I have a Windows 11 Virtual Machine in Azure which I have been able to connect to until recently. When connecting it gets to Securing connection and it then fails. I have tried a local...
  7. Unable to upgrade machines to Windows 11 using WSUS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to upgrade machines to Windows 11 using WSUS: We are rolling out Windows 11 to our offices. We are using WSUS and having issues where many machines are not showing as applicable for the Win11 upgrade.The machines are of the same brand, model and specifications. When I run 3 different eval programs they all comes back and...
  8. Unable to upgrade to Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to upgrade to Windows 11: I have 2 Windows 10 computer, older Surface and a new last 2 years power computer. Neither one will upgrade to Windows 11. Something to do with not having/supporting TMP 2.0. I've seen some YouTube videos about correcting the problem but I'm afraid to try to follow all the...
  9. Unable to upgrade to Windows 11

Unable to upgrade to Windows 11: I have 2 Windows 10 computer, older Surface and a new last 2 years power computer. Neither one will upgrade to Windows 11. Something to do with not having/supporting TMP 2.0. I've seen some YouTube videos about correcting the problem but I'm afraid to try to follow all the...
  10. Unable to upgrade to windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to upgrade to windows 11: How is it that my 3 year old computer with i7 cannot support Windows 11? It is by no means a cheap computer and it is ludicrous that it cannot support the next windows upgrade, will it support windows 11 eventually?...